Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 05:15 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
My personal physician is a Muslim, so I have nothing against Islam. I do, however, have concerns over radical Islamists who want to kill me, but that's just common sense.
LOL, I misread "I do, however, have concerns over medical Islamists who want to kill me"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 08:33 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Do you believe sharia law should be the law of the land?

By the way, in your examples your belief justifies lying. This is wrong, no matter how it is justified.
So by your maxim, lieing to your wife when shes asks, "Do I look fat?" or "How is my cooking?" is morally wrong and reprehensible? As well, when a gun is to your head lieing is wrong? Are you a Kantian theorist?

I believe Shari'a law should be applied to Muslims only. This includes obeying the laws of the land in non-Muslim countries as long as we are not required to perform a sin via the law:

"Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “It is necessary upon a Muslim to listen to and obey the ruler, as long as one is not ordered to carry out a sin. If he is commanded to commit a sin, then there is no adherence and obedience.” (Bukhari, 2796)

Old 01-04-2017, 09:09 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
So by your maxim, lieing to your wife when shes asks, "Do I look fat?" or "How is my cooking?" is morally wrong and reprehensible? As well, when a gun is to your head lieing is wrong? Are you a Kantian theorist?
Lying is wrong. Period. No amount of rationalization makes it ok. It is wrong regardless if it is nice, benefits someone, etc..

You do realize that in Christianity, a lie is a sin and never acceptable?

Quote:
I believe Shari'a law should be applied to Muslims only. This includes obeying the laws of the land in non-Muslim countries as long as we are not required to perform a sin via the law:

"Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “It is necessary upon a Muslim to listen to and obey the ruler, as long as one is not ordered to carry out a sin. If he is commanded to commit a sin, then there is no adherence and obedience.” (Bukhari, 2796)

Sharia law is incompatible with the US and can not legally be implemented here.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Lying is wrong. Period. No amount of rationalization makes it ok. It is wrong regardless if it is nice, benefits someone, etc..

You do realize that in Christianity, a lie is a sin and never acceptable?

Sharia law is incompatible with the US and can not legally be implemented here.
You didn't answer the question. Is lieing when a gun is to your head, immoral?

Further what branch of Christianity do you follow that posits your claim? Martin Luther stated, "A good hearty lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian Church, a lie in case of necessity, a useful lie, would not be against God."

Therefore do not claim that "Christianity" holds the notion that lying when a gun is to your head, is wrong.

Your latter statement is non-sensical. I am fully complying with Shari'a law living here, nothing bars me from doing so.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
You didn't answer the question. Is lieing when a gun is to your head, immoral?
I did answer the question, I stated lying is wrong. Period. This covers all things.

Quote:
Further what branch of Christianity do you follow that posits your claim? Martin Luther stated, "A good hearty lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian Church, a lie in case of necessity, a useful lie, would not be against God."
why are you quoting a man and not the Word of God? The Bible does not support Luther's statement at all and I find it a bit dishonest you would do such. Is this another one of those things where deceit is acceptable practice or are you just ignorant of the Bible?

Quote:
Therefore do not claim that "Christianity" holds the notion that lying when a gun is to your head, is wrong.
You quoted a man, you did not quote the word of God.

Here, let me quote you the Bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbs 12:22
Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psalm 101:7
No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossians 3:9-10
Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbs 12:19
Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
And I can go on and on as it is a theme throughout the bible.

So, apparently Islam says lying is ok, under certain conditions that advance islam, protect the person, and among the many little small lies you say are acceptable. Seems like Islam is ok with a lot of lying.
I find it odd that a belief that promotes self sacrifice to harm others some how lacks the courage to proclaim their faith in the face of their enemy?

Quote:
Your latter statement is non-sensical. I am fully complying with Shari'a law living here, nothing bars me from doing so.
What of the punishment that Sharia'a law calls for?

If a Muslim becomes a non-Muslim, the penalty is death is it not? How is this applied in the US?

How about a Muslim women marrying a non-muslim, again... the penalty is death?

You say you practice Sharia law, so you beat your wife? Or do you not because the laws here, but you would like to right? Being that is the law correct?

So, a women is raped, you forbid her from testifying correct?

Your women are not allowed to drive correct? This is the law.

There are many aspects of Sharia law that is not simply a means of "following", but a means of how you deal with violators.

As I said, it is incompatible with the US.

I am not going to continue to argue with you though. I know the truth of Islam, so don't bother.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I did answer the question, I stated lying is wrong. Period. This covers all things.
Lying when a gun is to your head is morally wrong. If you want to stand by that, fine. I thank God that I have a stance on morality that would not hold me accountable for such a situation as doing so would be a great injustice.

What of the punishment that Sharia'a law calls for? Irrelevant, we do not live in an Islamic State, therefore I abide by the laws of the ruler.

If a Muslim becomes a non-Muslim, the penalty is death is it not? How is this applied in the US? Irrelevant, I abide by the law of the land and that is being in compliance with Shari'a. I as an individual have no power to administer hadd (criminal) punishments on others.

How about a Muslim women marrying a non-muslim, again... the penalty is death? See above.

You say you practice Sharia law, so you beat your wife? Or do you not because the laws here, but you would like to right? Being that is the law correct? Beating of your wife is not allowed in Islam...the verse you are referring to mistranslates an Arabic word which does not imply beating or imposing physical harm. We have numerous hadeeth of the Prophet (saw) that the best amongst you are those whom are best to their wives.

So, a women is raped, you forbid her from testifying correct? No.

Your women are not allowed to drive correct? This is the law. That is a Saudi cultural law, not an Islamic one. As a Muslim in America, we abide by the laws of the land here...my wife and mom both drive.

There are many aspects of Sharia law that is not simply a means of "following", but a means of how you deal with violators. See above. We have no right or ability to administer Shari'a on others as individuals, even in an Islamic state this takes a Shari'a court, judges, etc... Taking the law in to one's own hand is not only a sin, but stupid.

As I said, it is incompatible with the US. That's the answer you *want* but unfortunately it is not the truth.
It is very-very clear that you do not have an understanding of even the basics of my religion. I suggest you humble yourself as is your Christian duty and seek to understand before making claims and embarrassing yourself further on the topic.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:03 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. In-between View Post
mmmm... Say what? That's an awful lotta syllables for only two sentences.
lol

Old 01-04-2017, 11:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Do You Feel At All Threatened By The Worldwide Rise Of Islam?

Nope.

I'm not the excitable type.

I'm more likely to be bitten by a shark as it gets struck by lightning than I am to be involved in a terrorist attack.

YMMV

Old 01-04-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
It is very-very clear that you do not have an understanding of even the basics of my religion. I suggest you humble yourself as is your Christian duty and seek to understand before making claims and embarrassing yourself further on the topic.
I know your belief condones lying. I would say that is enough for me.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I know your belief condones lying. I would say that is enough for me.
My belief forbids lying, with very few exceptions. The evidence is clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies