Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 09:07 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I have to admit, I was devastated when Obama was hired to work for me in 2008. I would grade him:

1. 1st 2 years F due to huge debt he and the Congress created to bail out the banks that bought him off. Obamacare was a terrible law as well.
2. Years 3 & 4 he probably gets a D+ possibly due to Republican Congress slowing the debt.
3. Years 5 & 6 he gets a C.
4. Years 7 & 8 I would give him a C+.

Highlights are killing Osama, allowing the Republicans to fix the messes that Harry & Nancy created, and not getting in any new major wars.

Lows were the debt, poor foreign policy decisions creating the right atmosphere for ISIS, stoking racial animus and the killing of cops, Obamacare, and trying to legislate through Executive Orders.

Overall Grade C- (much better than I expected).

How would you rate his performance?
I am mixed on Obama and give him somewhere in the C to maybe B minus range.

Personally, I am disappointed in Obama. Certainly not the worst President (better than Bush II) but I expected more and I guess I fell for the hope and change back in 2008. Having said that, I realize that Obama was blocked from doing anything, literally from day one. On the other hand, lately I am glad more and more that Obama has been blocked!

Obama did slow down the "America is the unpaid policeman of the world", to which I am grateful, especially with the folks trying to get our boys killed in Syria.

However, Obama did mess up healthcare reform and gave us another expensive program. The pre-existing conditions was a good idea though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 10:35 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
A++, Best president in US history. He's the Black George Washington

Old 01-10-2017, 04:16 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Obama did slow down the "America is the unpaid policeman of the world", to which I am grateful, especially with the folks trying to get our boys killed in Syria.
How did Obama slow that down?

Certainly not with Syria.

Obama lied about evidence to try and get into Syria more, but the Republicans in congress stopped his war mongering.

https://off-guardian.org/2015/10/02/...r-proven-lies/

Obama said 16 times that he would never put boots on the ground in Syria, but then did.

16 times Obama said there would be no boots on the ground in Syria

Obama claimed the only way to defeat ISIS is to remove Assad from power?!?! Hey Obama you genius, removing Saddam and Qadafi did wonders for ISIS.

Obama: Defeating ISIS Hinges on Syria Regime Change -- News from Antiwar.com

Obama exempted standards that protect civilians from US bombing in Syria.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-hou...95.html?ref=gs

Obama called anyone who opposed his war in Syria an isolationist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/05/w...isis.html?_r=0

Obama argued for war, the people don't want it.

Americans want diplomacy on Syria, are unmoved by Obama speech: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

Obama dumps weapons into Syria and trains rebels....many of which are extremists rebels.

Obama ready to expand covert aid to Syrian opposition: report | Reuters

Obama became unhinged with Syria and claimed that he didn't set a redline that he clearly set.

Obama: 'I didn't set a red line, the world set a red line' | MSNBC

Obama said he is not violating US law which makes it illegal to arm terrorists, even though terrorists keep getting US weapons that he pours into the region.

http://www.indystar.com/errors/404/?nclick_check=1

Etc....

You are right Obama has made us less the world police, if you ignore creating more non-combat military bases than Bush, bombing twice the countries as Bush, sending in special forces to more than twice the countries as Bush, etc....

https://www.stpete4peace.org/obama-fact-sheet

Old 01-10-2017, 05:57 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Absolutely great president. He destroyed Syria, Iraq, Libya (the worst enemies of Israel) and I thank him for that.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:09 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
He totally met my expectations for a massive run up of the national debt, with nothing to show for it.

Obama will go down in history as a very poor president.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:31 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
He did NOT meet my expectations at all. Definite D.

I voted for him in 2008 (but not in 2012) in large part because I thought he would help IMPROVE race relations, but instead, race relations are worse than they have been in decades. He has also shown over and over again that his administration was almost entirely about enabling people who, imo, do not deserve any government benefits (adult illegal immigrants and those who are mostly content to live on government assistance, even though they can work), and that he promoted the rights of various minority and special interest groups, while virtually ignoring those who have been out of work for years because of the economy. Yes, I am thinking of those in the Rust Belt who lost factory jobs, people who lost jobs due to outsourcing, etc.

No, I did not vote for Trump -- I voted for Johnson -- but that was only because I thought that Trump was as bad in his way as Hillary and Obama are in theirs.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:33 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Absolutely great president. He destroyed Syria, Iraq, Libya (the worst enemies of Israel) and I thank him for that.
Really? You might notify someone because according to my sources, those countries are still in existence.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:27 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
He failed to meet my expectations, because he failed to put forth a progressive agenda. We got eight years of neoliberalism. He was instrumental in saving the US and global economies, but I actually expected him to do that. Obamacare was about as good as it could possibly have been with Republican obstruction. I'm not sure we can give him the credit for marriage equality, but he did champion it, and it happened on his watch. I do credit him for finally, fully integrating the military.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:48 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Since Congress could not get anything done we cannot blame him completely. With Executive Actions I am glad he is leaving.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:57 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Obama's accomplishments were as expected of a community organizer unqualified to be president. Hillary was far more qualified to run as the dem candidate in 2008.

Obama's performance has not been a surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies