Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whom do you believe, City Data?
Wikileaks 91 36.84%
US Intel Officials 55 22.27%
Trump 19 7.69%
Liberal News Media (CNN, MSNBC, NPR, ABC, NYT etc.) 21 8.50%
Right Wing News Media (Infowar) 3 1.21%
I don't believe nobody! 58 23.48%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 09:18 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Apparently the evil lying Intelligence Agencies only lie when they disagree with your Parties point of view.
Do you think I trust government? I don't care what idiot is in office, government is not to be trusted. This is your problem, you think people like me are just as partisan as you. I don't care who is in office, their authority means nothing to me, they MUST provide proper evidence or they are talking out of their arse.

Care to make another witty comment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 09:49 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
I'm moderate( lean right) I try to listen/ watch multiple sources.
Hard to fully believe anyone anymore in regards to news. This includes family/ friends...lol
Agreed. What I have referred to before as "triangulating for the truth." That process has me less trusting of Trump than I would like to be of our POTUS, certainly less than I am more recently used to...

Old 01-06-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I also like how all during the Bush years these progressives went on and on about how the government lied, how the intelligence agencies lied concerning the Iraq WMD and yet, Obama's administration and agencies have been caught in scandal after scandal, hiding anything and everything from the American people and progressives toe the line and demand everyone "believe" the government and agencies they refused to believe during Bush.

They have to be the dumbest people on the planet.
You offer some pretty good examples and specifics regarding the Bush years, awfully vague when it comes to Obama. I have addressed many a claim of "lies" and "scandal" when it comes to Obama, and all I can say is that those claims about Obama by anti-Obama types are nothing like the claims generally lodged against Bush/Cheney & Co, not when the truth of these matters is reasonably considered, also not as consequential in terms of American troop body counts and all the other significant costs of war with no return whatsoever.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:01 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
I don't BELIEVE anyone.

I do rely on the various sources named and on history to provide context.

Then I THINK about what is most likely.

But I will say that I think Trumpertwitter is a highly dubious source for anything except Trump's current mood. He has a history of overstatement, convenient omissions, and outright fabrication.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:07 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Do you think I trust government? I don't care what idiot is in office, government is not to be trusted. This is your problem, you think people like me are just as partisan as you. I don't care who is in office, their authority means nothing to me, they MUST provide proper evidence or they are talking out of their arse.

Care to make another witty comment?
This is me as well. Just because I don't like Obama doesn't mean I automatically liked Bush. I dislike Obama more only because the media sycophants covered for him the entire time of his presidency. At least they were somewhat better watchdogs during the Bush era.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:12 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
It's been known for a while the Russia has been hacking into US servers for years. The fact that the intelligence community is in agreement that Russia is behind this is noteworthy, regardless of where you stand politically.

And of course, Obama's only now addressing this because of politics which is why I'm not praising him for the sanctions.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:13 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You offer some pretty good examples and specifics regarding the Bush years, awfully vague when it comes to Obama. I have addressed many a claim of "lies" and "scandal" when it comes to Obama, and all I can say is that those claims about Obama by anti-Obama types are nothing like the claims generally lodged against Bush/Cheney & Co, not when the truth of these matters is reasonably considered, also not as consequential in terms of American troop body counts and all the other significant costs of war with no return whatsoever.
Not as consequential? Are you kidding? The world is on fire. We took out Qaddafi in Libya even after knowing the consequences of removing dictators in the region. We have been arming and funding rebel forces against Assad, prolonging their civil war and killing hundreds of thousands of people, and displacing millions. Europe is being overrun by migrants. And the people we are arming are not good people at all. Obama has been even worse than Bush.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:16 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
Well, currently . . . It appears that there are 11 members of US Intel on these boards.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Not as consequential? Are you kidding? The world is on fire. We took out Qaddafi in Libya even after knowing the consequences of removing dictators in the region. We have been arming and funding rebel forces against Assad, prolonging their civil war and killing hundreds of thousands of people, and displacing millions. Europe is being overrun by migrants. And the people we are arming are not good people at all. Obama has been even worse than Bush.
Oh! Suddenly the "world is on fire?" How old are you?

Please review your history, say just back to WWI, and tell me when the world was not on fire according to you. What has the body count for American troops and/or innocent civilians been during every year since? How many killed on 9/11? How many lost in Iraq?

Now compare to the Obama years and get back to me...

Old 01-06-2017, 10:33 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Not over yet. I want proof , real proof just like Trump.

We know that Russia hacks. We don't know that Russia hacked this information . Assange says no. Our government has to prove they hacked and gave this to Assange with definite proof and then they could tell us whatever they want , .. like the movie that started the attack on Benghazi when we found out it was a planned terrorist attack , not a spontaneous attack because of a movie. So the credibility is already shot so I can't just blindly believe even if they say this is proof. It could be manufactured proof. When they lie , we don't forget.
Not only that, but if you remember, Obama, Hillary, they were all reporting that Benghazi was a protest, due to come comic book mockery about them. Yeah right, protesters use rocket launchers.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies