Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 07:58 AM

1,160 posts, read 712,713 times

Advertisements

The United States and "Russia" (aka. Prussia, USSR, Russia) have been allies and friendly towards one another for the majority of our nations' existance.

We had treaties and alliances signed by Thomas Jefferson. We fought side by side in WW1 and WW2.

Then Stalin destroyed US/Soviet relations with his adherence to Communism, imperialism, and abysmal human rights record.

Reagan famously ended the Cold War when reformist Mikhail Gorbechev promoted Perestroika and Glasnost.

Putin and George W. were friendly and Putin supported our anti-terrorism efforts after 9/11.

Hillary presented a 'reset button' in 2009.

From personal experience, I speak to Russians often via Amateur Radio and visit with them at IT conferences - they LOVE the united states... they are not our enemy.

So tell me liberals - why all of a sudden do we hate the Russians again? They no longer oppress their people, they embrace and encourage capitalism, and generally fight alongside us whenever major conflicts break out.

is this just an example of "the friend of my enemy (Trump) is my enemy"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 08:09 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,985,635 times
We can't be friends because the Obama administration doesn't like how the Russians run their country. They don't like their "human rights" issues regarding discrimination . The problem is , that is their culture. Nobody should tell someone how to run their country .

The entire Russian scheme is to undermine the truthful information and content of the emails. If you noticed during the debates, Hillary never denied the emails content. She simply confused Americans with the Russian hacking. It created a diversion. All the sudden no one cares about the emails or their damaging content. All they care about is Russian hacking. As you can see in the main stream media. Whats the current headline?

Old 01-06-2017, 08:11 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,257 times
Because the establishment on the left, and right work for the military industrial complex, and want to restart the cold war.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:12 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
Russia has helped the USA many times throughout history. They let their claim to the entire west coast go for almost nothing. They sold us Alaska for a song.

They supported us in the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, WWI and WWII. There is no natural hatred here.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:15 AM

1,248 posts, read 823,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
The United States and "Russia" (aka. Prussia, USSR, Russia) have been allies and friendly towards one another for the majority of our nations' existance.
Sorry for the offtopic, but I have to say that: Prussia is an entirely different place! It is a historical region that now forms parts of Germany and Poland, but has NOTHING to do with Russia.

On everything else you are pretty much right.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Quote:

We had treaties and alliances signed by Thomas Jefferson. We fought side by side in WW1 and WW2.

Then Stalin destroyed US/Soviet relations with his adherence to Communism, imperialism, and abysmal human rights record.

Reagan famously ended the Cold War when reformist Mikhail Gorbechev promoted Perestroika and Glasnost.

Putin and George W. were friendly and Putin supported our anti-terrorism efforts after 9/11.

From personal experience, I speak to Russians often via Amateur Radio and visit with them at IT conferences - they LOVE the united states... they are not our enemy.

So tell me liberals - why all of a sudden do we hate the Russians again? They no longer oppress their people, they embrace and encourage capitalism, and generally fight alongside us whenever major conflicts break out.

The Russian People are not our Enemies.
The Russian Leaders on the other hand are not our Friends.
Simple as that.

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times
Quote:

Russians don't like gay people! They are hateful, misogynistic, racist, anti-illegal-immigration and anti-gay just like Trump.

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Russia has tremendous natural resources - it is almost three times the size of the US. It would be very wise to find common ground and could be mutually beneficial. It is a far better plan than turning half the planet into a radioactive cinder.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:17 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times
Quote:

If we can be friends with the Saudis and the Chinese, I don't see any reason we can't be friends with the democratic Russia.

We don't need to be allies but we should be friendly to each other and find mutually beneficial grounds.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:17 AM

1,248 posts, read 823,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Russians don't like gay people! They are hateful, misogynistic, racist, anti-illegal-immigration and anti-gay just like Trump.
Way to paint an entire huge nation with a broad brush!

And then they whine when someone generalizes about them in the same way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies