Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 08:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Can you explain why you believe that is true ????
Oh that's right, only whites can be deplorable's. <sarcasm>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 08:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Im fine with hearing it, but im asking for a critique of an article that talks about racial tensions in and of themselves. The articles even gives examples to back up those claims. You gave no such effort or even an attempt to stay on topic.

Also, please dont use the bold line, that is a line that goes both way when it is used.
omg, is that all you think about? Oh and by the way, I didn't bold lines so please take your lecture elsewhere.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh that's right, only whites can be deplorable's. <sarcasm>
Hillary in that speech defined deplorables as the racist and bigots. I dont see a problem with that, why do you ?????

Old 12-29-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
omg, is that all you think about? Oh and by the way, I didn't bold lines so please take your lecture elsewhere.
I asked for a critique of the article, you have yet to do so, and since this thread is about the article, in this context, yes, the article is all im thinking about.

If you are unable to do so, thats fine, but dont try to act like im putting an incredible burden on you by asking you to discuss the topic of the thread.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:32 PM

610 posts, read 533,177 times
My solution is to never ever click on any links to CNN, NYT, etc the usual leftist liars. I stay happy and deprive them of revenue. They want attention--that's their business--the best thing is to ignore the slugs and maybe they'll disappear to a well-deserved oblivion.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:44 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
...in current day America, you can be racist against whites and that's okay...
Quote:
Can you explain why you believe that is true?
Seriously? How many articles and videos have there been -- dozens? hundreds? -- describing how "reverse racism" isn't a thing? How it's *impossible* to be racist toward white people? How white people having a preference to date other white people is white supremacy but black people having a preference not to date white people is completely fine and justified? How if you're a white person and don't want to take down whiteness and don't hate white people you're an oppressor?

I read one the other day about how white people hating white people should shut up, because just being aware of systemic racism and ingrained bigotry doesn't give them an honorary PoC card.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Seriously? How many articles and videos have there been -- dozens? hundreds? -- describing how "reverse racism" isn't a thing? How it's *impossible* to be racist toward white people? How white people having a preference to date other white people is white supremacy but black people having a preference not to date white people is completely fine and justified? How if you're a white person and don't want to take down whiteness and don't hate white people you're an oppressor?

I read one the other day about how white people hating white people should shut up, because just being aware of systemic racism and ingrained bigotry doesn't give them an honorary PoC card.
I can only speak about what I have witnessed in the area of articles about reverse racism, and they tend to be about 1 of 2 things.

the first is obvious, that "reverse" racism as a phrase doesnt make sense. It is racism or prejudice, plain and simple.

The second is usually combating someone who has defined college scholarships, quotes, Affirmative Action, SBA minority loans as reverse racism.

None of the articles I have read have ever stated that white people can not be the victims of racism.

Also never read an article that said only dating black people was ok while saying only dating white people was not.

Do you mind providing evidence of the existence of these articles ???? Better yet, let me remind you that I doubt you deny the existence of racist white, and see them simply as a minority, when not do the same of these articles you have claimed to have read ???? Why give one that benefit, but not the other ?

Old 12-29-2016, 09:09 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
...the first is obvious, that "reverse" racism as a phrase doesnt make sense. It is racism or prejudice, plain and simple...
Hilarious. No, the very term "reverse racism" was *invented* by Regressive Leftists in order to conveniently describe how it is impossible to be racist toward a white person.
Quote:
The second is usually combating someone who has defined college scholarships, quotes, Affirmative Action, SBA minority loans as reverse racism.
Not. Even. Close.
Quote:
None of the articles I have read have ever stated that white people can not be the victims of racism.

Also never read an article that said only dating black people was ok while saying only dating white people was not.
You need to read more and listen more. I've read so many and heard so many.
Quote:
Do you mind providing evidence of the existence of these articles?
Kinda. It's been done to death. I'm about to sign off tonight. It's been all over this forum, as a matter of fact. I would suggest entering these phrases as Google searches, and then viewing the general results, the "News" results, the "Images" results, and the "Videos" results for each one in turn. Try to come up with your own juicy phrases too.
  • reverse racism is not real
  • it's impossible to be racist toward whites
  • racial dating preferences racist
Maybe another poster will be so kind as to direct you toward some too. You're going to be looking for stuff like Salon, Slate, Huffpo, Vox, Vice, Mother Jones, Daily Kos, Tumblr, Everyday Feminist, etc.
Quote:
Better yet, let me remind you that I doubt you deny the existence of racist whites, and see them simply as a minority, when not do the same of these articles you have claimed to have read ???? Why give one that benefit, but not the other ?
Okay, I didn't quite understand what you typed, but I think you're trying to say that these points of view from Regressive Leftists (and the authors of the OP article) are not the majority points of view. I would hope that is the case, and I think in the broader nationwide sense the Trump election (of which I did not take part, incidentally), is in part a repudiation of them, but regressive thought grows deeper and broader every day, and is especially prevalent on college campuses. The social justice narrative has most definitely turned, and what the poster you originally quoted said, that you can be racist toward whites and that's okay, is certainly the way a lot of people feel (they just soften it by saying the very concept of being racist toward white people is inconceivable).

Old 12-29-2016, 09:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Hillary in that speech defined deplorables as the racist and bigots. I dont see a problem with that, why do you ?????
Way to twist it. That's not what she said, or what she meant. To refresh your memory (it's emblazoned already in mine) here's the quote:

Quote:
You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it.
She called HALF of Trump's supporters deplorable - she categorized half of them as being racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic - you name it.

You've got it backwards, but I don't blame you for trying to twist what she said - since what she said was, well, ironic to say the least. Deplorable, even.

And wow, did it ever backfire on her.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:55 PM

435 posts, read 430,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's a long article so let me summarize:

The driving force in American society is white racism. People want to think their country is great, so they forget how racist it has always been. They claim other factors were important in the development of the country when in truth it was all about racism. The same thing is happening now with Trump. Some people want to think, "Well, he's the president and America is my country so let's give him a chance." But they need to remember that he is evil, and was only elected because whites are racist.
Yeah, it was long and that's a pretty good summary. I think a common theme through the article is that whites are a bunch of racists but spin their actions so they aren't seen as racist.

To those who believe the CNN article is accurate and Trump won due to white racism, I just have one question:

In 2016, as a Trump voter exactly what racist policies did I vote to keep or implement? I was not aware I was voting to reinstate slavery or segregation or anything similar.

The reason I ask is that the article compares the election of 2016 to the Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement of the 50's/60's. Clearly the Civil War was fought over slavery - an undeniably racist policy. Civil Rights Movement was about segregation/Jim Crow, etc. Also undeniably racist policies. The authors of the article say that the white racists tried to change the fact that the above fights were about race - well, clearly those white racists failed. Then the authors compare the election of 2016 to the above.

I honestly think for many this election was about policy over personality b/c we had 2 crappy personalities to choose from.

What I saw was Donald Trump saying some dump guy things off camera (like grabbing some) or stupid things like calling out a POC supporter in the audience (not negatively, just bringing it up that he had some POC's in the audience which was awkward) or making fun of disabled people (not racist, but beyond mean), etc.

Meanwhile, you have HRC who let's her husband do what Trump's talking about, who jokes about colored people time, and who parades crying illegals during the DNC Convention (complete 180 from Trump, but way too far the other way IMO...), who takes big bucks from countries with horrible women's rights/gay rights, etc.

They both stunk so I went with policy. Apparently a racial policy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies