Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 02:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Kinda hard to do when your party is beaten so badly, you have no power left.

It reminds me of Obama these days. i.e. yapping poodle.
Oh, there's plenty of hell that can be raised yet.

No power left? We don't need Democrats to be in power in order to be heard. Ask Reagan or both Bush's if you don't believe it.

Don't let Trump gas your head up into thinking that some new rules are coming regarding this relationship. It ain't happening. We aren't our ancestors. Those days are over, and you conservatives aren't gonna bring them back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
Attn: Congressional Black Caucus

“Racism does not have a good track record. It’s been tried out for a long time and you’d think by now we’d want to put an end to it instead of putting it under new management.”

-Thomas Sowell.
Better address that to the Republican Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 04:00 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Congressional Black Caucus to be more aggressive under Trump - Salon.com

Assuming they want a job and want their neighborhoods drug and gang free and policed the way they should and leave the democrat welfare plantation and join the middle class then President Trump will do more for the black community than Obama ever did.

Im from nyc and I know Trump. I know folks who worked and use to work for him. Trump is usually all talk and action. This is thr sad part that most Americans who voted for him don't know. Any way, Trump needs to be held accountable for statements he made. Trump said he is going to build a wall, and how Mexico is going to pay for it, than let's see it hot shot. He said he was going to bring back factory jobs to the rust belt, let's see it. Trump said he is going to help out black America, than let's see it.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:36 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Trump needs to be held accountable for statements he made. Trump said he is going to build a wall, and how Mexico is going to pay for it, than let's see it hot shot. He said he was going to bring back factory jobs to the rust belt, let's see it. Trump said he is going to help out black America, than let's see it.
I would agree with you that Trump should be held accountable for the things he promised, but in order to do that he deserves the opportunity to put his plans into action. You can't say you'll hold him accountable if you stand in the way of progress.

And by the same token, why don't you hold Obama & Co. accountable for his failures in the last eight years? His entire tenure has been a lot less than he promised, to say the least, and people looked the other way.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:42 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Like I said in another thread...we'll do whatever we want. If we wanna give Trump hell, that's what we're gonna do.
Keep up the liberal attacks by Pelosi. More votes for Republicans as liberals continue to alienate potential democrat voters. More governorships list, more state house losses. Failing liberal policies.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:00 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
So when Trump takes them over his knee and spanks them they'll pretend to struggle and hate it?

Old 01-09-2017, 03:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Keep up the liberal attacks by Pelosi. More votes for Republicans as liberals continue to alienate potential democrat voters. More governorships list, more state house losses. Failing liberal policies.
I don't care about politics. I care about my people.

Like I said, don't let Trump gas you up.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:00 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times
I'm trying to see what's so shocking about that article.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:09 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh, there's plenty of hell that can be raised yet.

No power left? We don't need Democrats to be in power in order to be heard. Ask Reagan or both Bush's if you don't believe it.

Don't let Trump gas your head up into thinking that some new rules are coming regarding this relationship. It ain't happening. We aren't our ancestors. Those days are over, and you conservatives aren't gonna bring them back.

Better address that to the Republican Party.
Sounds like yapping poodles to me.

And do you think that do nothing politicians like Jim Clyburn elected from a district gerrymandered specifically to elect a Black person is going to do anything difficult or hard? Think again. He's got his. Apparently you don't because you support politicians like him.

Democrats have no power.

Yapping Poodle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WovYnLL9Yow

Old 01-09-2017, 04:34 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I would agree with you that Trump should be held accountable for the things he promised, but in order to do that he deserves the opportunity to put his plans into action. You can't say you'll hold him accountable if you stand in the way of progress.

And by the same token, why don't you hold Obama & Co. accountable for his failures in the last eight years? His entire tenure has been a lot less than he promised, to say the least, and people looked the other way.
I'm not standing in his way of nothing. HE can do whatever he feels, and will gain my support. Look the elections are over. We have to put aside our differences and move on. If it makes you feel any better, I did not vote for Hillary either. I also hold Obama for lots of failures in his 8 years as stewardship of the POTUS.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:11 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
Attn: Congressional Black Caucus

“Racism does not have a good track record. It’s been tried out for a long time and you’d think by now we’d want to put an end to it instead of putting it under new management.”

-Thomas Sowell.
Good quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies