Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 12:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Don't be fooled and brainwashed by the media, there is nothing wrong with the Democratic party. Whenever you win the General Election by 3 million VOTES, you are a STRONG and VIABLE party!
NY, Illinois and California is only going to get you a set number of seats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 12:53 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,794,371 times
Quote:
Don't be fooled and brainwashed by the media, there is nothing wrong with the Democratic party. Whenever you win the General Election by 3 million VOTES, you are a STRONG and VIABLE party!
3 million votes... you can use it, control it, and play with it... it won't help when Trump creates the policices that will end you... The Democratic Party survives by keeping the status quo which creates more victims for the Democratic Party... the status quo is ending... you are ending,,, the Democratic Party is ending... I am smart enough to know which brick to knock down... Trump has a dozen people like me... you are done for...

Old 01-02-2017, 12:55 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times
Quote:
Wow, no matter how the media spins it, Democrats have become a localized party. Elitism and progressivism has been rejected. Maybe you should wake up to that fact.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:09 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,701,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Once Soros dies, there are no significant funds for the Democratic Party...
He has kids, I'm afraid.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:24 PM

11,920 posts, read 6,513,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
You don't think the universities have become more liberal/leftist/indoctrinating over the year? I graduated in 2000 and don't recall the safe space/trigger warning/micro-aggression stuff. I wasn't politically active at the time, but most of the student body was Democratic-leaning. My sense is that things weren't as authoritarian/anti-free speech as they are now.
Nor were they as anti-white, anti-Christian, anti-western civilization, and blame America first as they are now.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:40 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times
Quote:

Thanks for posting.

It's an excellent example of the OP.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:24 PM

18,756 posts, read 18,035,386 times
Quote:
And how could we be brainwashed by the media? We are not listening to the media or, I should say, we don't believe the media.

I do not want to talk for WaldoKitty. But we were both Democrats and, on our own and in our own time, we saw what was happening with the Party. Pay for Play isn't my cup of tea. Me and my wife are not fans of traditional Republicans. Heck; I am an atheist and do worry about a government that is too religious. But I used to travel 100,000 miles each year as a commercial truck driver. I have seen what these trade deals, the outsourcing, the legal and illegal immigration, have done to our Nation. This isn't a complaint simply against the Democrats; many Republicans are just as guilty.

Hillary spent over $1.2 billion trying to get elected. Of course that kind of money bought votes. Does that mean the Party is STRONG and VIABLE; I don't think so. I would say that it was a very bad investment!

In this election Trump was the only way to break the chains of the establishment. So far it looks like he will start on the right path.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,441,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
3 million votes... you can use it, control it, and play with it... it won't help when Trump creates the policices that will end you... The Democratic Party survives by keeping the status quo which creates more victims for the Democratic Party... the status quo is ending... you are ending,,, the Democratic Party is ending... I am smart enough to know which brick to knock down... Trump has a dozen people like me... you are done for...
What policies will his elitist, establishment, globalist cabinet enact do you think?

Old 01-02-2017, 02:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What policies will his elitist, establishment, globalist cabinet enact do you think?
Unfortunately probably the same ones that Hillary's would have.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:40 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,441,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Assuming you even grasped that the Trump election was not a purely rural phenomenon; that much of the urban rust belt tilted the scales - just what is wrong with jobs going back to rural America? Skip your usual snark, deal with the question, if you can.
There is a reason large companies have not relocated to appalachia.

Next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies