Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 05:52 PM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I can agree with you that a 6 foot, hairy man who looks like a man shouldn't be using the women's bathroom, but I also don't believe a post-op transwoman who completely passes for a woman should be required to use the men's bathroom. Government should stay out of that issue as it's unenforceable either way. Leaving the bathroom laws the way they have always been (ambiguous) protects transgenders while preventing perverts from taking advantage of an unnecessary law.
when I go to the bathroom I am not looking at anyone else- or looking up their skirts to check the plumbing- and we have never let the kid go alone-- but we do teach them about weirdos period-- and what to do... which can very easily happens in a males bathroom with a male perv.

Last edited by tinytrump; 01-05-2017 at 06:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 07:08 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
There is no such thing as a federal marriage license - just as there is no federal drivers license, either. The federal government doesn't actually have that kind of control.

This is a state issue. The Supremes are the ones who got the feds involved in this - not the government itself.
Wrong, because the Federal Government has Thousands of regulations and benefits that are based on marriage and the Federal Government is not allowed to discriminate. THAT is why the SC ruled as they did.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
While I agree with the OP's examples I must state that nearly all laws are based on morality. Laws against stealing, raping and killing are based on morality.

On a issue where morals greatly conflict the best solution is for government to stay out of the picture. Victimless crimes are an example.

Let me add that all of us take our moral values into the voting booth. The position a woman has a right to choose is just as much a moral stand as the position that life is sacred from the moment of conception.

My moral stand that money forcibly taken from one individual for the sole purpose of enriching another is immoral conflicts with the moral stand of many that redistribution of wealth is moral and even neccesary.
True, But to have morals or morality involved in our laws does not require any religious beliefs and especially not one brand of religion.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:14 AM

304 posts, read 160,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The Government tells me I must accept that a hairy man in a flannel shirt and 6' tall, who feels pretty that day, can walk into my women's dressing room at the gym or at the department store and I can't do anything about it. Screw government's view of morality. Reality under Obama has become unreality. Government is risking women's safety.
I agree with other posters that when I go to the bathroom I have no interest in checking out the plumbing of others. Now I'm from the NYC area so I'm used to seeing the drag queen types. Most of the flamboyant ones are doing it for show to scare the tourist from the heartland. Now its rare you see a Girl who feels like a man, it is normally a man who feels like a woman using the bathrooms but again for the most part 99% of the trans people who use the "wrong bathroom" for lack of a better term just poop or pee wash hands (hopefully) and go about their business and nobody is any wiser or paying attention because well nobody outside of the fringe elements of religious conservatives cares.

Yes As I stated before there is a small minority who make a show of things and they ruin it for everyone but as another poster pointed out..

Be the PARENT!!! teach your kids about weirdos and strangers or if you are in a large area like say a department store...accompany your child to the restroom.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:59 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Bathrooms were fine before we had laws on who could use which one. Don't need snowflake laws in place because someone somewhere might be offended the one time they end up in the bathroom with a transexual, and anything beyond the normal use of the bathroom is already covered under other laws (indeceny, sexual assault or harrassment). Honestly wgaf about this at all aside from the bible banging theocrats?

Totally agree on the "small government" conservative hypocrisy with all the intrusive "morality" laws like blue laws and other crap like that.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:24 AM

304 posts, read 160,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Bathrooms were fine before we had laws on who could use which one. Don't need snowflake laws in place because someone somewhere might be offended the one time they end up in the bathroom with a transexual, and anything beyond the normal use of the bathroom is already covered under other laws (indeceny, sexual assault or harrassment). Honestly wgaf about this at all aside from the bible banging theocrats?

Totally agree on the "small government" conservative hypocrisy with all the intrusive "morality" laws like blue laws and other crap like that.
I never thought of it that way but you are right...some of these evangelicals are bigger snowflakes than the college kids.

Try saying Happy Holidays to them instead of Merry Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies