Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 06:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
When I asked this:

You answered:

& did not respond to this:
I had no need to. I had just finished condemning the banks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 06:51 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I disagree. Sanders wouldn't. Paul wouldn't. Oddly we dismiss them as kooks. Funny that.
I'd like to agree with you because I am a huge Ron Paul fan. But I find it hard to believe those guys wouldn't pick Wall Streeters. By the way, working on Wall Street doesn't make someone inherently evil.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:58 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
I had no need to. I had just finished condemning the banks.
& apparently have no words re: the ideology 'condemning' common sense regulation.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
I'd like to agree with you because I am a huge Ron Paul fan. But I find it hard to believe those guys wouldn't pick Wall Streeters. By the way, working on Wall Street doesn't make someone inherently evil.
Ron Paul was one of the few calling for prosecutions. No way he is going to appoint those he knew should be in prison.

While true or not, I am not going to waste my time defending anything Wall Street does.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
& apparently have no words re: the ideology 'condemning' common sense regulation.
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Whatever it is, you are wrong.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Whatever it is, you are wrong.
Glad you're being so flexible "whatever it is, I'm wrong."

I apologize if I'm not being clear enough. IF the focus is on troubleshooting or resolving or solving problems using a critical thinking framework, typically this will entail asking & answering questions related to the problem(s), after the problem has been identified. It's a process & no one thing takes the place of the process. Defining the circumstances surrounding the problem, & identifying root or underlying causes is also part of the process. Determining practical or pragmatic courses of action to take, also part of the process. Going back to determine whether those courses of action taken were effective, also part of the process. Admitting mistakes or courses of action that had unintended consequences, also part of process. Sometimes, it's 'back to the old drawing board' to begin the process all over again.

Here, Mr. Greenspan conceded by claiming to find a flaw in the ideological thinking that led many to believe that markets are self-correcting & require little or no regulation.

Quote:
...“You had the authority to prevent irresponsible lending practices that led to the subprime mortgage crisis. You were advised to do so by many others,” said Representative Henry A. Waxman of California, chairman of the committee. “Do you feel that your ideology pushed you to make decisions that you wish you had not made?”

Mr. Greenspan conceded: “Yes, I’ve found a flaw. I don’t know how significant or permanent it is. But I’ve been very distressed by that fact.” ...
Greenspan Concedes Error on Regulation - The New York Times

All I'm saying is if financial crises are identified as being the 'problem', or at the least, considered to be problematic, we need to go back to the drawing board to troubleshoot or resolve or solve.

& if the problem is not these type of events, what IS the problem? (1st step is to identify the problem)

Old 01-02-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Glad you're being so flexible "whatever it is, I'm wrong."

I apologize if I'm not being clear enough. IF the focus is on troubleshooting or resolving or solving problems using a critical thinking framework, typically this will entail asking & answering questions related to the problem(s), after the problem has been identified. It's a process & no one thing takes the place of the process. Defining the circumstances surrounding the problem, & identifying root or underlying causes is also part of the process. Determining practical or pragmatic courses of action to take, also part of the process. Going back to determine whether those courses of action taken were effective, also part of the process. Admitting mistakes or courses of action that had unintended consequences, also part of process. Sometimes, it's 'back to the old drawing board' to begin the process all over again.

Here, Mr. Greenspan conceded by claiming to find a flaw in the ideological thinking that led many to believe that markets are self-correcting & require little or no regulation.
We know the problem.

Quote:
Greenspan Concedes Error on Regulation - The New York Times

All I'm saying is if financial crises are identified as being the 'problem', or at the least, considered to be problematic, we need to go back to the drawing board to troubleshoot or resolve or solve.

& if the problem is not these type of events, what IS the problem? (1st step is to identify the problem)
We've done it in the past. We did it with Enron and passed Sarbanes Oxley. Those in charge of enforcing Sarbanes Oxley have refused to do so. You are trying to say in more plain words......let's move on and not place blame. Bull. Blame needs placed.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
We know the problem.
You know the problem, if 'we' (meaning ALL of us) agreed upon what the problems are, none of us would be here in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp
We've done it in the past. We did it with Enron and passed Sarbanes Oxley. Those in charge of enforcing Sarbanes Oxley have refused to do so. You are trying to say in more plain words......let's move on and not place blame. Bull. Blame needs placed.
I think you've misunderstood what I'm saying, apparently I'm not making my thoughtviews clear enough.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
You know the problem, if 'we' (meaning ALL of us) agreed upon what the problems are, none of us would be here in this thread.
All of us know the problem. Many are willing to allow their politics or bank account to stop them from demanding that the actions they know need taken are taken.

Quote:
I think you've misunderstood what I'm saying, apparently I'm not making my thoughtviews clear enough.
Yes you are.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
All of us know the problem. Many are willing to allow their politics or bank account to stop them from demanding that the actions they know need taken are taken.
You claim to be speaking for ALL American people? Or, even ALL folks in this particular thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp
Yes you are.
For now, I'll make one more statement re:

Deregulation was bound to produce widespread fraud, "All of us" did not appear to recognize this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies