Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 12:31 AM

195 posts, read 161,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why are you mocking people. You clearly have no idea. I know you are trying to be funny but being a transgender isn't funny at all.
Instead of accepting their delusions wouldn't the better thing to do is to get them the obviously VERY much needed mental help? If I told you I was a dog or a cat in a human's body what would you say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 12:35 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
Instead of accepting their delusions wouldn't the better thing to do is to get them the obviously VERY much needed mental help? If I told you I was a dog or a cat in a human's body what would you say?
They see doctors when they want hormone blockers and therapies and sexual reassignment surgeries and they see therapists while they deal with the psychological consequences of being trans and facing judgment and cruelty. They get counseling to ensure they are emotionally stable and truly ready for the transition.

If transgenderism were a mental illness, I doubt this would be the course of treatment. Don't pretend like you know more than the professionals who work with trans people and have medical (and psychological) expertise in the issue.

Why do people always pretend like they know better than the doctors, psychologists, and scientists who study transgenderism and work with actual trans people in their careers? I will never understand this.

A dog or a cat is not one of the two human genders. Don't play cute. Another classic argument people love to bring up.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
They see doctors when they want hormone blockers and therapies and sexual reassignment surgeries and they see therapists while they deal with the psychological consequences of being trans and facing judgment and cruelty. They get counseling to ensure they are emotionally stable and truly ready for the transition.

If transgenderism were a mental illness, I doubt this would be the course of treatment. Don't pretend like you know more than the professionals who work with trans people and have medical (and psychological) expertise in the issue.

Why do people always pretend like they know better than the doctors, psychologists, and scientists who study transgenderism and work with actual trans people in their careers? I will never understand this.

A dog or a cat is not one of the two human genders. Don't play cute. Another classic argument people love to bring up.
So what if therapists/doctors/counselors etc. agree on it not being a mental illness? They say lots of things and will do anything for money, not to mention it's certainly not always been right. Judging by your username you are female, yet I would bet you'd vehemently disagree what therapists/doctors/counselors etc. said about women back in the old days. Just because they believe something doesn't automatically mean it's right.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:36 AM

Quote:
So what if therapists/doctors/counselors etc. agree on it not being a mental illness? They say lots of things and will do anything for money, not to mention it's certainly not always been right. Judging by your username you are female, yet I would bet you'd vehemently disagree what therapists/doctors/counselors etc. said about women back in the old days. Just because they believe something doesn't automatically mean it's right.
So... there goes your entire argument.

If you think doctors are in it for the money and will screw with people's lives, at their own risk, just for some cash, perhaps you've had some bad doctors in your life.

What they believe is more relevant than what YOU believe, as they, again, are the ones working with trans people and helping them. They are the ones with the degrees and specialties and experience working with trans people. They are the ones who have evolved treatments and plans for trans people through the years, and still are evolving, and who help work to determine why transgenderism exists and what the best possible options for trans people are. You may think its all a conspiracy for money or whatever, but in reality that's crazy talk and I don't have time for crazy on the internet, of all places.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:50 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
No one is born a teen.
Teen now. Born female. Stop being deliberately obtuse. It was an honest question. Clearly you can't answer it.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
So... there goes your entire argument.

If you think doctors are in it for the money and will screw with people's lives, at their own risk, just for some cash, perhaps you've had some bad doctors in your life.

What they believe is more relevant than what YOU believe, as they, again, are the ones working with women and helping them. They are the ones with the degrees and specialties and experience working with women. They are the ones who have evolved treatments and plans for women through the years, and still are evolving, and who help work to determine why women do what they do and what the best possible options for women are. You may think its all a conspiracy for money or whatever, but in reality that's crazy talk and I don't have time for crazy on the internet, of all places.
I love how you just skipped over the part I said regarding women. Here, let me edit what you said and tell me if you agree. And yes, often many do just for money. Just check the health and wellness forum, many talk about drs just proscribing whatever is new due to pharma.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I misspoke, I meant in the locker room, not the classroom.

See the link in my previous post. I suspect the number of high school students, male or female, who get completely nude in front of their peers is very small.
They're embarrassed, period. It's not uncommon. Hence my question about a teen (whom was born female) who is gay and doesn't quite ID as male or female...has no desire to make peers uncomfortable in a showering/changing situation. Where should this kid go? They can't answer the question because they are obsessed with the thought that "trans" means creepy guy trying to get a look at girls in the bathroom. Bless their hearts.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Won't work. Large schools don't have hundreds of toilet cubicles in the gym locker/shower room. They don't have private showers, either. You simply cannot provide for hundreds of students at a time without having open multiple occupancy facilities.

The LGBT SJWs can either back off on this, or lose much of the public support they've gained over the years. Their choice.
The WHAT SHOULD THEY DO? Between a rock and a hard place. They either change in a stall, and you say that's impossible, or they change in the general changing area. There is no in between.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:21 AM

Quote:
First you say they need mental help. When it's pointed out to you that it's not a mental illness then mental health folks are wrong. Make up your mind.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:47 AM

Quote:
I love how you just skipped over the part I said regarding women. Here, let me edit what you said and tell me if you agree. And yes, often many do just for money. Just check the health and wellness forum, many talk about drs just proscribing whatever is new due to pharma.
What you said about women was completely irrelevant, and now your edit of my post makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
First you say they need mental help. When it's pointed out to you that it's not a mental illness then mental health folks are wrong. Make up your mind.
Yup, what you said.

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 01-09-2017 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies