Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where Are You Politically?
Far Left 2 1.55%
Moderate Left 15 11.63%
Center Left 18 13.95%
Center 10 7.75%
Center Right 16 12.40%
Moderate Right 39 30.23%
Far Right 11 8.53%
Other 18 13.95%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 05:40 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

I'm a moderate leftist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 05:43 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Is there a difference between Moderate left or right and Center left or right? Also people see themselves often times as something they are not. For example, in a poll, most people even in CA consider themselves to be conservative but their voting record says otherwise. Also, many people that are far left or far right consider themselves moderate.
Self perception is everything and in no way reflects reality.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:45 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Is there a difference between Moderate left or right and Center left or right? Also people see themselves often times as something they are not. For example, in a poll, most people even in CA consider themselves to be conservative but their voting record says otherwise. Also, many people that are far left or far right consider themselves moderate.
Self perception is everything and in no way reflects reality.
That's why this poll is based on self perception.

And to answer your first question: center left/right is more centrist than moderate left/right in this poll.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:55 AM

638 posts, read 310,144 times
What do those terms mean anymore? I honestly don't fit into any of them.

Given the insanity of the last 8 years, for now, I'm socially conservative. But is it conservative? I'd just like the majority of the nation to stop behaving like wackos. Not allowing a guy in a dress to share a bathroom with a little girl is not really conservative to me. That's just sane and rational. No, I'm not interested in debating this point, so save it.

Am I fiscally conservative because I'd like to stop watching the government BURN my tax money? No, not really. I don't mind a little spending here and there on social programs with a valid point. What I mind is FOUR BILLION DOLLARS on ONE f***in' airplane, and everything else like it. Is that conservative? Well no, not really. Not to me. That's just sane.

Do I care about the abortion issue? No. I don't support your right to kill your kid, and I don't support your right to tell people what to do what their own bodies.

I'd like to see us have borders. I'd like to see criminals prosecuted. I'd like to see terrorists killed.

I want to stop all aid to foreign countries. What the hell is the use of having the strongest military in the world if you're going to pay "protection money" to all these other nations that hate us? I have a better policy, and that is "No, we're no longer going to give you so much as the sweat off our b***s. Fend for yourselves!".

What do I care about the most? The MONEY! I'd like to see an overall set of policies that work for AMERICANS. I'd like to see us crush China, and India, and the Philippines. I'm not a "global citizen". I don't believe in the "global economy". I believe in winning, and losing. Right now? WE'RE LOSING, and LOSING BIG LEAGUE! When Americans have financial resources, they can do anything. When that supply is inhibited, you're inhibiting America.

I guess that makes me a "patriot". Because I just don't give a damn about other countries, refugees, or immigrants. I've watched that nonsense my whole life, and I'm tired of it. I do not exist to serve the world. If that's what you want, then hop a plane and go serve it. Because that type of nonsense has put us in a position where we're one or two catastrophes away from needing the world to serve us, and MAKE NO MISTAKE, THEY WON'T.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:57 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
That's why this poll is based on self perception.

And to answer your first question: center left/right is more centrist than moderate left/right in this poll.
Understood, then I find myself somewhere between moderate right and far right, but it depends on what the issue is.
There are one or two issues in which I could be labeled left (universal healthcare) but most people would call me far right.
Immigration and most other issues, I'm far right but not religious right.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:39 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Well, libertarian is a party/political philosophy. You can be a left or right leaning libertarian. Same reason I didn't post Democrat/Republican etc.
No, you can't be a left libertarian. Some liberals call themselves that.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:46 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
I retook the political compass test and these were the results:

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69
Attached Thumbnails
Where Are You Politically?-chart.png  

Old 01-01-2017, 06:50 AM

26,462 posts, read 15,053,236 times
I am not sure what to pick. On some issues I am more liberal - I want a national healthcare system like France's, want more park land, etc...

But I am more moderate conservative leaning on other issues like budget, unions, PC, etc

Old 01-01-2017, 06:50 AM

638 posts, read 310,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, you can't be a left libertarian. Some liberals call themselves that.
Most libertarians I've met say they're fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I've found that to be pretty accurate in general.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:52 AM

35,669 posts, read 21,030,020 times
you did not put in communist on the poll-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies