Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 09:13 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,736,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Nope, more fake news from the corporate media propoganda machine.
Forced to retract, but nobody reports that as loudly do they....?

Washington Post Forced to Retract Fake Story that Russia Hacked US Power Grid | The Daily Sheeple
This was mentioned yesterday WAY BACK on page 3 or 4... it didn't have the effect reality should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 09:19 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Nope, more fake news from the corporate media propoganda machine.
Forced to retract, but nobody reports that as loudly do they....?
Malware commonly used by Russians was discovered at a VT power company lap top.

Feel free to believe or deny anything you want. A good trumpista will call everything fake news. It's cool. Noone will force you to believe anything you'd rather deny.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Malware commonly used by Russians was discovered at a VT power company lap top.

Feel free to believe or deny anything you want. A good trumpista will call everything fake news. It's cool. Noone will force you to believe anything you'd rather deny.
I'll grant you one thing: it's not fake news.

I'm not a Trump supporter.

THE HEADLINE AND INTENT OF THE ARTICLE UNTIL THE EDITORS NOTE, still weak sauce, was HYPERBOLIC BS.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:29 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I'll grant you one thing: it's not fake news.
Right, but as you can see people pretend everything about the story is "fake news". This is a new trend among the trumpistas. Deny everything even remotely inconvenient about Russia.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-02-2017 at 09:38 AM..

Old 01-02-2017, 09:34 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I never claimed otherwise. That doesn't excuse the computer with a virus being there at all.
Where I work we have the same rules regarding internet use as your employer does. If we bring a personal laptop to work, we aren't allowed to even connect to the internet with it. The lap top must be checked in and verified by security. Corporate espionage is a huge threat.
So in this case an individual's computer had a virus and was hacked. I could be wrong, but isn't that why there is so many Anti-virus soft-ware options out there? People get hacked.
I can't help but wonder. Given the Obama admin's history of generating crisis to distract away from their own drama. The Russians hacked Hillary, not they hacked a power company. Pretty convenient timing.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:25 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
WaPo has now officially retracted the story. It was fake. What say you about that?

[URL="http://nypost.com/2017/01/01/washington-post-retracts-story-about-russian-hack-at-vermont-utility/"]Washington Post retracts story about Russian hack at Vermont utility | New York Post[/URL]
They did not deny what was reported. Read the article you posted. It goes on to say that the Washington Post had originally reported that the laptop was attached to the grid. Newspapers retract statements all the time. I can't count the number of times I've turned on the news, even local news, and heard "We reported last night that..." Still, the fact that this malware was found shouldn't be taken lightly.

I can't begin to list the totally fabricated stories put out by the right. It's really ironic (and very sad) that for several years we read stories about Obama's so-called fake birth certificate that were never corrected or retracted, but now the same people who spread those lies are complaining because a newspaper corrected one story. Trump made one announcement and suddenly 8 years of spreading a false story is gone..."poof!" No apologies, no explanations.

There's a huge difference between totally fabricating a story, i.e., Hillary is running a child sex slave operation, and getting some facts incorrect and then retracting a statement.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Right, but as you can see people pretend everything about the story is "fake news". This is a new trend among the trumpistas. Deny everything even remotely inconvenient about Russia.
Just as anti-trumpests immediately jump on a headline and blow the entire thing out of proportion.

As we say in our circle: sweep off our side of the street. Nothing can be accomplished until we do so.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:22 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.b3809d6941a8

A code associated with the Russian hacking operation dubbed Grizzly Steppe by the Obama administration has been detected within the system of a Vermont utility, according to U.S. officials.

Fake news.

Truth: a laptop was found with malware on it. BFD.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:40 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,602 times
Quote:
it means what it says says, nothing more, nothing less.
Which makes it useless then.

So, we now see the WP is posting "fake news" and progressives are AGAIN lying about the issue.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:41 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
That kid with the lap top can steal all your debit cards entries at the check out- and wala you are broke- the corporation is hacked in a backwards motion though the credit card systems connections- and is hacked. If they want to damage the target system - the kids with the lap top can maybe only do one store but why?? Do the entire system. What is the purpose? Money or destruction?
Where you folks at?
Not all employees are so nice or not bought $$ or simply plants at the higher level- Yea rem 91-11 they were in our flight schools. Dang folks, even gang bangers, send their boy to the military to obtain info... and weapon knowledge etc.
So you have basically established for us that you have absolutely no understanding of this issue or the technical world.

Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies