Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 09:58 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times

Advertisements

An opinion piece from The Week - "Eight years later, as Obama prepares to depart the White House, he leaves the nation in a cloud of disappointment, recrimination, and even paranoia. None of the wars Obama inherited are truly over, and he has started or joined America to several more. If anything, the sense of America's decline is even more palpable than before." The pathetic end of the Obama era

Yup. Not in my lifetime, and that includes Nixon and Carter, has there been such a clunker of an administration. Carter had the grace not to try to sabotage the incoming Reagan administration unlike this petulant and churlish president. I'm going to be so happy to see this loser out of the Oval Office once and for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 10:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
An opinion piece from The Week - "Eight years later, as Obama prepares to depart the White House, he leaves the nation in a cloud of disappointment, recrimination, and even paranoia. None of the wars Obama inherited are truly over, and he has started or joined America to several more. If anything, the sense of America's decline is even more palpable than before." The pathetic end of the Obama era

Yup. Not in my lifetime, and that includes Nixon and Carter, has there been such a clunker of an administration. Carter had the grace not to try to sabotage the incoming Reagan administration unlike this petulant and churlish president. I'm going to be so happy to see this loser out of the Oval Office once and for all.
Yup, he is on his way out, then we can all focus on the new wonder boy, me thinks the cycle is far from over, more wars, trade and armed, cuts to social programs, cuts to SS and Medicare, more big business cronyism, loss of environmental and business regulations, Drilling in our National Parks, muzzling the press and opposition, oh it is going to be so much better, if we survive.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:05 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

Yawn.

Obama was an average president who steadied the ship amidst arguably the worst economic crisis in modern history. I think 2007/2008 proved who has skills for the new economy and who doesn't. It seemed like the rust belt and coal country decided they didn't need to change, that the world should change for them. So much entitlement and finger pointing among Republicans and Democrats, just shut up and improve yourself so you can improve your situation.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:11 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Worst president ever. Obama makes the worst decisions based on saving face politically. Benghazi an example. A coward and afraid of losing face but does it so often because of his incompetence. Obama a big sore loser as well.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:12 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Not in my lifetime have I seen a president-elect jump in weeks ahead of his inauguration and start mucking around in foreign policy (China, Israel, North Korea...), calling the CIA/FBI a bunch of liars, telling the current president what he can and can't do.

What a bunch of nonsense.

I realize the inauguration is looking like it will be a humiliating experience what with the lack of performers and all. (That young woman who has agreed to sing the national anthem is getting terrible career advice.)

But Trump does have to have the oath of office administered before he is actually POTUS.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:16 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not in my lifetime have I seen a president-elect jump in weeks ahead of his inauguration and start mucking around in foreign policy (China, Israel, North Korea...), calling the CIA/FBI a bunch of liars, telling the current president what he can and can't do.

What a bunch of nonsense.

I realize the inauguration is looking like it will be a humiliating experience what with the lack of performers and all. (That young woman who has agreed to sing the national anthem is getting terrible career advice.)

But Trump does have to have the oath of office administered before he is actually POTUS.
He started the dumpster fire early.

All it has done is provide rational people with evidence that the Obama administration was better than they realized.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:24 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Worst president ever. Obama makes the worst decisions based on saving face politically. Benghazi an example. A coward and afraid of losing face but does it so often because of his incompetence. Obama a big sore loser as well.
LOL. Benghazi? What happened under conservative saint Reagan again, treasonous arms deal and how many marines died in Beirut? How many embassies attacked under Bush Jr?

LOL. You just lost all credibility with such a petty partisan statement. Like zero left. Sad.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:27 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Pathetic is is successor.

Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were easily the 2 most successful presidents in the past 45 years. Its not even close.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
LOL. Benghazi? What happened under conservative saint Reagan again, treasonous arms deal and how many marines died in Beirut? How many embassies attacked under Bush Jr?

LOL. You just lost all credibility with such a petty partisan statement. Like zero left. Sad.
You'd think by now that folks would quit bringing up Benghazi. Even Republicans admit it was a partisan political theater.

Republicans decrease funding for embassy security. Embassy doesn't have enough security.

And this is Obama's fault? Or Clinton's?

Please.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He started the dumpster fire early.

All it has done is provide rational people with evidence that the Obama administration was better than they realized.

If the consequences for a lot of people weren't so terrible, it would actually be fun to watch the goat rope we're in for.

Wonder how long it will last until the Republicans pitch him aside?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies