Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 08:38 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,110 times

Advertisements

it's good to be white, if only because it hurts SJW's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 09:04 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is what it has gotten CNN.

Americans care more about granite counter tops & stainless steel appliances, than the false controversies made up daily on CNN.

More Americans Watch HGTV than CNN or MSNBC | RedState
"I’d be willing to say that HGTV provides more useable (and reliable) news than the cable news networks combined. As an avid viewer, HGTV has taught me how to increase the value of my home, and the quality of my living space. The regular news never does anything that helpful."

Probably a lot of truth to that . Especially if someone is watching CNN or MSNBC .

Old 12-31-2016, 09:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Again, I never argued whether or not she got the percentage right.

I only said she defined it. So I didnt get anything backwards.

You can say she is wrong about the percentage, while admitting that those people she defined as deplorable are horrible people .
She categorized half of Trump supporters as being deplorable - fitting her stereotypical, racist, bigoted categories and opinions. THAT was deplorable.

No wonder she lost the election. She really had no clue about WHY people weren't responding to her message. She had lost touch with her constituents.

Her assumption that half the people who weren't voting for her were deplorable human beings - that surely they weren't voting for her because they were (fill in the blank with one deplorable adjective after another) - says a LOT about her mindset - and it's not pretty in there.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:30 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
She categorized half of Trump supporters as being deplorable - fitting her stereotypical, racist, bigoted categories and opinions. THAT was deplorable.

No wonder she lost the election. She really had no clue about WHY people weren't responding to her message. She had lost touch with her constituents.

Her assumption that half the people who weren't voting for her were deplorable human beings - that surely they weren't voting for her because they were (fill in the blank with one deplorable adjective after another) - says a LOT about her mindset - and it's not pretty in there.
Yes and she didn't truly apologize for it . The media of course didn't push her or criticize her much about the comments too because she was in cahoots with them .
Then she blamed Comey and Russian hackers for her loss . It's always someone else's fault .

Old 12-31-2016, 09:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Right. To be clear:

Hillary was not describing racists, xenophobics, etc - she wasn't giving the definition of those terms and calling such people deplorable.

She was defining half of Trump supporters as deplorable. There's a subtle, but very large difference between those two scenarios, and believe me, the woman doesn't say one word she hasn't thought through very well. She meant what she said.

What she didn't count on was the outrage of the people she miscalculated and misrepresented - she thought that surely they were too ignorant to "get it."

We got it.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:40 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Pretty much. Oh well, we're Racist and always will be
This.

I get it.

I've gotten used to being considered one simply by my voting patterns or where I live.

I'm over it.

You get over it.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:49 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
They really like pushing this anti white all whites are racist stuff don't they ?

It's ok to generalize all whites but not other groups nice

The headline on the homepage is the one in the title but then when you click on it it shows title below
How Trump's victory turns into another 'Lost Cause' - CNN.com

The writers of this article are both black too . Imagine two white writers writing an article critical of a minority group .
Recognize the game.

Promote "anti-racism" outside of Israel while simultaneously endorsing Zionism.

This isn't universal morality being preached. This is a political game for control. So called anti-racism is agitation for political and sociopolitical disenfranchisement. They wouldn't dare advocate the same politics for Israel.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:15 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
It just pushes more of the same lies of the left.

These articles lose all credibility with me when they continue to insist that Trump called "Mexican Immigrants rapist and criminals." He did not. He called out the illegal aliens that bring crime to this country including rape and drugs. All we can do is tune the nonsense out, put our heads down and go to work. Get this country pointed in the right direction and drag these ignorant people kicking and screaming along the way. Not that they will ever GIVE Trump any credit for all of the positive things may wind up doing. To people of those demographics Trump is a racist, if you voted or support Trump you are a racist and that is that. I am ok with that notion. Not because I'm a racist, but because I just don't care. I don't have to justify myself or my politics to anyone. God knows no one wanted to hear my disagreements with the Obama administration that past 8 years and not one liberal would engage me in a proactive reasonable conversation the past 8 years.

"When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.

Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people.

It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably— probably— from the Middle East. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast".
Donald Trump
June 16, 2015

Last edited by plannine; 12-31-2016 at 05:26 PM..

Old 12-31-2016, 05:23 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right. To be clear:

Hillary was not describing racists, xenophobics, etc - she wasn't giving the definition of those terms and calling such people deplorable.

She was defining half of Trump supporters as deplorable. There's a subtle, but very large difference between those two scenarios, and believe me, the woman doesn't say one word she hasn't thought through very well. She meant what she said.

What she didn't count on was the outrage of the people she miscalculated and misrepresented - she thought that surely they were too ignorant to "get it."

We got it.
After being at a couple of Trump events in Michigan, she was right. It's just the percentage she gave was way to small.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:31 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've worked all over the world (currently in Abu Dhabi) and people are racist the world over. I think we should continually try to address our racist behaviors (I mean everyone) and do better. But as OP points out, in current day America, you can be racist against whites and that's okay, you just can't be racist against blacks and Hispanics....they also need to address their racism and hated.
One example of how racists we are is to remember the Berkeley Bake Sale, whites pay the most the slackers get a free ride. Watch the news any night of the week and see what behaviors are making the news by shooting police, burning cities so don't think they will look in the mirror to address issues they have.

Also, when it is coming from anyone but a white they don't call it racism but a "non-white" bias, which hurts the hard working, talented students who actually earn their right to higher education and better jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies