Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 03:04 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Just out of curiosity, may I ask your general age?

I've wondered about personal experiences with private sales across different sects of society, such as age or location.

Growing up rural, before the internet private sales were pretty much all we knew, because granddad's trip to Sears or Montgomery wards to pick up a new rifle was something that happened less than a handful of times.
I never kept any kind of count, but I've probably been involved in over one hundred private sales or trades in my lifetime and never thought much of it until the politics of the matter became a hot topic, more recently.
First private sale I purchased in NY from wantaddigest long before the safe act when public listings for arms were normal. In both printed want adds and craigslist. That was age 21/22 for a Colt "evil rifle" for $1200. Was never fired, a pure safe queen. Was quite a bargain came with 5 mil surp mags, 500 rounds of ammo, cleaning kit, and blow molded foam lined hard carrying case. Went through those 500 rounds that afternoon.

Other 2 were down here.

Guns I buy, cost more than most of these dems bus pass or Prius payment for a year to put that into perspective. So to be stupid or commit crime would be very very foolish.

Criminals usually like cheap little hi points and kel techs. Cheap and disposable, I like Wilson Combat, got a sweet deal on a Les Baer for the most recent purchase, Black Rain Ordinance, Kimber, GA precision, FN Herstal, Glock and many others. I don't discriminate, every brand and series has it's ups and downs.

For adult Legos can't beat kits and components from Palmetto State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yeah, exactly. "Gun show loophole" is just noise. There is no loophole. I've purchased 3 weapons from gun shows and had to go through NICS background check each and every time, just as you say everyone that has a stall at these shows are professional FFL dealers and follow the law. I could call it "disinformation" but lets be diplomatic and call it lack of information. And deliver a firearm to my house without going through an FFL dealer? I wish. Don't even get my started on the "assault weapon/rifle" definition that gets thrown like crazy for anything able to shoot a projectile.
Noise is why we can't solve the complex issue of violence, gun violence or otherwise, in the US.
Oh it gets better...

Just like "Silencers" should be banned because it makes a 338 Lapua sound like a pellet rifle...

Clearly these dolts haven't fired a rifle a day in their life nor utilized one with a can on it. Watch too many movies with mafioso guys and hitmen carrying suppressed arms that whisper... They cry about noise and a lot of the cityiots who came upstate even blatted for hearing us "rednecks" sight our rifles in pre hunting season or while just target practicing. They don't like noise? Fine let us have suppressors. Noooo can't do that then you'll kill people silently! it would just be better that you give up your hobbies and way of life to appease us NYC bred brain dead liberal dolts.
Nah. Don't think so hoss. I'd rather troll them and did quite successfully until they sold their houses and went back where they belong. That's another issue in it's entirety. Let's just say if you came up from the city Friday night and blared your electronica/robo music til 4am drinking when I had work the next day... I made your hangover a night mare between a straight piped pickup, john deere, and to really drive the nail in the coffin, I'd go hook the trailer up load the race car and bring it back home to set the dwell in my driveway at 8am when quiet time was over at 3500-6000RPM.

Then there's the journalist who got PTSD from firing the "powerful evil AR"
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

I don't know about you, but I laugh hysterically when they claim an AR or AK variant is a powerful assault rifle...I didn't know intermediate carbine cartridges were powerful...

Old 01-09-2017, 03:26 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Oh it gets better...

Just like "Silencers" should be banned because it makes a 338 Lapua sound like a pellet rifle...
One of the funny ironies in life is that we have to have a muffler on our car to prevent it from being too loud, but we can't have one on a firearm to prevent it from being too quiet (without a $200 license anyways).

Old 01-09-2017, 03:31 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yeah, exactly. "Gun show loophole" is just noise. There is no loophole. I've purchased 3 weapons from gun shows and had to go through NICS background check each and every time, just as you say everyone that has a stall at these shows are professional FFL dealers and follow the law. I could call it "disinformation" but lets be diplomatic and call it lack of information. And deliver a firearm to my house without going through an FFL dealer? I wish. Don't even get my started on the "assault weapon/rifle" definition that gets thrown like crazy for anything able to shoot a projectile.
Noise is why we can't solve the complex issue of violence, gun violence or otherwise, in the US.
And what state is this? cause in Florida-- gang members buy guns -- the undercover cops monitor and watch them-- they pick the weapons then the wife buys - and not all have a wait period. TV news also video taped it and put it on the news- and private sales happen all the time

Old 01-09-2017, 03:31 PM

57,262 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
More than this drivel

You live in NY, well Long Island... Guess you didn't get the news down there about a man who's rights were revoked for being prescribed Chantix because Chantix is used to not only ween you off cigarettes it's also used as an anti depressant per the safe act lost his rights? Why? Because the medication deemed as an anti depressant...

So it's real inviting in NY to admit you have a problem or seek treatment for an ailment if you feed your family with the game you bag, or have invested heavily in a hobby...
I haven't heard about the incident whatever that has to do with the discussion, I wasn't aware we had a problem with over regulation.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I haven't heard about the incident whatever that has to do with the discussion, I wasn't aware we had a problem with over regulation.
Oh NY does. So does Mass and CT with over regulation.
It directly corresponds with your ideals on the matter when skirting mental health. Research the safe act.

Might want to research the laws and the items you seek to ban before spreading the trend that guns should be banned or further regulated.

I'll further prove my point which rifle is more deadly.

Which rifle can take down a deer humanely with one shot?

I'm all ears

Old 01-09-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And what state is this? cause in Florida-- gang members buy guns -- the undercover cops monitor and watch them-- they pick the weapons then the wife buys - and not all have a wait period. TV news also video taped it and put it on the news- and private sales happen all the time
Yeah and get caught making straw purchases... Instant felony. Responsible gun owners will rat them out. We don't need a black eye or to give the left further ammo to use against us.

Under covers also go around to blend in and try to sucker people into buying them a gun...

No waiting period if you hold a CCW, 3 day wait with a FL drivers license for a handgun.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:30 PM

57,262 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Oh NY does. So does Mass and CT with over regulation.
It directly corresponds with your ideals on the matter when skirting mental health. Research the safe act.

Might want to research the laws and the items you seek to ban before spreading the trend that guns should be banned or further regulated.

I'll further prove my point which rifle is more deadly.

Which rifle can take down a deer humanely with one shot?

I'm all ears
Play your silly gun games by yourself.

The SAFE act isn't over regulation, seems like you are squeaking by just fine. LOL

Old 01-09-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Play your silly gun games by yourself.

The SAFE act isn't over regulation, seems like you are squeaking by just fine. LOL
BWAHAHAHAHA you can't answer, you are driven by emotion and not fact and logic!

I squeaked by moving to Florida
No state income tax
My guns aren't illegal
Nor require registration
Can drink in a bar for half of what the going prices of drinks go for in NY bars.
Can smoke in a bar too! cigarettes can buy 3 packs for the price of one in NY

Property taxes are a 3rd of what I paid in NY and include garbage removal
Ride My Harley without a helmet

I live in America not ny.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:18 PM

Here's a suggestion. Directly to you Goodnight.
Before you demonize the firearm and cry there is no point to gun ownership.

Go to a range rent a gun for an hour or two.
Aside from my other hobbies it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Get a hunting license and spend a day upstate and hunt deer-venison is good eating! Or come down here and bag a hog that's been ravaging a citrus farmers grove. Mmm nom nom. Best ham and bacon I've had yet!

Are you good with math and physics? Research kinetic energy then before you and others like you seek to ban sporting rifles aka "powerful assault rifles" look at the ballistics of those evil black rifles and compare them to say 30/30 30-06 not so powerful now are they...

Some people collect and modify cars, some people are into jewelry, some people are into hobbies that differ from yours.
Before you go trampling on others hobbies with the mentality it will save lives, what gets banned next? Cars? Big rigs because France and Germany have had big rig attacks. Might as well ban pressure cookers ISIS and the Boston bombers love them... (Ask anyone returning from Afghanistan and Iraq what some IEDs are based on-pressure cookers)Ban commercial airliners from cities with sky scrapers after 9/11 occurred.

Then what we all live in bubbles in safe spaces? Get real. You can't live in, and preach fear.
Agreed there is hypocritical and failed laws, but you aren't going to stop anything by restricting regulating and taxing this that and the other out of existence. That'd be a boring dull life to live. Prime example of failed laws, look at NYs biggest plaguing issues like how they handle heroin epidemic, and DWI. Come down to Florida and get a DWI you're going broke and to jail with REAL criminals. They don't play with DWI and there is no DWAI DUI it's strictly DWI.

And some like me drive expensive vehicles that are often targeted for carjackings and make deposits with large sums of cash on us. A concealed carry with proper training will thwart the threat of a robbery mugging car jacking or rape. In Mass pepper spray is illegal. My sister went to college in Springfield. I told her and all of her friends to keep chlorinated brake clean in their hoodies and purses. One of her friends was attacked leaving a night club. Sprayed directly in the attackers face and eyes and left the would be mugger/rapist in a world of blinding pain without the ability to breathe properly. It's nasty stuff. What you and most folks in city areas in the northeast don't comprehend, we don't need someone to coddle us or hold our hands. Liberal ideals seek to suppress and create dependents I'm against that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies