Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 09:15 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,036,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
You're making this too difficult. All we need to do is declare the illegals to be enemy combatants and allow the people and military to shoot them. Some will die and the rest will self-deport.

We can invoke the Alien Enemies Act on them and groups like La Raza have even said they were using illegal immigration to try and get parts of the US back under Mexican control, thus giving us a motive to declare them enemies of the state.
Enemy combatants?! Really?

These are people who are trying to put food on the table, not kill your grandmother. As a demographic, they are less violent than any other group. On what basis do you declare them to be enemy combatants and encourage people to shoot them? Are you some sort of bloodthirsty fascist?

Old 12-30-2016, 09:18 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Enemy combatants?! Really?

These are people who are trying to put food on the table, not kill your grandmother. As a demographic, they are less violent than any other group. On what basis do you declare them to be enemy combatants and encourage people to shoot them? Are you some sort of bloodthirsty fascist?
I was more being factious. People are often like "Well, there's NO way to deal with them so let's let them all stay." so I offered one way that we could deal with them and it would work to them leaving.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:39 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCguy81 View Post
How in the world is this fiscally feasible? I gotta brush on some constitutional particulars, but nevertheless it will be expensive, and another shameful reminder for future generations. It's kayfabe. It didn't happen in the past generation, during my 53 years the US population has for all intents and purposes, doubled.
lol it's not. It's the craziest idea anyone ever had and wouldn't stop illegal immigration anyway, the only thing that will is when we start putting employers who hire undocumented people in prison

Old 12-31-2016, 03:56 AM

7,642 posts, read 4,588,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
I don't think so. The way to stop illegal aliens from taking American jobs is to penalize the companies that hire illegal workers and pay them slave wages under the table. I know this probably sounds absolutely crazy but I don't know why I've never heard this arguement before, all I here is "BUILD A WALL!!!" which is ****ing stupid and will not stop people from coming into the country illegally. Fine the companies that undercut American workers and don't want to pay a fair wage! Am I the only sane person left, or am I just crazy?
Outsourcing is the door illegals can walk through.

Take person A. Person A has gotten to America legally, but has 10 family members who want to come.

Person A will start a business. Their business will be successful because they basically have slave labor over their family members. So they will start a service company to other companies and they will get sales because they are cheap. Could be janitorial, construction, landscaping, or repairs etc. It doesn't matter what so long as nobody except for the business owner will know.

The business gets paid and will pay the other employees in cash.

Illegals won't work for legitimate companies. They can't. They need to work for these made up companies that can be hired by the legitimate companies because the legitimate companies will have no plausible reason to suspect anything illegal.

I recall one janitorial place whose bid was so low, that I realized they weren't CHARGING enough for even minimum wage coverage of their employees, much less including company overhead. I was going to toss them out, but my boss at the time said to let them do it. I'm sure the employees were illegal, but I had no leverage to inquire about it.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:02 AM

449 posts, read 494,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol it's not. It's the craziest idea anyone ever had and wouldn't stop illegal immigration anyway, the only thing that will is when we start putting employers who hire undocumented people in prison

Yeah its so crazy to want to defend the border from invading hordes bringing in diseases that were eradicated in the US decades ago.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:27 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,036,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
Yeah its so crazy to want to defend the border from invading hordes bringing in diseases that were eradicated in the US decades ago.
You mean like measles? That disease? The one where Central American countries have higher vaccination rates than the US?

Measles is spreading in the US because people are too srupid to vaccinate their kids. It has nothing to do with immigration.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:22 AM

1,104 posts, read 918,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Outsourcing is the door illegals can walk through.

Take person A. Person A has gotten to America legally, but has 10 family members who want to come.

Person A will start a business. Their business will be successful because they basically have slave labor over their family members. So they will start a service company to other companies and they will get sales because they are cheap. Could be janitorial, construction, landscaping, or repairs etc. It doesn't matter what so long as nobody except for the business owner will know.

The business gets paid and will pay the other employees in cash.
Yes I agree! All legal migrants are potential spores which, given enough time to fester, will suddenly explode (with included sound effects) into a franchise domino's pizza or convenience store wherever they are walking on the street at that particular point in time.

Somewhere, a satellite dish rips open in their rear yard, and beams a signal into the sky, inviting more spores which instinctively float over the ocean until manifesting themselves as weeping wives and battered teens upon their arrival.

The legal migrant grins, squints and rubs his hands with glee, seeing his plans comes to fruit, and the new spore factory in full operation, infecting the air far and beyond with even more spores. Diners, clothes stores, and helpful outreach centers multiply at an alarming rate, until the public cannot take any more.

Panic descends. Riots break out, mass violence is reported, and society itself rapidly deteriorates into
a nomadic primitivism. In time, all writing is based on cave-like scribbles, and language has been lost, replaced to animal grunts and sneers.

It's easy picking on the most vulnerable isn't it? Ironically, doesn't a non-national already have the intrinsic respect they require from themselves, but you don't because of your own perceived deficiency? Your complaint should be re-directed to yourself.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:54 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,326 times
Quote:
Yes on the books there's laws against it but how often is this enforced? We as Americans also need to do our part and not hire illegals to do side jobs "because they'll work cheap". Is money really all that matters to some people?
My area has many poultry processing plants which hire many nonEnglish speaking workers. The local unemployed U.S. citizens on welfare would not do this type of work. Deport the illegals and watch for shortages in the supermarket.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:20 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
My area has many poultry processing plants which hire many nonEnglish speaking workers. The local unemployed U.S. citizens on welfare would not do this type of work. Deport the illegals and watch for shortages in the supermarket.
Sure they would. Meat & poultry processing used to be considered a great job in the midwest, it was unionized and paid around $20 an hour, the workers sustained many small communities with those wages. Then the meat packers decided to bus in illegals and fire the citizens. And it wasn't just done to save money on wages, they knew that an undocumented person who gets their fingers cut off while working won't file a workers comp claim or make much of a stink, they can just give them a few hundred dollars and take them off the line and have them sweep the floor.

Meatpackers' Profits Hinge On Pool of Immigrant Labor - The New York Times

Old 12-31-2016, 12:27 PM

193 posts, read 169,107 times
Quote:
I don't think so. The way to stop illegal aliens from taking American jobs is to penalize the companies that hire illegal workers and pay them slave wages under the table. I know this probably sounds absolutely crazy but I don't know why I've never heard this arguement before, all I here is "BUILD A WALL!!!" which is ****ing stupid and will not stop people from coming into the country illegally. Fine the companies that undercut American workers and don't want to pay a fair wage! Am I the only sane person left, or am I just crazy?

I'm guessing you were home-schooled? Maybe both parents were related?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.