Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 10:27 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,335,564 times

Advertisements

I really don't care what Russia doing over there, I don't plan on leaving my neighborhood for a while, so I don't see why it any of our business. As far as hacking , I see that as a good thing and it should've welcome, hoe can you invent a secure system if it's not tested from the outside best, hacking , profiling is good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 10:31 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,239,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It is amazing to see Republicans so madly in love with Vladimir Putin.
Madly in love seems a bit strong. If Russia is indeed responsible for hacking the DNC, then we should be grateful they revealed the DNC and Hillary to be lying, cheating criminals.

If it's true and there's some nefarious plot afoot (I know, too much Sherlock Holmes) like Trump being a sleeper agent, then it's the fault of the DNC and Hillary for being lying, cheating criminals.

Old 12-30-2016, 01:25 PM

11,906 posts, read 6,481,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, here is part of the OP post that started this entire discussion:

Putin on the other hand is gaining more respect and I doubt that Americans are supporting the actions that cause Russia to be seen as the power player in the world.

Read it yourself and see if it doesn't say Putin has more respect among Americans than Obama.
Huh??
I am asking to show us where one poster or even one republican says Russia is a utopia or that they are in love with Russia or in love with Putin -- which is the fake news you all keep repeating.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:58 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,966,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
With Obama's latest decisions it may very well be that Obama is losing his fan base so fast that he soon will be drifting at sea...

Putin on the other hand is gaining more respect and I doubt that Americans are supporting the actions that cause Russia to be seen as the power player in the world.

Remember when Obama told Russia that in his 3nd term he could do way more...is this what Obama had in mind?
He's acting like an adult at least. But then again he's a man of the world, not a man of academic lounges and coffee houses.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:45 PM

26,829 posts, read 15,058,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Sounds like Hitler and Mussolini.

Hitler and Mussolini

Based on what?

Old 12-30-2016, 03:50 PM

8,795 posts, read 4,448,919 times
Putin for POTUS in 2024! You heard it here first. (Look, if we can elect a Kenyan Muslim twice, certainly we can elect a good Russian once.)

Old 12-30-2016, 03:54 PM

Libs here trying hard to create a false reality.

They lost and they continue to be losers trying to put words and project state of mind upon others.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:15 PM

2,681 posts, read 2,164,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Huh??
I am asking to show us where one poster or even one republican says Russia is a utopia or that they are in love with Russia or in love with Putin -- which is the fake news you all keep repeating.
Putin has become the left's straw man. They think that they are making Trump and Republicans look bad by droning on about how terrible Putin is and "how can Trump and Reps like him so much?" This strategy goes at least as far back as when the DNC strategists were caught trying to disseminate the idea that Trump and Putin had a "bromance."

Of course, like much of the fake news put out by the MSM -- excuse me, that's "merely slanted" news -- nobody believes that Trump and Republicans are in love with Putin. Not even the people who are making the story up in the first place. Nobody else in America is buying it, any more than we have bought all the other desperate propaganda put out by the left and their discredited media sources in recent months.

Dems should really drop all the BS and start thinking about who they are going to run in 2020 and what new ideas their candidate is going to run on. If they keep up the same old, same old, they are going to lose again. Dems have to come up with a reason why they are a better choice for Americans, which is definitely not the current impression held by the "deplorables" in all those "flyover states" (the terms alone speak volumes) that elected Trump (i.e., the people who actually work for a living).

I suggest that Dems start by thinking about why they are so out of touch, and what is the nature of the arrogance that leads them to think that the world must necessarily revolve around their elitist worldview.

Last edited by CapnTrips; 12-30-2016 at 04:24 PM..

Old 12-30-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Putin has become the left's straw man. They think that they are making Trump and Republicans look bad by droning on about how terrible Putin is and "how can Trump and Reps like him so much?" This strategy goes at least as far back as when the DNC strategists were caught trying to disseminate the idea that Trump and Putin had a "bromance."

Of course, like much of the fake news put out by the MSM -- excuse me, that's "merely slanted" news -- nobody believes that Trump and Republicans are in love with Putin. Not even the people who are making the story up in the first place. Nobody else in America is buying it, any more than we have bought all the other desperate propaganda put out by the left and their discredited media sources in recent months.

Dems should really drop all the BS and start thinking about who they are going to run in 2020 and what new ideas their candidate is going to run on. If they keep up the same old, same old, they are going to lose again. Dems have to come up with a reason why they are a better choice for Americans, which is definitely not the current impression held by the "deplorables" in all those "flyover states" (the terms alone speak volumes) that elected Trump (i.e., the people who actually work for a living).

I suggest that Dems start by thinking about why they are so out of touch, and what is the nature of the arrogance that leads them to think that the world must necessarily revolve around their elitist worldview.

This exactly and you are correct, we (Americans) are not buying it for a moment.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:05 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,857,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Didn't you also tell us that Hillary Clinton was going to win the election too?
Is there some reason you keep repeating your childish question, is it that you have to remind yourself that you won the election, or is there some other issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies