Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 06:44 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
What the hell is with this "guy in a dress" foolishness I keep seeing? Also, what you are describing, is not a transwoman, it's a drag queen.

Not all transwomen wear dresses just like not all cisgender women wear dresses.

I have an interesting question for the guys in the group who can't accept that there is a difference between physical sex and gender.

Without referencing your body, or anything physical about you, how do you know you're a guy?

The " foolishness" is reality. A person with a penis is a male. A person with a vagina is a female . Gender identity is not a selection to be made by the individual , it is assigned by nature at birth . Very rarely something goes awry and the person feels differently than their biological sex, but this mental confusion doesn't alter reality . It is unfortunate , and I feel for those who have to deal with this confusion, but this condition does not alter the biological reality of their gender . And as I have said, they should be free to live life as the gender they choose . But society is not required to dismiss reality and believe that a male with a penis really is a female simply because he feels like one and chooses to live life as one . I don't care if my next door neighbor is a black guy who thinks he is white , he is free to live as he chooses. But I am not required to change my perception of reality and believe that the guy truly is a white guy simply because he believes himself to be such .

As to your question, it is irrelevant because it tries to place gender identity in the feelings of a person rather than the biological reality of how their bodies are designed to function in the reproductive process . We do not approach any other instance like this, so why do so here ? We would not regard a white man to be a black man simply because he feels like he is, we would not consider and treat a 30 yr old man as a 65 yr old simply because he has " age confusion", and we would not consider a skinny bulemic person that sees themselves as being obese to truly be fat simply because their mind projects this image to them somehow . In all these instances we stick with the physical reality of the situation regardless of the mental perception . That does not mean that we persecute , harass , or otherwise make life difficult for those folks, but we are not forced to alter our understanding of reality because some individuals are confused about theirs . Which is what is asked of society with the transgendered .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 07:33 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The " foolishness" is reality. A person with a penis is a male. A person with a vagina is a female . Gender identity is not a selection to be made by the individual , it is assigned by nature at birth . Very rarely something goes awry and the person feels differently than their biological sex, but this mental confusion doesn't alter reality . It is unfortunate , and I feel for those who have to deal with this confusion, but this condition does not alter the biological reality of their gender . And as I have said, they should be free to live life as the gender they choose . But society is not required to dismiss reality and believe that a male with a penis really is a female simply because he feels like one and chooses to live life as one . I don't care if my next door neighbor is a black guy who thinks he is white , he is free to live as he chooses. But I am not required to change my perception of reality and believe that the guy truly is a white guy simply because he believes himself to be such .

As to your question, it is irrelevant because it tries to place gender identity in the feelings of a person rather than the biological reality of how their bodies are designed to function in the reproductive process . We do not approach any other instance like this, so why do so here ? We would not regard a white man to be a black man simply because he feels like he is, we would not consider and treat a 30 yr old man as a 65 yr old simply because he has " age confusion", and we would not consider a skinny bulemic person that sees themselves as being obese to truly be fat simply because their mind projects this image to them somehow . In all these instances we stick with the physical reality of the situation regardless of the mental perception . That does not mean that we persecute , harass , or otherwise make life difficult for those folks, but we are not forced to alter our understanding of reality because some individuals are confused about theirs . Which is what is asked of society with the transgendered .
So essentially what you're saying is that you know more than all of the doctors and researchers who have actually studied this; and that they are all wrong, and you are right. as I said in another post, I find that interesting.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
So essentially what you're saying is that you know more than all of the doctors and researchers who have actually studied this; and that they are all wrong, and you are right. as I said in another post, I find that interesting.

I am saying that in the human species females are the gender that has the equipment to get pregnant and carry babies . Males are the ones that deliver the sperm . Gender is not a choice , it is a biological reproductive function .

When you have evidence to the contrary please share it . The relabeling of gender by some PC psychologists is of no concern to people who live in reality.Men do not get pregnant , women do not impregnate men . It really is that simple once you pull back the PC curtain that tries to confuse things and look behind it .

I'm not arguing that the transgendered don't have a physiological basis for their gender confusion , I presume that they do. I am simply stating that having chemicals in the brain convincing a male that he is actually a female does not make him capable of getting pregnant and nursing a baby. Again, if you have evidence to dispute this, please provide it . Nothing about psychologists explaining the cause of gender confusion alters the actual reproductive capabilities , and therefore gender , of a person .

Old 01-06-2017, 08:19 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Allowing biological males into women's RR and women's dressing rooms for starters . Allowing the transgendered to sue businesses who won't allow them to use the RR different from their biological gender . Allowing grown men to walk around nude in front of teenage girls because they are a trans with the right to force young girls to watch their penis swing back and forth as they parade around nude in the women's dressing room of a swimming pool . And that's without the whole philosophical issue of accepting black is white, up is down, right is left, a person with a penis can be a woman issue that we allow to cloud our rational way of thinking . I don't care how people live their lives as long as they don't do so stupidly and disruptively. But when we as a society can make ourselves accept that the guy in a dress with makeup and lipstick on actually IS a woman, we have gone off the deep end with regards to rational and logical thinking . The guy in a dress wearing makeup really IS just a guy in a dress wearing makeup . No harm in that UNTIL we insist on accepting that he is truly a woman , which shows a total disconnect from reality as a society .
What's different than a white guy with blonde hair and blue eyes, who desperately wants to be accepted as a black man. Putting on blackface, lipstick and a dress, doesn't turn a white man into a black woman.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:40 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Liberal politics, and political correctness have invaded science and medicine, making their assertions and assumptions very suspect. These so called experts have been proven wrong, time and time again.

If a given result for any study pushes some leftist social agenda item forward, it gets sprinted to the top, and pressed onto the public as fact.

Dietary fat, for example, was deemed unhealthy by doctors who already convinced themselves it was bad, and set out to make it so. Fat in food was icky, and thus bad for us, and the fat-free diet craze swept the world for decades. Parents who bought into this, would raise their kids on fat-free diets, and then their children would suffer stunted growth and exhibit other medical problems. for decades, and research that cast doubt or disproved the fat haters, was buried, and the researchers ridiculed.

So no, with the history of science being wrong, in order to promote some social, personal, and political agendas, I doubt their assumptions all the time now, especially when these assumptions fit do well into a political and a social agenda like this one does.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:12 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Yes, there are cases in which biological males have walked around nude in women's dressing rooms . And the right for biological makes to use the women's RRs is obviously a hot topic today.

As I said, I don't care how people live their lives, until they start insisting upon this kind of stupidity that affects other people .
Where and when?

I object to you living your life in such uneducated ignorance. How about that?

Old 01-06-2017, 10:33 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Yes, there are cases in which biological males have walked around nude in women's dressing rooms . And the right for biological makes to use the women's RRs is obviously a hot topic today.

As I said, I don't care how people live their lives, until they start insisting upon this kind of stupidity that affects other people .
Care to provide the details of cases of biological males walking around nude in women's dressing rooms?

Any transgender woman just wants to go in the bathroom, go in a stall, take care of her business, wash up, and leave. A transgender male will do the same. He is not going to be standing at a urinal looking at your junk.

Quote:
I am saying that in the human species females are the gender that has the equipment to get pregnant and carry babies . Males are the ones that deliver the sperm . Gender is not a choice , it is a biological reproductive function .

When you have evidence to the contrary please share it . The relabeling of gender by some PC psychologists is of no concern to people who live in reality.Men do not get pregnant , women do not impregnate men . It really is that simple once you pull back the PC curtain that tries to confuse things and look behind it .

I'm not arguing that the transgendered don't have a physiological basis for their gender confusion , I presume that they do. I am simply stating that having chemicals in the brain convincing a male that he is actually a female does not make him capable of getting pregnant and nursing a baby. Again, if you have evidence to dispute this, please provide it . Nothing about psychologists explaining the cause of gender confusion alters the actual reproductive capabilities , and therefore gender , of a person .
You fail to understand that sex and gender are not the same thing. Reproduction has to do with sex, not gender. That you do not want to accept it does not make that false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Liberal politics, and political correctness have invaded science and medicine, making their assertions and assumptions very suspect. These so called experts have been proven wrong, time and time again.

If a given result for any study pushes some leftist social agenda item forward, it gets sprinted to the top, and pressed onto the public as fact.

Dietary fat, for example, was deemed unhealthy by doctors who already convinced themselves it was bad, and set out to make it so. Fat in food was icky, and thus bad for us, and the fat-free diet craze swept the world for decades. Parents who bought into this, would raise their kids on fat-free diets, and then their children would suffer stunted growth and exhibit other medical problems. for decades, and research that cast doubt or disproved the fat haters, was buried, and the researchers ridiculed.

So no, with the history of science being wrong, in order to promote some social, personal, and political agendas, I doubt their assumptions all the time now, especially when these assumptions fit do well into a political and a social agenda like this one does.
It's off topic but medicine never has advocated a "fat free" diet. It has suggested that lowering total fat calories was best, specifically avoiding trans fat, and has never adviseed a "fat free" diet for children. Recommendations do change as new information comes in, and that is the way it should be.

Transgender folks just want to be allowed to live their lives. The people who have made a "social, personal, and political agenda" about it are those who, to use your word, find transgenderism "icky".

Old 01-06-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Where and when?

I object to you living your life in such uneducated ignorance. How about that?

Transgender Student in Women's Locker Room Raises Uproar - ABC News

This isn't even the ones I was referring to, as those took place at least a couple of years in the past as I cited them on a discussion forum that has been defunct for a couple of years now .

The uneducated and ignorant person would not be the one aware of these occurrences , but rather the one not knowledgeable enough about the world to know they are and have been happening , but as I said in my initial post, I expected the anger . It tends to serve as the substitute for fact for those who don't like any disagreement with the PC position on transgender .

Old 01-06-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Care to provide the details of cases of biological males walking around nude in women's dressing rooms?

Any transgender woman just wants to go in the bathroom, go in a stall, take care of her business, wash up, and leave. A transgender male will do the same. He is not going to be standing at a urinal looking at your junk.

You fail to understand that sex and gender are not the same thing. Reproduction has to do with sex, not gender. That you do not want to accept it does not make that false.

It's off topic but medicine never has advocated a "fat free" diet. It has suggested that lowering total fat calories was best, specifically avoiding trans fat, and has never adviseed a "fat free" diet for children. Recommendations do change as new information comes in, and that is the way it should be.

Transgender folks just want to be allowed to live their lives. The people who have made a "social, personal, and political agenda" about it are those who, to use your word, find transgenderism "icky".

Gender has historically and typically been based on ones sexual identity, and as such is based on the reproductive system . Your desire to pretend different is irrelevant . Nonetheless , not equating gender with sex would be beside the point . RRs and dressing rooms are designed to accomodate persons of identical genitalia . It's why there are no urinals in women's RR and no tampon dispensers in the men's . I could care less what a person calls themselves gender wise , but the person with a penis is male, and the person with the vagina is female , and no new gender identification terminology will change that . And penises possessors should use the penis RR, and vagina possessors the vagina RR and dressing room .

The issue here is not really about how do we label them, so that we can separate the sexual and gender factors and call a person with a penis a woman . It is about how a society should allow people to function biologically . Do we allow persons with penises to use the facilities designated for persons with vaginas ? Should people who identify as women but in fact have penises be allowed to go into facilities intended for females ? Should young girls be forced to share RRs and dressing rooms with persons who are actually biologically male ? In my opinion, as I suspect it is with most people, the answer is no .

And as I said, I am all for the transgendered living their lives as they please without harassment, until they start the kind of stupidity I cited .

Last edited by wallflash; 01-06-2017 at 11:32 AM..

Old 01-06-2017, 11:27 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:

Link? (Other than Donald Trump)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies