Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 02:36 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Roof and these four psychopaths should all hang together.
Only one group of people a hundred years from now will show pictures of this lynching and say how evil the people that hanged them were.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:36 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Liberal media won't report it. It does not benefit them. What about that professor that tweeted saying that white people should be exterminated.
Funny, because I saw it on CNN and MSNBC. However, one needs to get away from Fox News to actually see what other networks are reporting on.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Not only has it been widely covered, but it is being treated (correctly) as a hate crime, and the black community is coming out in full force condemning the act, and supporting that it's a racist act worthy of being prosecuted as a hate crime. I learned all that from watching the mainstream media (I don't even have cable).
They are? Where is Al Sharpton?

Old 01-06-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
This ^ will not help us unite. It's not a fight, a payback, an eye for an eye. We have to create an end to this divide by understanding.

Someone has to allow a new beginning. I understand Americans like that "team" mentality but it has no place in this kind of a situation.
Oh but it is.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:54 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I agree completely. With this election, though, I've seen the media start baiting like I've never seen before, and people - mainly younger people - are believing the crap the media is telling them. My 27 year old daughter told me she and her friends (many of whom are minorities) were afraid to leave their houses after the election. What the heck?! She's convinced that Trump supporters are white supremacists who are committing all manner of crimes because they've been emboldened.

I watched the video by Some Black Guy. Sure enough, if you scroll down through the comments, you get the 'coon' comment here and there. Then you have the Shawn King's of the alternate media continuing the 'whites are horrible people and if you disagree you're a racist' nonsense. What do the 90% of us do at this point? This crap has got to stop, but how do we get there?
I think everyone who is a decent hard working human being fears this on either side. Will I be the next victim to represent peoples hate toward one side or the other?

The entertainment news media fuels the fight.
We no longer forgive and forget.
We also witness an incredible amount of crime on social media now that isn't represented well. This causes self induced terror. We become afraid of whites, blacks, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Middle Easterners, you name it. The PC crowd creates a shield so nobody can talk honestly about it. It's a real mess.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:57 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Interestingly enough, after the election we saw claim after claim that Trump had caused a surge in hate crimes from whites with his rhetoric and win. It was a heavily covered news story.

Now we get this incident and "well gee these kids are completely acting on their own and couldn't possibly have been motivated by all the anti-trump, anti-white commentary being made".

Anyone making blanket statement demonizing other groups, races etc. is responsible for their words.

Seriously, we just had a thread here the other day trying to portray all Trump supporters as KKK members.

There is a whole lot of ugly on both sides of this, don't be a part of it.
As horrific as this crime and others similar to it are for race relations, lets not give up all hope. The time is coming where we all have to decide, whether White or Black, are we going to put color aside and pursue a policy of justice for all regardless of race. The choice is clear. If we can not apply a equal sense of justice , then there is virtually no hope for tackling the race problem in any effective manner.

Sadly, the fact remains, if the victim was Black, there would be riots in cities along with looting and opportunistic attacks on innocent White people.

Does the Black community not realize how fed up a growing number of White people are with the heinous and brutal attacks on their own. Can the Black community not condemn such attacks, or has all control being handed over to their militant racist sections. Simply not enough anymore to adopt the nonchalant, carefree attitude of non responsibility for such crimes. There is much needed self examination needed in the Black community for what is going wrong.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:58 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yes, it's like the shift that took place when videos popped up with police shooting black males for no reason and then planting tasers on them and lying about what happened.

Good news - the judge has denied bail for these four b*tches.

Good point. It is also turning the tables when there are corrupt police. Mixed bag though because dash cams also show lying perps.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Warning: Foul language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBj_TU4s_8M
Black and White people are amazed at this. Hopefully it unites and does not divide us more. Sometimes horrid crap has to happen before we realize how far out of hand things are getting.
I agree with this guy on many levels.

The left pushes the rhetoric.... No minorities are responsible for their actions. It's society's fault. It's capitalism's fault. It's the fault of white privilege. Parents teach it too. With this, what do we expect? Of course blacks are going to hate whites. And whites are going to stop ignoring it and start to respond to that hate.

The other problem is even though BLM is not helping, I don't see the affiliation other than the hate of whites.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
BLM kidnapping? Lmao... haven't heard of BLM since November and there is a reason for that.
This is exactly what Black Lives Matter stands for. At their marches, they carry signs reading, "End White Supremacy." America, they claim, is systemically racist. In other words, white people are racist and evil.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Interestingly enough, after the election we saw claim after claim that Trump had caused a surge in hate crimes from whites with his rhetoric and win. It was a heavily covered news story.

Now we get this incident and "well gee these kids are completely acting on their own and couldn't possibly have been motivated by all the anti-trump, anti-white commentary being made".

Anyone making blanket statement demonizing other groups, races etc. is responsible for their words.

Seriously, we just had a thread here the other day trying to portray all Trump supporters as KKK members.

There is a whole lot of ugly on both sides of this, don't be a part of it.
The problem is people hear this garbage and believe. Especially those raised hearing they are black and whites hate them from the time they are born. They are instilled with hopelessness and they hear who is to blame. **** Trump. **** whites. This isn't ****ing new.

And whites hear the same thing and not all of them will be guilt ridden snowflakes.

This is America. That use to be something. It's not now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies