Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 11:19 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
They did. She won the most votes remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
She won the most votes "in the world"? Uh, no. She didn't even win the most votes in the country. 75% of the country did not vote for her. Just sayin'.
Not sure where you pulled "in the world" out of, but she most certainly did win the most votes in the U.S. As I recall, she received close to 3 million more votes than Trump.

You need to track down more accurate sources of information.

Just saying'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 11:58 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not sure where you pulled "in the world" out of, but she most certainly did win the most votes in the U.S. As I recall, she received close to 3 million more votes than Trump.

Just saying'.
No she didn't, not the votes that counted. If Hillary Clinton was running to win the popular vote that's her problem, she lost the electoral college which is what matters.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:10 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,709,862 times
Can anyone explain why states issue DL to illegals? I guess it's the mentality "there are already here, so we might as well let them drive legally with insurance". Also, I bet they allow it because they make $$$.

This is just my opinion, but I think anyone caught trying to obtain a DL who is not here legally should be arrested on the spot.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:12 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Just saying'.
Exactly.

Donald Trump was soundly rejected by voters and his positions are dangerous and anti-thetical to American values.

Which is why I applaud our state for taking such a forceful stand against his rhetoric.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:44 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
They did. She won the most votes remember?

This is different btw. The vast majority of Californians support amnesty and/or a path to legal status, we support that quite vociferously and make no apologies for it.

I dont think Donald Trump fully realizes that his attempts to fulfill that campaign promise will be thwarted by California.
Trump proved that there is a fairly easy path to victory while completely ignoring the sea of idiots in California.

And if Trump wants illegal immigrants out of California, he will get them out. This is not a State issue, these are Federal Fugitives. If you want Federal Troops in your State, then by all means try to thwart his efforts.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:48 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Trump proved that there is a fairly easy path to victory while completely ignoring the sea of idiots in California.
Yes, go after mindless morons in the rust belt/ appalachia instead.

Quote:
And if Trump wants illegal immigrants out of California, he will get them out.
He can certainly try.

But he will fail. Miserably.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:06 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
He can certainly try.

But he will fail. Miserably.
That's exactly what you said about him running for President, you were wrong about that just like the rest of the pathetic crap you've been trolling with here over the last couple days.

We know you're getting desperate and it's quite enjoyable.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:13 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No she didn't, not the votes that counted. If Hillary Clinton was running to win the popular vote that's her problem, she lost the electoral college which is what matters.
This is accurate. Your earlier statements were not.

Clinton was not running to win the popular vote. She was running to win. She did not win the EC, as you and others point out constantly.

The hard work of governing will soon begin in earnest. Trump will face some challenges. He will be making some difficult, and likely unpopular decisions.

Let's touch base in a year and see how things turn out, shall we?

Old 01-04-2017, 01:21 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Exactly.

Donald Trump was soundly rejected by voters and his positions are dangerous and anti-thetical to American values.

Which is why I applaud our state for taking such a forceful stand against his rhetoric.
If he was "soundly rejected," how did he win? (Yes, he did win the election.)

Old 01-04-2017, 01:43 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
States rights!

California has the right to do what it wants. The long reach of the federal government should not interfere.
That plainly isn't what the constitution says.

Man the absolute need for a civics class on this forum is desperately needed.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies