Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 08:48 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
While I feel for the plight of those with gender confusion , where their wants and desires clash with society , society does not have to upend all societal norms to pander to ( for lack of a better way of putting it) the transgendered.
How does allowing a transgendered person to live as he or she wishes "upend all societal norms"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 08:57 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How does allowing a transgendered person to live as he or she wishes "upend all societal norms"?
Allowing biological males into women's RR and women's dressing rooms for starters . Allowing the transgendered to sue businesses who won't allow them to use the RR different from their biological gender . Allowing grown men to walk around nude in front of teenage girls because they are a trans with the right to force young girls to watch their penis swing back and forth as they parade around nude in the women's dressing room of a swimming pool . And that's without the whole philosophical issue of accepting black is white, up is down, right is left, a person with a penis can be a woman issue that we allow to cloud our rational way of thinking . I don't care how people live their lives as long as they don't do so stupidly and disruptively. But when we as a society can make ourselves accept that the guy in a dress with makeup and lipstick on actually IS a woman, we have gone off the deep end with regards to rational and logical thinking . The guy in a dress wearing makeup really IS just a guy in a dress wearing makeup . No harm in that UNTIL we insist on accepting that he is truly a woman , which shows a total disconnect from reality as a society .

Old 01-05-2017, 08:58 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I believe the delusions and behaviors discussed in this thread to be the result of serious mental illness, no matter what others may allege here.
So what you're saying, is that you know more than all of the doctors that have studied this, and that they are all wrong, and you alone are right. Interesting.

Quote:
I wouldn't want them around my child, both for the reasons stated above and as an example of what is acceptable behavior.
I'm a night owl. I always have been. I used to drive my Mom nuts when I was a baby, because I kept her up all night. So I'm usually up pretty late.

I go to church most Sundays. I love going and being around other Christians. I pray often, even in public. I love the conversations God and I have. I also study the Bible, though not as often as I should.

I'm a computer geek, I love everything about them, computers have always just made sense to me. I started learning about them in about the third grade. Back then a laptop sci=fi stuff, and the computers we had were extremely expensive and slow. I also play video games, though nothing violent. I play Minecraft most often.

I love Netflix, and enjoy watching movies, and some TV shoes. Quantum Leap and Star Trek TNG are usually what I watch. House of Cards is fascinating to me also.

I spend a lot of time online, C-D is something of an addiction, there are so many people to talk to, and all kinds of interesting conversations. I also talk to friends on social media, and occasionally post on Twitter. I spend time with friends when I can, offline I mean.

I keep my apartment mostly clean, I love a clean place. Clean-ish. I love to cook, and am always trying new recipes. I pulled off a very good Jambalaya earlier, that I am very proud of.

So that's pretty much what I do. What part of my behavior (what I do every day, my "lifestyle") do you find unacceptable?

Old 01-05-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Humans are born male or female. Born, not "assigned", not "decided", and not "changable". And believing otherwise makes them drastically different, at least from me. (I cannot speak for you.) I have no hatred, but am not prone to indulging to the whims of the insane or deluded, whatever the root of such delusion may be. I prefer to deal in reality and facts as they are, not what some may want them to be. I believe the delusions and behaviors discussed in this thread to be the result of serious mental illness, no matter what others may allege here.

As for unsafe, I have worked with the mentally ill. During that time, I was on numerous occasions injured by them. I have been stabbed by someone who seconds before seemed perfectly fine, and had bones broken by those who flew into a sudden rage. Letting your guard down, even for a second, is a dangerous thing to do when dealing with those disconnected from reality. And a man in a dress, thinking he's not a man, fits into that category.

But those under discussion don't seem to acknowledge the reality of their gender. I wouldn't want them around my child, both for the reasons stated above and as an example of what is acceptable behavior. Both of your examples are of those who make bad choices (for whatever reason) and to me, that's not a safe person to trust the care of my child to. Get them the help they need, and that means appropriate help, not furthering their madness nor going along with their desire to be mutilated.
For someone who claims to have worked with the "mentally ill" you have a very poor understanding of mental illness.

A transgendered person is not mentally ill. There is no "help" that is going to change the way they feel.

The transgendered are far more likely to be the victim of violence than the perpetrator.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...lgbt.html?_r=0

How many transgendered people have committed violence in public bathrooms?

https://mic.com/articles/114066/stat...oms#.7pWF5EKFs

Old 01-05-2017, 09:04 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Allowing biological males into women's RR and women's dressing rooms for starters . Allowing the transgendered to sue businesses who won't allow them to use the RR different from their biological gender . And that's without the whole philosophical issue of accepting black is white, up is down, right is left, a person with a penis can be a woman issue that we allow to cloud our rational way of thinking . I don't care how people live their lives as long as they don't do so stupidly and disruptively. But when we as a society can make ourselves accept that the guy in a dress with makeup and lipstick on actually IS a woman, we have gone off the deep end with regards to rational and logical thinking . The guy in a dress wearing makeup really IS just a guy in a dress wearing makeup . No harm in that UNTIL we insist on accepting that he is truly a woman , which shows a total disconnect from reality as a society .
What the hell is with this "guy in a dress" foolishness I keep seeing? Also, what you are describing, is not a transwoman, it's a drag queen.

Not all transwomen wear dresses just like not all cisgender women wear dresses.

I have an interesting question for the guys in the group who can't accept that there is a difference between physical sex and gender.

Without referencing your body, or anything physical about you, how do you know you're a guy?

Old 01-05-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Allowing biological males into women's RR and women's dressing rooms for starters . Allowing the transgendered to sue businesses who won't allow them to use the RR different from their biological gender . Allowing grown men to walk around nude in front of teenage girls because they are a trans with the right to force young girls to watch the penis swing back and forth as they parade around nude in the women's dressing room of a swimming pool . And that's without the whole philosophical issue of accepting black is white, up is down, right is left, a person with a penis can be a woman issue that we allow to cloud our rational way of thinking . I don't care how people live their lives as long as they don't do so stupidly and disruptively. But when we as a society can make ourselves accept that the guy in a dress with makeup and lipstick on actually IS a woman, we have gone off the deep end with regards to rational and logical thinking . The guy in a dress wearing makeup really IS just a guy in a dress wearing makeup . No harm in that UNTIL we insist on accepting that he is truly a woman , which shows a total disconnect from reality as a society .
Can you find any real instances of a transgender woman actually doing what you describe?

My gender matches my natal sex and I have never paraded around in the nude in any locker room.

What is funny is that if a transgender woman has had sex reassignment surgery a gynecologist would have a hard time identifying her as transgender. Those who have not had surgery do not want to display their genitalia.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:11 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,439,663 times
Why are people so offended by a woman's penis?

/s

Old 01-06-2017, 05:22 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,541 times
Quote:

As for unsafe, I have worked with the mentally ill. During that time, I was on numerous occasions injured by them. I have been stabbed by someone who seconds before seemed perfectly fine, and had bones broken by those who flew into a sudden rage. Letting your guard down, even for a second, is a dangerous thing to do when dealing with those disconnected from reality. And a man in a dress, thinking he's not a man, fits into that category.
Mentally ill? So every gay person or transgendered person you have possibly been around wants to hurt you or injure you in some way? You talk about being disconnected from reality and the way you talk about people sounds very disconnected from reality.

Being gay or transgendered is definitely NOT a mental illness. I have yet to meet ONE gay person or transgendered person who wants to harm me in any way. I've never met ONE gay person or transgendered person who flew into a fit of rage. I have however met many gay or transgendered people who are very active in the community, love helping others, are talented and so creative, are kind, loving and are good people.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:54 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Can you find any real instances of a transgender woman actually doing what you describe?

My gender matches my natal sex and I have never paraded around in the nude in any locker room.

What is funny is that if a transgender woman has had sex reassignment surgery a gynecologist would have a hard time identifying her as transgender. Those who have not had surgery do not want to display their genitalia.

Yes, there are cases in which biological males have walked around nude in women's dressing rooms . And the right for biological makes to use the women's RRs is obviously a hot topic today.

As I said, I don't care how people live their lives, until they start insisting upon this kind of stupidity that affects other people .

Old 01-06-2017, 06:39 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
The Boy Scouts did the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies