Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 11:53 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yes actually he did. Anyone with eyes & ears that function know it to be true, it's on video for all eternity. Living in an alternate reality does not change that fact.
Nope. If you pay attention you'd find he actually didn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m7iA7QZBi4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 11:54 AM

46,955 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
...why didn't she use her platform to say anything about the handicap person who was held hostage for two days and forced to drink toilet water by 4 blacks? Why can't she use it for that?
We hold - well, we are supposed to hold - those with the ultimate in executive power to a higher standard than 4 common thugs who will spend the next many decades locked up.

Actually, Streep addressed the entire power imbalance thing in her speech.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:54 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Same reason she made up a story that all of Hollywood is being deported because they are immigrants. She obviously doesn't pay attention to politics, because she sounded misinformed.
But, of course, this didn't make Meryl "weep." What a fool she is

Old 01-09-2017, 11:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The simple fact is that this is a gesture that Trump was using with completely able-bodied individuals before the "infamous" video, which leads credibility to Trump's claims that he wasn't mocking the individual's disability but merely the individual's "groveling."

Donald Trump's 'impression' of a disabled reporter may have been his 'default' put down | Daily Mail Online

But, of course, leftist media and celebrities won't acknowledge this fact as it goes against their narrative against Trump.
Nope. Continue to deny, anyone with working ears & eyes knows that he did.

46,955 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The simple fact is that this is a gesture that Trump was using with completely able-bodied individuals before the "infamous" video, which leads credibility to Trump's claims that he wasn't mocking the individual's disability but merely the individual's "groveling."
As Ann Coulter put it, it was just a "standard retard". Making it all good in the minds of the Trumpista.

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
...why didn't she use her platform to say anything about the handicap person who was held hostage for two days and forced to drink toilet water by 4 blacks? Why can't she use it for that?

I also don't remember her using her "star power" to talk about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOBTUCv4o0
She doesn't feel bad. Why should she?

Trump used his platform as a fading reality star to question Obama's birth certificate.

And?

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It wasn't that he was getting their consent. It was that as a star and a billionaire he felt entitled and confident that women wouldn't object.

Bill Clinton didn't pay a settlement to someone claiming to have been raped. Paula Jones never accused Bill Clinton of rape.
Trump was talking about the women who wouldnt object. Most stars have learned which are the groupies. Are you really so naive that you don't believe that there are groupies who want to be the sexual targets of famous people.

Paula Jones sued for sexual harassment. Are you saying harassment occurs with consent?

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
If you don't care, why are you wasting your time & energy trying to convince us that you don't care?
Well there are a couple reasons actually. First of all, the comment I replied to made me chuckle. I thought it worthy of a response.

Secondly, isn't the main purpose of forums such as this for people to post and/or read comments featuring a broad range of opinions on the topic from different points of view ?

I thought so anyway :-)

If some would prefer an echo chamber, great, but I love to be challenged. Helps me figure out why I think the way I do. Sometimes I reinforces my current thoughts, sometimes it pushes me to re-evaluate my own opinion on a subject.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:56 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Nope. If you pay attention you'd find he actually didn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m7iA7QZBi4
Nope, he did. Period, end of story.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:56 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
As Ann Coulter put it, it was just a "standard retard". Making it all good in the minds of the Trumpista.
LOL at Kellyanne Conway today.

Basically ~ why do you believe your eyes when Trump is telling you that you didn't see what you saw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies