Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 10:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,734,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Amazing ain't it. Something that big and you could water ski behind it.
the mythbusters water skied behind a cruise ship doing 35 knots i believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 01:06 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,193,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yep. The US Military can do anything it's ordered to do in the Pacific. There is no force on the planet that can stop it.

Then why do so many cry WOLF! claiming Obama has decimated the military when "There is no force on the planet that can stop it" ?

Old 12-28-2016, 03:08 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,493,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So, you Want a nuclear war, figures. So sorry but there is no power that cannot be beaten, even the USA.
Nope. And that isn't response to what I said. It only means you can't address what I said.

BTW, the topic isn't about me.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Then why do so many cry WOLF! claiming Obama has decimated the military when "There is no force on the planet that can stop it" ?
Got some exact quotes that you wish to discuss? Otherwise you make a generality to address a specific subject.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well said. only the russian navy matches the US in the submarine fleet, and theirs is declining.

only if the subs can manage to remain underwater, on the surface the modern submarine is actually slower by about 10-15 knots. and by the way, the chinese are using russian kilo class subs, they are extremely quiet at speeds of 5 knots or less, since they are diesel/electric subs.

Yes indeed. Lots here simply don't understand this. Then again, the entire topic was based on more nonsense from CNN.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:41 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,852,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That is common and you don't know the difference between tracking & confronting. They are called attack subs. Russians have been doing it for decades.

The telling tale here however, is that the US can track the very noisy Chinese subs at will and blow them out of the water if need be. They can't do that with our subs.

If you are attempting to make argument that the Chinese Navy is a match for the USA's, then you only embarrass yourself.
Oh Please I never made such an argument. We aren't talking about a football team here.
Carrier Battle groups do have their weaknesses. And not all their subs are noisy, especially if they are sitting still. Don't forget those noisy subs penetrated a carrier battle group undetected...... Because Carrier battle groups are so noisy that they mask the noise around them.
Next problem.
The navy going to the F-35 super piece of crap. Short legs force us to need to be much closer to the target. Well within Chinese anti-ship missile range. They can swarm the battle group and over whelm even our defenses.
The reality is however that neither side has any interest in slugging it out. Its all posturing.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:22 AM

24,368 posts, read 22,973,579 times
I'll have to check under my bed for that China boogerman. It must be crowded under there with Isis, North Korea, Iran, deplorables, and Fake Newsers.
Or I'll just ignore the Feds idiotic paranoia.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:11 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,796,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And we are not in their backyard? By the way, the Pacific is not ours.
It is if there is oil under it

Old 12-28-2016, 11:18 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,699,558 times
Big deal it's the ocean, anyone can steam around in it....Besides the Chicoms surface assets are pretty open to other modes of attack... Their ASW is a bit sub-par........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies