Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 08:18 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I spent my youth in France which is the #1 country in Europe for pot use. .
Not true. France is way behind the Czech Republic, Italy and Spain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 12:09 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I don't know. Tell me.
I don't know either. That's why I asked. Perhaps those here with experience with marijuana can tell us.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:28 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
That's a load of crap. My former co-workers who smoked it all day while at work were some of the dumbest fools I've ever met. And they thought it was funny that they were so dumb.

In fact, every pot head that I've ever met in my life, (considering I used to live in Seattle, that's a LOT), has been a total idiot.

Smoke it if you want, in your home, what do I care, but stop trying to justify it. It stinks, it impairs your driving, (and even the liberal hell hole of CA has voted that it does, and you will get a DWI now if you're caught impaired due to marijuana now...and they've already handed out tickets...hahahahahahaha), and thus far, from what I've seen, only morons smoke it.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:36 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How many weed users do not also smoke tobacco and/or drink alcohol?
Quote:
I don't know. Tell me.
Quote:
I don't know either. That's why I asked. Perhaps those here with experience with marijuana can tell us.
I don't think anyone is going to be in a position to give broad-based demographic-type facts. It's going to be circumstantial and anecdotal. But hey, there's a lot of that going around in this thread so I'll jump in. For some types of users there is some positive correlation, for other types there is no correlation at all, and for still other types there is negative correlation.

That is:
  • there are cannabis users who also use alcohol (in isolation or in combination), because the two substances and effects are being sought for similar reasons or they have synergy or just seem to be used concurrently
  • there are cannabis users who don't use alcohol, and there's really no link between their use of cannabis and their decision to not use alcohol
  • there are cannabis users who also use alcohol, but there's really no link between their use of cannabis and their decision to use alcohol
  • there are cannabis users who do not use alcohol, and that decision is a direct result of the decision to use cannabis -- perhaps they tired of alcohol and found cannabis more to their liking or a better fit for their lifestyle, or maybe they had an alcoholic family and never want to touch the stuff, or possibly they were alcoholic themselves and moved away from it while either picking up or continuing with cannabis due to its much less severe side effects and addiction potential
And of course you can substitute tobacco / nicotine for all of the above as well. What percentage of cannabis users fall into these 4 x 2 permutations, then? I haven't a clue.

There is also a wide variety of cannabis usage. I've known wake-and-bakers who were useless, but also daily users who were extremely productive and successful and articulate. I've known users who would only use edibles. I've known users who binge-smoked, going two or three weeks between uses but then using a lot on the day of. I've known users who preferred Indica strains so they could get couch-locked and laugh their asses off at dumb TV, and other users who preferred Sativa strains so they could write music or create art or build things.

Personally, I use cannabis generally in large amounts but fairly infrequently -- 3 to 5 weeks between, typically. I prefer energizing types (as opposed to stupefying / sedating types) and enjoy painting, meditation, active music listening (I'm weakly synaesthetic normally, but good cannabis ramps that up by a factor of 5-10x so that when I'm actively listening in the dark on my audiophile system, I SEE music, which is a big part of my love of this substance), and sex.

I drink once or twice a week. I smoke probably between 4 and 8 cigarettes per year (i.e. not often). I use DXM, MXE, 4-AcO-DMT (and a couple other 4-x-x types), DPT, Salvia, Methallylescaline, and a couple others a couple times per year.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 01-07-2017 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: slight rewriting of the list for clarity

Old 01-07-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I do know that a lot of marijuana consumers don't smoke tobacco, but all the ones I know do consume alcohol.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I don't think anyone is going to be in a position to give broad-based demographic-type facts. It's going to be circumstantial and anecdotal. But hey, there's a lot of that going around in this thread so I'll jump in.
I agree and have never seen detailed demographics. But my personal observation is this;

Very few marijuana consumers also smoke tobacco (I only know of one).

All of them also consume alcohol.

I've never met a "stoned loser" as some have on this board (I'm sure they exist, but I don't hang with those types.)

Every marijuana consumer I have ever met is highly educated, quite successful and is in the upper income bracket. Some are business execs, lawyers or own their business. Many are IT professionals.

Edibles are becoming much more popular because lots of people don't like smoke.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:50 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,404 times
Quote:
Not true. France is way behind the Czech Republic, Italy and Spain.
According to whom ? Did you live there ?

Old 01-07-2017, 12:52 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Why do you think I'm a "pothead?"
I know you are otherwise you would not make irrational statements about someone's testimony, if it was not related to a habit that you have. You addicts will go at great length to defend/justify your addiction.

Plus, i just checked your posts and you are obsessed with cannabis, medical cannabis, and cannabis legalization. So please tell us, how much of it do you smoke a day ? How much do you spend and do you grow at home or buy from the corner guys ? Have you moved to Colorado yet, or claimed to be sick to get a medical weed card ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That's a load of crap. My former co-workers who smoked it all day while at work were some of the dumbest fools I've ever met. And they thought it was funny that they were so dumb.

In fact, every pot head that I've ever met in my life, (considering I used to live in Seattle, that's a LOT), has been a total idiot.
You can keep telling them, they'll just dismiss everything you say as being unreliable, it's not possible, pot does not even affect people's brains, or make them addicted, in fact it's a a cure to most diseases etc etc...

Last edited by Sorel36; 01-07-2017 at 01:03 PM..

Old 01-07-2017, 01:30 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Personally, I use cannabis generally in large amounts but fairly infrequently -- 3 to 5 weeks between, typically. I prefer energizing types (as opposed to stupefying / sedating types) and enjoy painting, meditation, active music listening (I'm weakly synaesthetic normally, but good cannabis ramps that up by a factor of 5-10x so that when I'm actively listening in the dark on my audiophile system, I SEE music, which is a big part of my love of this substance), and sex.

I drink once or twice a week. I smoke probably between 4 and 8 cigarettes per year (i.e. not often). I use DXM, MXE, 4-AcO-DMT (and a couple other 4-x-x types), DPT, Salvia, Methallylescaline, and a couple others a couple times per year.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:43 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome. I use drugs now and then because they are a positive element in my life. My personal view on cannabis (which also applies to MXE and 4-AcO) is that using it infrequently creates a very captivating, invigorating, and fruitful alteration in perception, thought processing, and perspective -- a change from the norm. So any more frequent use will begin to deaden the extent of the alteration -- it will kill the magic. I never want that to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies