Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:18 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I wonder if Trump voters see what they've done to themselves. I'll take my tax cut paid for with your Medicare ya geniuses.
I didn't vote for him but for someone like me I could come out way ahead. I dont look at it being just about me though.

Nobody seemed to care when the politicians f**ked up Obamacare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 07:22 PM

26,650 posts, read 28,557,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Again, let it play out. Old people voted overwhelmingly for republican. Just let it play out. Trump is great. He alone can do great things.
I know a lot of people over age 70 and none of them voted for the idiot. When you're that age there just is not enough time to wait around and see how it plays out.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:22 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,929,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't vote for him but for someone like me I could come out way ahead. I dont look at it being just about me though.

Nobody seemed to care when the politicians f**ked up Obamacare.
Look forward not backward.

At some point we need to realize where this is going and hint it's not a good place.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:31 PM

6,389 posts, read 4,098,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
It is easy to say 'let it play out' when you don't need medicines that cost $3000 per month without insurance. It is easy to say 'let it play out' when you don't have a chronic medical condition that's expensive to treat. It is easy to say 'let it play out' when you don't have cancer. It is easy to say 'let it play out' when you don't have chronic and debilitating rheumatoid arthritis or pain.

I think the GOP is headed for an epic disaster, but they'll take millions of Americans down with them. Lives are on the line. Peoples' financial solvency is on the line. There is a massive amount at stake and many people simply can't afford to gamble on a political game that's being played simply for votes, a game that can potentially backfire into a mushroom cloud of a disaster.
Trump is great! He alone can fix everything.

Guys, don't listen to this liberal nut. Just let the GOP and Trump the Great to solve everything.

Trump is great. He alone can make America great again. Build the wall!

Old 01-05-2017, 07:34 PM

6,389 posts, read 4,098,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I know a lot of people over age 70 and none of them voted for the idiot. When you're that age there just is not enough time to wait around and see how it plays out.
The statistics prove you wrong. Old people voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

Trump is great. He alone can fix everything.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:36 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,024,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Thanks.

I'm sure there is something I'm missing here, because this doesn't make any sense.

Even if you get your $1,500 in taxes back, no one making $24K/year can afford health insurance,.

We'll be back to people showing up at the ER for medical care and long-ignored medical problems turning in monthly disability checks.

People never stopped doing that. It's irresponsible idiots who don't ever proactively take care of themselves then when they get sick they go to the er.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:38 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,929,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
People never stopped doing that. It's irresponsible idiots who don't ever proactively take care of themselves then when they get sick they go to the er.
It's people who don't have health insurance and can't afford proactive medicine that did that. When they lose coverage it will start all over again.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Look forward not backward.

At some point we need to realize where this is going and hint it's not a good place.
I am looking forward and I see nothing from either side that makes me think we will do the right thing.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
The ER doesn't ask for unaffordable co-pays and deductibles.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
It's people who don't have health insurance and can't afford proactive medicine that did that. When they lose coverage it will start all over again.
It never stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies