Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When do you think America's downfall will be and what do you think will be the cause?
Near; The national debt 3 4.62%
Far Off; Unknown 12 18.46%
2030; The United Nations 1 1.54%
Near; Corporations 4 6.15%
Near; Trump 17 26.15%
Near; World War III 1 1.54%
Near if we don't stop it; Far off if we act soon 4 6.15%
2025; the ever-growing federal government 2 3.08%
Never, America will live forever 2 3.08%
Someday mankind will kill itself off and America won't be immune to it 10 15.38%
2060; Apathy 0 0%
2045; Generation Snowflake / Common Core 9 13.85%
2040; Obama's decimation of our military 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 01:54 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
When do you think America as a nation will fall and what do you think will be the cause?
If you ask me, America has already started to fall, and the cause of it is how divided and partisan we are as a nation. We are going to tear this country apart from within like a virus, never mind any outside forces. A house divided cannot stand.

I was pretty young at the time of 9/11, but even I can remember how that one event brought us all together and unified us as one nation, as one people. I remember American flags flew off the shelves for weeks or months afterword and you were lucky if you could find one, because everyone suddenly had a sense of national pride and we all considered ourselves Americans, first and foremost, and for a little while, nothing else mattered.

I'm not convinced that same unity could ever happen again. Not today, not in this environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 05:25 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
The banks are broke and Obama is setting us up for World War III.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:06 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,034 times
I would say equal measure of greed and apathy.

Greed comes in many forms. Those who wish to gain as many material possessions as possible, far beyond what a prudent person would ever in their wildest imagination need, and yet don't wish to share any of their success with others. It's all mine!

Greed would also include those able-bodied individuals who demand others should support them because planning for a successful future, implementing the plan for a successful future.....and getting up to go to work resulting from said plan takes far to much effort....so YOU need to support me, or at least help support me, because I am to lazy, mentally and/or physically, to plan for and provide for my own needs.

Apathy also takes many forms. The Apathy of those with much who fail to see the legitimate needs of those around them. Sometimes because they don't look (apathy), or in some cases just flat out don't care(greed). I've got mine....so who cares about anyone else.

The apathy of voters. So many don't even vote. if you don't vote, you're unlikely to be part of the solution, but you're likely part of the problem. You're letting a small subset of our citizens exert more control than they should ideally have.

Two events held locally always make me shake my head and reinforce my thoughts about greed and apathy. When a local civic organization plans a community "work" day, where volunteers show up and do various things to help others, or the community in general with various projects....you're lucky to get a couple hundred people to show up. On the other hand, when a free Thanksgiving (or other special day) dinner is announced, 5000 people show up. Any questions ?

Old 12-28-2016, 06:12 AM

12,030 posts, read 6,560,687 times
Downfall of America -- Liberal governing policies.
Here's a current example of the downfall of a once lovely city ruined by the consequences of hyper liberal governing for decades. They need feces maps to maneuver the sidewalks.....
Read article -- not the video.

San Francisco grapples with growing crime, blight after years of liberal policies | Fox News

Old 12-28-2016, 06:13 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,059 times
Death by demographics.

When the country resembles the population of the third world, it will be the third world.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:13 AM

638 posts, read 310,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
When do you think America as a nation will fall and what do you think will be the cause?
An ideological civil war. Eventually liberals will go too far, and conservatives will have to act. I think the Obama regime was just a taste of how bad it could get. One day the idiots in this country we call swing voters will let another far left ideologue into office, and within a few years of that the call to arms will occur. The media will be the first to be attacked, as they are the root cause of much of the deception, and who knows where else it will go from there.

A gun ban will likely be the last straw and catalyst.

I just hope I'm dead by that time, and my kids will have the wherewithal to flee the country before it gets too bad. Because it will collapse the economy and markets, and drive the entire country into chaos. But make no mistake, our greatest threat as a country already lives here.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:32 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,112 times
The fact that Trump is one vote away from being tied for first...Goes to show how stupid the progressive left is. And i ain't gonna let it bother me.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:41 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Polarization and "wing" media. Both parties are controlled by their wings and those people use only hyper safe extreme media echo chambers of other hard core "wing" people. They gerrymander themselves hardcore districts where the only danger is someone more liberal or conservative in the primary. NC is the latest blow up of this. No I am not forgetting MD, IL, PA, OH...

Old 12-28-2016, 06:44 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
An ideological civil war. Eventually liberals will go too far, and conservatives will have to act. I think the Obama regime was just a taste of how bad it could get. One day the idiots in this country we call swing voters will let another far left ideologue into office, and within a few years of that the call to arms will occur. The media will be the first to be attacked, as they are the root cause of much of the deception, and who knows where else it will go from there.

A gun ban will likely be the last straw and catalyst.

I just hope I'm dead by that time, and my kids will have the wherewithal to flee the country before it gets too bad. Because it will collapse the economy and markets, and drive the entire country into chaos. But make no mistake, our greatest threat as a country already lives here.
Im one of those idiots not in the "wings" of American politics.

PS thanks for providing an example for my above post.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:33 AM

638 posts, read 310,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Im one of those idiots not in the "wings" of American politics.

PS thanks for providing an example for my above post.
You're welcome. But you missed the point.

The point was banning guns in the United States will be the end of us all. It's the one thing that conservatives will not accept, and it will be the issue that causes them to respond.

Kill the babies, marry the gays, remove god from everything, erase the borders, load the country with the dregs of the world, but if any serious attempt is made to disarm conservatives they will most certainly, not likely, but certainly turn those arms on their aggressors.

....and by the way, thanks for illustrating my disdain for swing voters. They swing because they don't understand the country that they live in.

There are just some things in this country that are not to be messed with. The ability to protect ones self, loved ones, and property is one of those things. I just hope liberals comprehend that before they go too far and we all have to pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies