Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 10:34 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I read this... posted my response on my on and off blog.

Before I begin discussing this… this is not a political opinion. I am looking at our behavior and how we respond to circumstances.

So where do we go with this? She resigns because Trump’s morality is too heavy for her to bear.

Let me say that the only difference between Trump and you or me, is that he ran for president and had his dirty laundry aired out for all to see. If all of our lives were laid bare for all to see, nobody would do anything for anybody – based on the response from the woman in the church. Trump just talked. Many people root for sports teams with people that have committed actual crimes to others. Many people support politicians who have committed crimes, or cheated on their taxes.

Let’s bring another aspect to the table. She is a member of a church choir. So I assume she is a church member. She indicated that she prayed about it to God. What I see is a missed opportunity for a testimony. Because if there is anyone fit to turn His back on sinful people, it’s God. Yet He sent His Son to die for people who continually offend Him through sinful behavior.

Why not take this approach?
I am appalled at the morality that Trump displayed, but just as God forgave me for the things I did, He can forgive Trump for the things he said as well. So while I do not support what Trump said, I will sing to glorify God with the hope that Mr. Trump or anyone else will come to a relationship with God through faith in His Son.
Oh stop insulting us with this crap! Most of us do and did not live our lives like Trump. We paid our bills, honored our word, stayed faithful to our wives and never lusted for our daughters. My personal Vietnam was spent in a uniform dodging bullets not a bedroom dodging STDs. Trump is a pig. Anyone who stands for what she believes and refuses to sing or dance or honor him in any way is a hero in my book.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:36 AM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Keep trying to rationalize ,pretty sure it will not help you sleep any better.
He wasn't rationalizing he was asking people to support their assertion that Trump = Hitler.

Frankly, you're proving his point that it's an irrational assertion being made by butt-hurt people after the election.

It also makes the accusers look extremely uneducated as they apparently know nothing about Hitler other than he had a funny moustache and did bad things to lots of people somewhere in like Europe or something.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:38 AM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Oh stop insulting us with this crap! Most of us do and did not live our lives like Trump. We paid our bills, honored our word, stayed faithful to our wives and never lusted for our daughters. My personal Vietnam was spent in a uniform dodging bullets not a bedroom dodging STDs. Trump is a pig. Anyone who stands for what she believes and refuses to sing or dance or honor him in any way is a hero in my book.
Did Trump turn you into a newt?

He does probably weigh more than a duck....

Old 12-30-2016, 10:41 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
He wasn't rationalizing he was asking people to support their assertion that Trump = Hitler.

Frankly, you're proving his point that it's an irrational assertion being made by butt-hurt people after the election.

It also makes the accusers look extremely uneducated as they apparently know nothing about Hitler other than he had a funny moustache and did bad things to lots of people somewhere in like Europe or something.
No he wasn't but you are entitled to an opinion.Frankly you're the one proving the anti Trump point and very well too.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:41 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinFam5 View Post
That explains everything.
I understand this can be a difficult concept to grasp. So I'll go over it in more detail.

Like in many states, the margin was thin in Wisconsin. Not only thin, but people are still uneasy about why only the counties where the vote could not be recounted went to Trump.

Now put on your thinking cap. You think folks are going to forget about that when those young Mormon/Trump missionaries knock at the door?

Across the country, Trump didn't get even get 50% of vote. Do I need to post a link or are we good to go here?

So nationally about half the people are not going to be receptive to missionaries from a church associated with Trump.

Which is why I stated that I think those missionaries might breathe a sigh of relief if the LDS church decided to stay out of politics.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 12-30-2016 at 10:51 AM..

Old 12-30-2016, 10:42 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

Well said.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:48 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Don't be such a butthurt snowflake! Can't you take a joke?

He could not detect one.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:48 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No he wasn't but you are entitled to an opinion.Frankly you're the one proving the anti Trump point and very well too.
My favorite pro-Trump posts are those that misspell names. Apparently, they are under the impression this is a sign of wit.

Despite all the misspellings, the "butt hurt," "crybaby" .... name calling, there are a lot of folks who do not want to have their name associated with Trump's.

Just read where instead of 10 inaugural balls as there were last time around, there will only be 3.

You got to wonder if 3 balls will be able to accommodate all the A list people that Trump claims are trying to get tickets.

Backing away from Trump isn't just a liberal, lefty thing. There aren't enough of us.

Mormons would be smart to wake up and smell the coffee, even if aren't allowed to drink it.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:51 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,344,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
As his supporters keep saying, he hasn't even taken office yet. Give him a chance!
I'm not a particular supporter of his, but I also say this.

He hasn't done anything-good or bad-as the President yet. He won the election. Let him govern. There are checks and balances in our system IF he fails; if does not fail and does well, people who dislike him will eat crow.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:52 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
He could not detect one.
So, the choir member refusing to perform at the inauguration was making a joke when comparing Trump to Hitler?

Can you explain the joke to me? Was it the context or was it based on irony?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies