Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 12:11 AM

195 posts, read 161,423 times

Advertisements

January Jones Says Her Son Doesn't Need a Father Figure to Teach Him '****** Things' |Heat Street

Quote:
Speaking to Red magazine, the actress best known for her role as Betty Draper says that she prefers to parent her five-year-old son Xander without any dad figures in his life. She believes having a strong male influence would do the boy more harm than good.
It's very sad there are women like this out there.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-12-2017 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: profanity

Old 01-09-2017, 12:18 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Meh...her life, her kid. Whaddya want from her?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:21 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
He sure as hell doesn't need a mysogynistic male figure in his life but I'm sure she can find a great "dad" for him that meets her standards. I see her point to a degree but I think it's unfair for the child to consciously want and allow him to grow up without a prominent father figure.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:21 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Maybe she has never been truly loved by a great man. I feel very sorry for her.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:24 AM

979 posts, read 490,814 times
And? Why is this on this forum? Isn't there a parenting forum section?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:29 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
I agree. The state should intervene and take the son away from her and place him in a household that has a strong male presence.

Trump is great. He alone can solve all our problems.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:35 AM

195 posts, read 161,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
He sure as hell doesn't need a mysogynistic male figure in his life but I'm sure she can find a great "dad" for him that meets her standards. I see her point to a degree but I think it's unfair for the child to consciously want and allow him to grow up without a prominent father figure.
Uhh..Clearly by her comments one can tell she's one of those crazed feminazis. I bet her son ends up as one of those weak losers that end up giving in to whatever women say, the kind of man that always lose out to the alpha males and if he does get a woman ends up being used.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:38 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times
Oh yes, crime and poverty and prison stats really back up the greatness of one parent homes. Nothing better for happiness than a teenage boy (or teenage girl) and a single mom struggling. Of course she is hollywood, she isn't going to see most of the poverty problems of a single mom household.

A teenage boy and a single mom is a toxic combo, animals respond to deeper male voices for discipline, maybe teenage kids do as well. Not to mention all the amazing things a father can teach a young man about mechanics and fixing things,fishing,sports,business and being a man and discipline and things a single mom could never teach a teenage boy. A father is not a minor thing in a teenage boys life

https://thefatherlessgeneration.word...om/statistics/

In 2011, 12 percent of children in married-couple families were living in poverty, compared to 44 percent of children in mother-only families

71% of high school dropouts are fatherless; fatherless children have more trouble academically, scoring poorly on tests of reading, mathematics, and thinking skills

90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average. [US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census]

85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)

80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)

75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average.

Children with Fathers who are involved are more likely to enjoy school and engage in extracurricular activities

A study of 13,986 women in prison showed that more than half grew up without their father. In male prison its much higher

Daughters of single parents without a Father involved are 53% more likely to marry as teenagers, 71% more likely to have children as teenagers, 164% more likely to have a pre-marital birth and 92% more likely to get divorced themselves.

90% of homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes. [US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census]

80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes. [Criminal Justice & Behaviour, Vol 14, pp. 403-26, 1978]

Hollywood and the media is an illness in America

Last edited by floridanative10; 01-09-2017 at 12:56 AM..

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Uhh..Clearly by her comments one can tell she's one of those crazed feminazis. I bet her son ends up as one of those weak losers that end up giving in to whatever women say, the kind of man that always lose out to the alpha males and if he does get a woman ends up being used.
As opposed to being a man who gets whatever he wants and runs things because he and the women he is with are taught that life is supposed to work that way? No thanks.

Maybe January Jones wants to teach her son more about equality in a relationship, and wants to break traditional old gender roles that still stubbornly stick around.

That being said, I still think this is a bad idea and again, there must be SOMEONE she can find that she likes enough, the type of person he is and what he stands for, to be around her son. It's not fair to the child to deliberately deprive him of a father.

979 posts, read 490,814 times
Quote:
So true, it would be so much better when a boy grows up to beat women whenever they get out of place and speak up against their man. You seem to be weirdly obsessed with how some random person chooses to raise their child....that seems very odd to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies