Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 10:43 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Currently i'm paying on average approximately $2.40 per gallon. Im afraid to ask but if you had your way what would I be paying at the pump.

Also would you make an exception lets say for diesel fuel that alot of truck drivers like myself use. Basically that drive large trucks for their livelihood.

I guess the bigger question is, how much are the futures of your children and grandchildren worth ? Can we put a price on the need to clean up the mess we left for their futures ?

But Trump and his supporters do not believe in climate change or the need to do things to clean up the pollution we have soiled the earth with for way too long. I guess that is really the root of your question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 10:51 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Currently i'm paying on average approximately $2.40 per gallon. Im afraid to ask but if you had your way what would I be paying at the pump.

Also would you make an exception lets say for diesel fuel that alot of truck drivers like myself use. Basically that drive large trucks for their livelihood.
I don't care what you drive. I like what Canada did and I think that would be great here.Gas in Canada is .90 cents a liter whatever their tax is it all goes to pay for health care ......for everyone.Stop all state taxes on gas put them into health care system people ,all people pay nothing. States pay for there own infrastructure and the Federal goverment pays for the Federal roads.How much would the country save on Medicare and Medicade ,same with the states.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:04 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,000 times
Let me get this straight: is the government considering a carbon tax to create a trust fund for the future "victims" of the climate being infinitesimally warmer than it would have been without humans (say, loss of property value due to 1" higher sea level in 200 years)? Nope. Just raise the cost of energy, to hand even more money to Big Government.

And does the carbon tax incorporate the beneficial aspects of a hypothetical slightly warmer climate, like a longer growing season? Nope. Just ignore those.

Back before Al Gore had come up with the idea of being the world's first "climate billionaire," the historical correlation of reduced sunspot activity and ice ages revealed the possibility that earth might be headed into the next ice age (in which case man-caused global warming would be helpful). Nowadays political interests attempt to suppress studies that show correlations of sunspot activity and global cooling (Scientists Suppress Little Ice Age Study | The Daily Caller), indicating a less-than-scientific objectivity.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:14 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I don't care what you drive. I like what Canada did and I think that would be great here.Gas in Canada is .90 cents a liter whatever their tax is it all goes to pay for health care ......for everyone.Stop all state taxes on gas put them into health care system people ,all people pay nothing. States pay for there own infrastructure and the Federal goverment pays for the Federal roads.How much would the country save on Medicare and Medicade ,same with the states.
Let me tax you $300 a month and each year I'll get you a brand new tv. Think about how great it would be to get a free tv each year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies