Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 05:47 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
what loss of cush jobs?
Trumps filling these cush jobs with his cronies (I am sure unemployed coal miners/ blue collar workers will be well represented)....
I'm sure he will, but I'm not going to cry for those being shown the door now.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Putin is probably the only person that The Donald obeys ( Putin must have something over the Donald). This means Putin is our president by extension.
I think Melania is really a Russian agent---
She copied up to Donald years ago and now Putin has her right where she can do the most good...

Old 01-06-2017, 06:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
We pay for the moves
Obama did this in his inauguration...Nothing new here..Just trying to tarnish Trump
As Obama would say..Nothing to see move along
Trump tarnishes himself--nobody needs to do it for him.

This is being done due to Trump's totally paranoid view of the world and his low-class treatment of those he feels threatened by. He's not just treating the ambassadors like garbage--he is indicating to foreign countries that he has no respect for them either. It is so ironic that Trump walks around thinking he is so classy, smart and world-wise, when he is the polar opposite.

It is especially tacky when contrasted with Melania and her precious baby who cannot tolerate a 200 mile move.

"...President-elect Donald J. Trump’s transition staff has issued a blanket edict requiring politically appointed ambassadors to leave their overseas posts by Inauguration Day, according to several American diplomats familiar with the plan, breaking with decades of precedent by declining to provide even the briefest of grace periods...

"...threatens to leave the United States without Senate-confirmed envoys for months in critical nations like Germany, Canada and Britain. In the past, administrations of both parties have often granted extensions on a case-by-case basis to allow a handful of ambassadors, particularly those with school-age children, to remain in place for weeks or months..."

"...In Costa Rica, Ambassador Stafford Fitzgerald Haney is hunting for a house or an apartment as his family — which includes four school-age children and his wife, who has been battling breast cancer — struggles to figure out how to avoid a move back to the United States with five months left in the school year, according to the diplomats..."

"...said it was reasonable to expect ambassadors to return at the end of a term, given that they are direct representatives of the president with broad grants of authority. But he could not recall an occasion on which such a strict timeline had been applied...W. Robert Pearson, a former ambassador to Turkey and a scholar at the Middle East Institute in Washington, said the rule was “quite extraordinary,” adding that it could undermine American interests..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/us...bassadors.html

Old 01-06-2017, 08:41 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
[quote=JGMotorsport64;46732556]
Quote:
This doesn't even make sense?
You are making my point. Let me quote it. "THE INABILITY TO PROCESS INFORMATION IN A LOGICAL WAY"

Quote:
Obama, a will be private citizen, is free to do as he pleases. Trump, the President, will be sending us the bill so his kid can stay in his posh private school for the semester while simultaneously telling those below him, "sucks to be you but I have a point to make so my base can get riled up.
Trump is a private citizen right now and you are criticizing him for it and give Obama a pass. TDS and he is alive in your head apparently. Every family has the right to decide what is best in their interest and act accordingly.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:08 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Again, you are allowing media to manipulate you.

Politically appointed ambassadors are not career foreign service employees. They understand it's a short term assignment and will be replaced when power changes hands.

Political appointments tend to be the plum assignments.
The fish stinks from the head...

See Post #1 (also the thread starter).

Old 01-06-2017, 09:38 PM

649 posts, read 316,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In Break With Past, Obama Ambassadors Are Told to Quit Posts by Inauguration Day

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump’s transition staff has issued a blanket edict requiring politically appointed ambassadors to leave their overseas posts by Inauguration Day, according to several American diplomats familiar with the plan, breaking with decades of precedent by declining to provide even the briefest of grace periods.

The mandate — issued “without exceptions,” according to a terse State Department cable sent on Dec. 23, diplomats who saw it said — threatens to leave the United States without Senate-confirmed envoys for months in critical nations like Germany, Canada and Britain. In the past, administrations of both parties have often granted extensions on a case-by-case basis to allow a handful of ambassadors, particularly those with school-age children, to remain in place for weeks or months.
Draining the swamp .

Old 01-06-2017, 09:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Draining the swamp .
Not by the looks of that mucky cabinet of his.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:46 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not by the looks of that mucky cabinet of his.
I'd rather listen to you complain about president Trump while Hillary rots with her ugly daughter in upstate NY.

President Donald Trump! !!

Old 01-06-2017, 09:51 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what? said who? ever did a military move? it's no different- they have personal stuff- items- furnishings and maybe kids in classes- what the f he care? just evict them- 15 day notice-- even we require 30 day notices- in a regualr rental move- - a.h.
I did many military moves as a military brat and in my own long career in the military. Never had less than three months warning, never moved during the school year.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:56 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I moved around a lot as a private citizen.. nobody ever asked me my opinion either... least of all the government... pack your bags... on Jan. 20, ambassadors are private citizens... they are lucky we don't bill them for the move ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies