Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 06:34 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Sounds like Wendy's needs a secret shopper program or even Undercover Boss.

I've been to that Wendy's - I live nearby. The service was very mediocre for the prices charged.
Service was probably appropriate for the wages paid, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 07:14 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Better than getting some weird "special-sauce" on your burger or bleach in your drink.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:29 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
What are you banging on about? Do you support state actors behaving in a criminal manor? That's literally the entire issue here. You are deflecting, by raising an unrelated issue. Fixing our broken police culture is not dependent on civilians stopping crime in their own communities.
Stop blathering about the issue

The ISSUE here is the inappropriate stance by an employee
If Wendys chose as a company to post ... We don't serve police...Fine..I'm OK with that..And they could take the hit

This is about an individual forcing their own belief upon their workplace....Which is NOT why they were hired

As an aside the attitude expressed is part and parcel why we have screwed up police community relations in this country
Fear not..There's a new Sheriff in town..I expect a turn around

Anyone is welcome to step up...Complain..Not so much.. step up internet heros

Old 01-09-2017, 04:54 AM

26,459 posts, read 15,053,236 times
For all we know, the cop acted stupidly. So let's not rush to judgment.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:03 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
For all we know, the cop acted stupidly. So let's not rush to judgment.
Obama was 100% right about that, and you people are still mad. The man spent eight years doing little to nothing for black people, but twice, he came out and said that something was racist, and you people act like he's Marcus Garvey.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:22 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Stop blathering about the issue

The ISSUE here is the inappropriate stance by an employee
If Wendys chose as a company to post ... We don't serve police...Fine..I'm OK with that..And they could take the hit

This is about an individual forcing their own belief upon their workplace....Which is NOT why they were hired

As an aside the attitude expressed is part and parcel why we have screwed up police community relations in this country
Fear not..There's a new Sheriff in town..I expect a turn around

Anyone is welcome to step up...Complain..Not so much.. step up internet heros
" forcing their own belief upon their workplace"

Like how corrupt law enforcement forces their beliefs on we the people even though no ones rights have been violated?
That's called a double standard btw. An employee was rude and was rightfully fired. Why is this a big deal? Because the customer works for the biggest crime unit in America?

Many people cannot stand law enforcement and the reasons are obvious. THAT is what matters.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:56 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
If true, you just fire those who refused to give the police officer service. Not much else needs to be done, although the company should make a statement condemning the employees responsible.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:02 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times
I'd like to know more information or perhaps video of the incident. I don't just automatically believe things people say even if they are wearing a uniform. Amazing that so many people just automatically believe somethings.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:09 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Paradox time.
IF the other patrons, in support of the uniformed officer, rose up, tossed their food around, and messed with the store, would they call the uniformed officer to assist them?

Old 01-09-2017, 02:13 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Obama was 100% right about that, and you people are still mad. The man spent eight years doing little to nothing for black people, but twice, he came out and said that something was racist, and you people act like he's Marcus Garvey.
Actually, he was 50% right..
I am a huge Fan of Henry Louis Gates, but the COPs were called because he was breaking into a home.. HIS OWN HOME.. how come his neighbors didn't know who he was.. anyway.. obviously he was NOT arrested for breaking and entering but he became UPSET and was arrested for disorderly conduct so it appears to me (again, a huge Henry Louis Gates fan) that GATES also acted stupidly... but anyway, this is way off subject..

Wendy's.. argh.. SHAME ON YOU!!! The Employee acted STUPID, that's on him.. but if WENDY's doesn't fire him/her.. SHAME ON THEM!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies