Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 08:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Fights broke out at multiple malls throughout the country in at least 14 states, including but not limited to AZ, CT, Ohio, Texas, NJ, NY, Colorado, TN and NC. Some states experienced outbreaks at multiple malls within single states.

A shout of "gun" caused a stampede of thousands at one mall. People poured out of food courts, leaving half eaten meals. Many of these malls closed early.

Seems most were precipitated by announcements of intended fights between teens on social media. This seems to have compelled thousands of teens to turn out to watch. Some malls experienced simultaneous fights at different locations throughout the mall.

The power of Social Media ...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 09:00 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
This also happened in Virginia & I believe I heard it happened a year ago at this time too. Malls seem to be a thing of the past. I'd really be interested in seeing how many "new malls" this country has had in the last 10 years. Seems like with the fear of terrorist attacks, teenage fights & internet sales always spiking we could be seeing the end of mall shoppers. I'm sure some people are tired of the BS & have decided to stop going.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:00 AM

325 posts, read 153,602 times
I am sure most if not all have the same thing in common. I avoid the mall for the most part...overpriced stores mixed with degenerate trash kind of people in them and crowded...no thanks.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:03 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
well that's the world we have created-for the teens- BUT I was in Miami the weekend- all quiet there except an elevator broke with a child and mom- everybody tried to help the little gal- stay calm - and some family in a car swerved somehow and ended up in a pond --and everybody got out to help. People got wet- nasty- muddy they made a human chain and got them out-

Old 12-27-2016, 09:09 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Incidents like these have gone on all over the country for decades so this is nothing new.

A lot of malls have strict policing and will kick out teens that cause problems.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:09 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
well that's the world we have created-for the teens-
I personally know of no teens that would participate in this. WE have not created this, but some of the crybaby Hillary and Obama supporters, donors sure have created this world.

Time for President Obama to call out Soros for his pay to protesters, when will those who support President Obama call for action?

Old 12-27-2016, 09:13 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I personally know of no teens that would participate in this. WE have not created this, but some of the crybaby Hillary and Obama supporters, donors sure have created this world.
So just WHO was it in your opinion created all the fighting teens prior to 2008?

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
well that's the world we have created-for the teens-.......-
Speak for yourself, buddy.

I have NOTHING to do with that sort of behavior.

My son and his friends where raised to act like civilized people. Not savages.

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Fights broke out at multiple malls throughout the country in at least 14 states, including but not limited to AZ, CT, Ohio, Texas, NJ, NY, Colorado, TN and NC. Some states experienced outbreaks at multiple malls within single states.

A shout of "gun" caused a stampede of thousands at one mall. People poured out of food courts, leaving half eaten meals. Many of these malls closed early.

Seems most were precipitated by announcements of intended fights between teens on social media. This seems to have compelled thousands of teens to turn out to watch. Some malls experienced simultaneous fights at different locations throughout the mall.

The power of Social Media ...........
In the 70s, 80s and 90s malls were a sign of prosperous middle class suburbia, however this looks today like a fad.

Since the internet, big box stores, and trend toward local business has grown, malls have just become indoor places for the lower classes to congregate.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:15 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Thank you Obama... we won't miss your legacy of fear and "it could of been worse"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies