Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 03:41 PM

638 posts, read 310,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
All the federal government has to do is pay for it, the wall and infrastructure.

Congress was not interested when the Bush Admin pushed for increased infrastructure spending.

Congress was not interested when the Obama Admin pushed for increased infrastructure spending.

And the current Speaker of the House and Senate leader have made clear it's not a priority for them.

Trump has made so many promises and intentions and they can't all be top priority. And some will not be realized.

Some believe the states, not the fed should be responsible for thir own infrastructure.

Some believe infrastructure spending is another massive federal spending boondoggle and want to part of it.

The ole can just keeps on kicking and ticking.
Why do you think they're all freaking out about Trump and Twitter?

Stay tuned. Those doing the can kicking will be getting their can kicked all over Twitter REAL soon. They KNOW Trump will shame them into working with him if he has to, and he'll use Twitter to do it.

That's the beauty of Trump. He has NO shame. I fully expect careers to be ended by Trump single-handedly. Because if they think he's going to be quiet, lol. Wait til they're up for re-election. Trump is just the type of guy to let the world know EXACTLY who is obstructing something he's trying to get done.

I'm not really expecting a presidential term from Trump. I'm expecting a 4 year long street-fight. Look at his campaign and tell me I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 04:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Personally I think its a great idea. Start the process now so its ready when Trump calls for it.

Sheriff Hodgson will

They should have never gotten rid of the chain gangs.

Roads repaired and less cost to the state.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:20 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No it isn't. They violated society norms, part of the punishment is labor.
The problem is that then there is an interest (by the prison industrial complex) to introduce more laws that result in a larger pool of cheap labor.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:27 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Prison labor is morally problematic. Though, in certain circumstances, I think that it is fine under voluntary conditions.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:31 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Well now trump does want congress to pay for the wall. So gonna make them all fed contractors?!! By the way the wealthy not paying through their taxes under his plan,,, we are- if approved. Sure make every body a criminal n fix the USA for pennies

Old 01-05-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They should have never gotten rid of the chain gangs.

Roads repaired and less cost to the state.
Sick

Old 01-05-2017, 08:34 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I think it's a great idea but voluntary... I think a lot of prisoners would like to be outside working than stuck in a prison cell... of course only low level offenders with good behavior... maybe even early release...

Old 01-06-2017, 07:07 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I think the illegals should get the non skilled jobs building the wall.

Pick 'em up in the sanctuary cities, get five months hard labor out of 'em, then set 'em free.......on the south side of the wall, of course.

CN
How about just deport the illegals and leave it at that.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:50 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Personally I think its a great idea. Start the process now so its ready when Trump calls for it.

Sheriff Hodgson will
Sure, everyone should earn their keep.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Sure, everyone should earn their keep.

they can build another trump towers in the middle of it-- as LONG as you pay them fair wages!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies