Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:47 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,247,711 times

Advertisements

Those of us who are of European heritage (caucasian) are becoming a minority. This post is outrageous! In a few years, when caucasians are the "minority," will the OP be asking - "why don't minorities take responsibility in this country?" This is nonsensical.

Has anyone looked at the census break downs on race and the changing demographics in this country? Why should it even occupy anyone's mind - this subject of "race?" Who cares what race anyone is? We are all just souls sent down and put in these earthly bodies . . . it is all an accident of birth how we look, where we live, who our parents are . . . to have discussions about such inane topics as this . . . well . . . this is 19th century stuff. We are in the 21st century. We should be far past someone's skin color.

I can promise you, if an alien race suddenly showed up on this planet, no one would be giving a rat's A$$ what color his/her neighbor is . . . we would all be joining hands to preserve HUMANKIND.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 07:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,530,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

I can promise you, if an alien race suddenly showed up on this planet, no one would be giving a rat's A$$ what color his/her neighbor is . . . we would all be joining hands to preserve HUMANKIND.
Sounds like an idea that could be made into a MOVIE.....hmmmmm...

(Seriously, though, it's altogether true..not ONLY in the case of an "alien invasion", but how about ANY world-wide cataclysm? Ice Age? Climate collapse? Earthquakes? Suddenly, "race" would mean VERY little, other than the "human" variety)...

Old 03-02-2008, 08:19 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I concede your point--however, I'm not altogether convinced that these places were all that "nice" to live in BEFORE they were colonized. There may be SOME grain of truth in some of this...but I strongly suspect life in MOST of these places was harsh, tough, and FAR from fair, long before the "colonizers" ever HEARD of them....No one is promoting the 'virtues' of colonialism, by any means--but I doubt that it was responsible for ALL of the problems of the "third world", or even MOST. I think these places had plenty of "home-grown" abuses that had nothing to do with being colonized.

Remember, MOST colonial powers didn't actually overwhelm their 'victims' by force...they "bought" and "cajoled" their way in, usually by dealing with some local "warlord" or "strongman", who was MORE than happy to deal with the foreigners, and perfectly willing to 'sell out' his neighbors to do so...That would not have been possible, if these societies were united and democratic.

Even today, the "west" doesn't STEAL oil from Arabs--it BUYS oil from Arabs who are "crooked" enough that they don't CARE if the profits reach down to the "man in the street". If you're going to deal at ALL with third-world nations, you're going to be dealing with corruption, by definition. No matter WHO you deal with, you can be fairly confident that SOMEONE is being 'left out' of the deal. If this wasn't so, this wouldn't be called the "third world"...
I can't and wont speak for EVERY place but I will tackle W. Africa and Mid East as I am muslim and well versed in Islamic history.

In west africa you must remember we had universities and libraries before Europe ever did. Think about Mali and Songhay Empire for example. We had healtchare, judicial systems and such. In North Africa and Mid east there were great civilizations, doctors/healthcare, even a form of social security system long before the west had it. Education thrived and so did thinking. Remember it was Muslims from Mid East, Africa and Persia who helped bring about the renaissance in Europe. I am not saying these societies were some utopia because that would be foolish on my part. What I am saying is, they were modern (for the time) thriving civilizations which if given a chance (with out outside influence) could have been just as great as any European country given time. Colonization and the things that came along with it were devastating. Indigenous thinking was suppressed, puppet governments put in place etc. When the colonizers left they still did (and still do) keep people in power which are favorable to them.

I should add this is not for all of W. Africa. Parts were not as developed, just as parts of Europe wasn't and isn't to day. You can go to areas in Europe and you will see they live a more rudimentary life as compared to more developed nations.

But to the topic though, just as you can not dismiss colonization's affects on these countries (and yes people do still blame colonizers for their transgressions) you can not dismiss the affects of slavery, jim crow and other social ills affects on African American society. Like I said before, people this is a complex matter. No amount of posting statistics, and posting Cosby videos from youtube is going to shed any light on the matter.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,530,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I can't and wont speak for EVERY place but I will tackle W. Africa and Mid East as I am muslim and well versed in Islamic history.

In west africa you must remember we had universities and libraries before Europe ever did. Think about Mali and Songhay Empire for example. We had healtchare, judicial systems and such. In North Africa and Mid east there were great civilizations, doctors/healthcare, even a form of social security system long before the west had it. Education thrived and so did thinking. Remember it was Muslims from Mid East, Africa and Persia who helped bring about the renaissance in Europe. I am not saying these societies were some utopia because that would be foolish on my part. What I am saying is, they were modern (for the time) thriving civilizations which if given a chance (with out outside influence) could have been just as great as any European country given time. Colonization and the things that came along with it were devastating. Indigenous thinking was suppressed, puppet governments put in place etc. When the colonizers left they still did (and still do) keep people in power which are favorable to them.

I should add this is not for all of W. Africa. Parts were not as developed, just as parts of Europe wasn't and isn't to day. You can go to areas in Europe and you will see they live a more rudimentary life as compared to more developed nations.

But to the topic though, just as you can not dismiss colonization's affects on these countries (and yes people do still blame colonizers for their transgressions) you can not dismiss the affects of slavery, jim crow and other social ills affects on African American society. Like I said before, people this is a complex matter. No amount of posting statistics, and posting Cosby videos from youtube is going to shed any light on the matter.
Points well taken. It's well known that the Arabs were instrumental in such things as astronomy, mathematics, and medicine, long before the "west" discovered these things. Exactly WHY they fell behind, and the West was able to surpass them, is no doubt due to MANY reasons, partially due to their OWN failings, and partially due to Western aggression....VERY interesting, and VERY complex subject....

Old 03-02-2008, 08:36 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,247,711 times
Quote:
Sounds like an idea that could be made into a MOVIE.....hmmmmm...

(Seriously, though, it's altogether true..not ONLY in the case of an "alien invasion", but how about ANY world-wide cataclysm? Ice Age? Climate collapse? Earthquakes? Suddenly, "race" would mean VERY little, other than the "human" variety)...
Exactly. We are all people . . . too bad we end up separating ourselves into separate categories based on how much melatonin we have in our skin. <Hearing John Lennon's "Imagination" in the background >

Old 03-02-2008, 08:48 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,330,909 times
Quote:
Points well taken. It's well known that the Arabs were instrumental in such things as astronomy, mathematics, and medicine, long before the "west" discovered these things. Exactly WHY they fell behind, and the West was able to surpass them, is no doubt due to MANY reasons, partially due to their OWN failings, and partially due to Western aggression....VERY interesting, and VERY complex subject....
Don't give the Arabs so much credit, Persians, Africans and Arabs all played a role in this learning. However these centers of learning were generally in the mid east. Scholars traveled from all over the Muslim world to these centers and contributed to this knowledge. As for why, yes the reasons are many but one important one is colonization, the mid east was carved up just as Africa was and puppets were put in to rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Exactly. We are all people . . . too bad we end up separating ourselves into separate categories based on how much melatonin we have in our skin. <Hearing John Lennon's "Imagination" in the background >
it is much easier to govern a divided society than a unified one.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 AM

21 posts, read 42,448 times
What I hear from most of you, although many of you are right, is that the some "AA"s are still victims. And some of you have stated that "AA's" are "not over it" because they are still living with the pple that opressed them. That the white people are a constant reminders of how they were in slavery. To the point, that if you remain a victim no victory can come. I think some of the leaders like Al Sharpton and Jesse utlizes the "victim" i.e. "racism" for their own personal gain to continually keep the uneducated blacks down. (and all your ideals and excuses don't help)Why don't you start holding the poor uneducated blacks to a higher standard as you expect of other races.

Do you think that I am racist? Not always the case, however, the problem for me is that the Al Sharpton's and the Jesse's of the world continually use "racism" (which is a cop-out for victim) as a way to get what they want that is unwarrented. There are many minority communities that get what they want w/o using the race card. And how do you expect us to be in uniform if you continue to tell us that we are racist when we are not? And, what about the middle class "whites" that work hard and their kid can't get a scholorship because he is not black or latino. The whites think that they are being discriminated against because of thier color. We "need" the minorities to move on so that we can ALL be equal based on merit and not get special treatment because of color, sex....

The book that Bill Cosby wrote should be called "Move on People" rather than "Come on People" and that this should be encouraged by their own learders. No matter how hard the situation, and how different the AA opression, common sense dictates that that at some point you have to accept and "move on".

At this point, no one is holding the AA's down, but themselves. And why do I say the AA's because they are the ones that use the race card the most! To that point, I hope that this makes them mad enough to say, you can say whatever you want of me. I don't care. I will show you!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:13 AM

746 posts, read 842,347 times
NYCL and Tigger, here are the facts, that you sorely would rather omit from you argument, that Bill Cosby does not omit from his. Bill Cosby made those statements and directed them at poor blacks only! Many poor, middle, upper, and rich blacks, including myself agreed with him, but the unexpected racial vitriol that poured out from the non-black community in an attempt to use his words against the entire black community shocked and sadden Mr. Cosby. This prompted him to say I’m sorry I said it in front of such a large audience, because I knew they would use my words against me to attack “all” blacks. (I’m adlibbing etc.) You sir have done exactly what he worried non-black members of the community would do and that is to pervert his words to attack the entire black community. The issue I have with you is consistently say things like, “they don’t take responsibility, they complain and do not work hard, you consistently attempt to use a collectivist approach to attack all blacks and that just does not fly with me. You clearly have an issue with blacks and you hid behind the title of your Thread to do so. You continue to claim the following In relation to what you cited about inner city blacks i would have to say those alarming statistics are true, but i could cite equally alarming statistics about the white, asian, and hispanic underclass, so when you attempt to make it a collectivist racial issue you do nothing but incite flame wars, but as long as your doing it to black people it seems to be ok.

“I moved to this country over 30 years ago and I always thought, very curious that the African Americans just do not take responsibility for their own success (not all BTW). When I saw this show on Oprah, I said finally, long over due, he is saying what needs to be said. Give me your thoughts.”-Your post

Here are some quick facts, what BLACKS are you talking about? Can you be a little more specific are you talking about the 75% that are above the poverty level? Are you talking about the 89% that are working in the labor force? Are you talking about the 35 million that are not in jail or have not gone to jail? I knew exactly who Bill Cosby was talking about, but you sir obviously do not, so could you explain to me which Blacks are not taking responsibility, or complaining about slavery? Please go in to detail when you decide you're ready to explain which ones you are referring to? In fact if you have recently taken a poll of all 36 million blacks could you post the information as to the number that responded to the "Slavery Question?" I would like to see how many of the 36 million responded to Yes, Slavery is what is holding me back. Please post and cite that information.

Black Population
36.2 Million http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab1.pdf

5.5 million Age 15-29 of the population or 15%
1.0 million are in jail less than 2% of the population
13.0 million are either family (couples or single parent) or non-family households (non-family refers to single individuals etc)
8.9 million are family households or 55.3% of those households are married couple families or headed by a father
8.5 million Families own their own home
5.0 million are headed by a single mother
16.7 million of the population above the age of 25 has either graduated from high school, has an associate degree or some college, or graduated with a bachelor’s degree or more.
14.9 million are employed in the labor force (89% of working population)
1.7 million are unemployed (10.7% of working population)
8.8 million are below the poverty level (24% as a group)
27.1 million are above the poverty level (76% as a group)
5.4 million of the families make above the the national median income

Let me again break-out the segment of blacks Bill Cosby is referring to in his book and when he made the comments

1.0 Million in Jail
8.8 Million below the poverty level (5.5 million of these are headed by single mothers, and they have high rates of crime, single parents, and every last ill thing associated with poverty. However, if you continue to persist I’ll break out both the white and asian poor and you’ll see how high the rate of single mothers, poverty, and crime is in those segments. Notice no one would ever attempt to gross generalize their underclass with the entire population like you have done with blacks. Why do you have such a concern for the "black underclass" and not the white underclass, which in numbers is much larger by about 10 million people?
4.0 million that do not have a high school education

So what about the 27.1 million or 75% that take care of business and are responsible, why did you omit them in your little racist diatribe about poor blacks?

Bill Cosby certainly did not include them in his diatribe about poor blacks. In fact his exact words were “The poor blacks are not holding up their end of the bargain.” The only people that have attempted to use his words as fuel to dose the entire black community have been racist, which you clearly are. However, this is not over my next few responses to your garbage will totally make you look extremely foolish.

Next Response will contain comparisons between

Black Americans vs South Koreans
Education Attainment
Median Income
Population that makes above 75,000
High School graduation rate
Total Size of Economy

[Mod edited]

Here are the percentage break-downs and work cited from the census

53.7% (either Married, Divorced, Separated, or Widowed) http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab2.pdf (broken link)
44.4% (Never Married)
65% are considered “Family Households” http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab3.pdf
55.3% of those households are married couple families or headed by a father http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab4.pdf
44.7% are headed by females only
17.6% have a college degree or more
80.6% have either high school diploma, associates degree, or bachelor’s degree http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab7.pdf

http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab9.pdf
89.3 that are employed in this country http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab10.pdf
56% (all) that earn equal to or above the national median income http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab14.pdf
62% of black families that earn equal to or above the national median income
http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab15.pdf
75% of blacks above the poverty level http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab16.pdf
77% of black families above the poverty level
http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab17.pdf
54.1% of black families that own their home
http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab18.pdf
http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab20.pdf

What about the 32.1 billion dollar receipts from black owned businesses? Those alone pay for the cost to house the 1.0 million black inmates. Not to mention the Trillion dollar Black Consumer Economy.
http://www.census.gov/apsd/www/statbrief/sb96_03.pdf

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 03-06-2008 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: content-off topic

Old 03-03-2008, 10:49 AM

21 posts, read 42,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
NYCL and Tigger, here are the facts, that you sorely would rather omit from you argument, that Bill Cosby does not omit from his. Bill Cosby made those statements and directed them at poor blacks only! Many poor, middle, upper, and rich blacks, including myself agreed with him, but the unexpected racial vitriol that poured out from the non-black community in an attempt to use his words against the entire black community shocked and sadden Mr. Cosby. This prompted him to say I’m sorry I said it in front of such a large audience, because I knew they would use my words against me to attack “all” blacks. (I’m adlibbing etc.) You sir have done exactly what he worried non-black members of the community would do and that is to pervert his words to attack the entire black community. The issue I have with you is consistently say things like, “they don’t take responsibility, they complain and do not work hard, you consistently attempt to use a collectivist approach to attack all blacks and that just does not fly with me. You clearly have an issue with blacks and you hid behind the title of your Thread to do so. You continue to claim the following In relation to what you cited about inner city blacks i would have to say those alarming statistics are true, but i could cite equally alarming statistics about the white, asian, and hispanic underclass, so when you attempt to make it a collectivist racial issue you do nothing but incite flame wars, but as long as your doing it to black people it seems to be ok.

“I moved to this country over 30 years ago and I always thought, very curious that the African Americans just do not take responsibility for their own success (not all BTW). When I saw this show on Oprah, I said finally, long over due, he is saying what needs to be said. Give me your thoughts.”-Your post

Here are some quick facts, what BLACKS are you talking about? Can you be a little more specific are you talking about the 75% that are above the poverty level? Are you talking about the 89% that are working in the labor force? Are you talking about the 35 million that are not in jail or have not gone to jail? I knew exactly who Bill Cosby was talking about, but you sir obviously do not, so could you explain to me which Blacks are not taking responsibility, or complaining about slavery? Please go in to detail when you decide you're ready to explain which ones you are referring to? In fact if you have recently taken a poll of all 36 million blacks could you post the information as to the number that responded to the "Slavery Question?" I would like to see how many of the 36 million responded to Yes, Slavery is what is holding me back. Please post and cite that information.

Black Population
36.2 Million http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab1.pdf

5.5 million Age 15-29 of the population or 15%
1.0 million are in jail less than 2% of the population
13.0 million are either family (couples or single parent) or non-family households (non-family refers to single individuals etc)
8.9 million are family households or 55.3% of those households are married couple families or headed by a father
8.5 million Families own their own home
5.0 million are headed by a single mother
16.7 million of the population above the age of 25 has either graduated from high school, has an associate degree or some college, or graduated with a bachelor’s degree or more.
14.9 million are employed in the labor force (89% of working population)
1.7 million are unemployed (10.7% of working population)
8.8 million are below the poverty level (24% as a group)
27.1 million are above the poverty level (76% as a group)
5.4 million of the families make above the the national median income

Let me again break-out the segment of blacks Bill Cosby is referring to in his book and when he made the comments

1.0 Million in Jail
8.8 Million below the poverty level (5.5 million of these are headed by single mothers, and they have high rates of crime, single parents, and every last ill thing associated with poverty. However, if you continue to persist I’ll break out both the white and asian poor and you’ll see how high the rate of single mothers, poverty, and crime is in those segments. Notice no one would ever attempt to gross generalize their underclass with the entire population like you have done with blacks. Why do you have such a concern for the "black underclass" and not the white underclass, which in numbers is much larger by about 10 million people?
4.0 million that do not have a high school education

So what about the 27.1 million or 75% that take care of business and are responsible, why did you omit them in your little racist diatribe about poor blacks?

Bill Cosby certainly did not include them in his diatribe about poor blacks. In fact his exact words were “The poor blacks are not holding up their end of the bargain.” The only people that have attempted to use his words as fuel to dose the entire black community have been racist, which you clearly are. However, this is not over my next few responses to your garbage will totally make you look extremely foolish.

Next Response will contain comparisons between

Black Americans vs South Koreans
Education Attainment
Median Income
Population that makes above 75,000
High School graduation rate
Total Size of Economy

[Mod edited]

Here are the percentage break-downs and work cited from the census

53.7% (either Married, Divorced, Separated, or Widowed) http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab2.pdf (broken link)
44.4% (Never Married)
65% are considered “Family Households” http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab3.pdf
55.3% of those households are married couple families or headed by a father http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab4.pdf
44.7% are headed by females only
17.6% have a college degree or more
80.6% have either high school diploma, associates degree, or bachelor’s degree http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab7.pdf

http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab9.pdf
89.3 that are employed in this country http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab10.pdf
56% (all) that earn equal to or above the national median income http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab14.pdf
62% of black families that earn equal to or above the national median income
http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab15.pdf
75% of blacks above the poverty level http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab16.pdf
77% of black families above the poverty level
http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab17.pdf
54.1% of black families that own their home
http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab18.pdf
http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/race/black/ppl-186/tab20.pdf

What about the 32.1 billion dollar receipts from black owned businesses? Those alone pay for the cost to house the 1.0 million black inmates. Not to mention the Trillion dollar Black Consumer Economy.
http://www.census.gov/apsd/www/statbrief/sb96_03.pdf
Not that this really matters, but you want to continue than fine. LOL!I love how the statiscs you chose for example of education/by race for example the latino's and asian's statiscs are grouped together (LOL) and this is for year 2004? Here are the statisics for "all" races septerated, by race, for over 10 years, including 2007.

Educational Attainment

and go the section Historical Tables, Table A-2

I was talking about the same poor blacks that Bill Cosby is speaking about. I am not going to repeat this over and over again. It's getting exhausting. You can continue to dodge the real issues here because you want to focus on the AA's that are successful (they should be commended)...well that's not what the subject is about? Is it?

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 03-06-2008 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: Orphaned content

Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 AM

746 posts, read 842,347 times
[quote=TIGGER04;3015599]Not that this really matters, but you want to continue than fine. LOL!I love how the statiscs you chose for example of education/by race for example the latino's and asian's statiscs are grouped together (LOL) and this is for year 2004? Here are the statisics for "all" races septerated, by race, for over 10 years, including 2007.

Educational Attainment

and go the section Historical Tables, Table A-2

As a white you should be embarrassed, that you've had every advantage of the past 300 years to advance and all you can show for it in today’s society is a college attainment rate of 30% for your population.

You have benefited from a number of anti-competitive government policies, from Jim Crow, Unionization, Apartheid (separate but equal bs), and all you people as a group have to show for it, is at best slightly better numbers than a group you have seemingly attempted to deny all freedoms to. You're a joke!

If you guys could compete freely with competition you'd get destroyed in education and every other seemingly government protected industry you currently dominate.

You have to be kidding me you're out pointing the finger at poor blacks, but what about the poor whites and lower middle class whites, that make up the majority of you population??? Only 30% of you all are living extremely good lives? Explain yourself? Explain to me how you, have wielded every anti-competitive measure to protect yourselves from competition and 200 years later all you have to show for it

Education Attainment level in higher education of 30%

Not to mention only 48% of your race that goes to college ever graduates, but yet you'll call black unqualified for college due to affirmative action?

Explain to me how this is? Why aren't you all further ahead??????????

You point fingers, but in the end all the statistics point to government using countless numbers of protectionist measures to protect your race from competition. Yea, i'm sure you're not a racist, but you fear competition plain and simple, because you and I know you all cannot compete fairly!

Yes, there's a segment of your large population, that can compete, but if you're complaining about affirmative action you're not part of that competitive 30% of your population. Now, why don't you answer all of those questions??? What about the fact, that black American far exceeds almost every predominately white country in the world in education attainment? Explain those numbers, what is their excuse for not being as educated as a bunch of former slaves?

You can attack a group of 8.8 million people, but again you do nothing to help the problem. What about all the Poles, Jews, Italians, and Irish, that terrorized cities of the 1920's with higher murder rates than those individuals in Compton, CA today? How do you explain, those groups of people and their crime sprees???

Do you see my point??? Are will you never see how you COLLECTIVIST do nothing, but stir up trouble for the rest of us smart individualist, that are interested in conquering problems, not creating more by judging people by the color of their skin!

By citing historical educational attainment levels you just helped prove my theory on you. YOu cannot compete and you have been using anti-competitive government policies for hundreds of years, because the smart whites in power have realized this, so they keep protecting you lower whites. Well, it is coming to an end and you'll have to stand on your own two legs. No more Unions, No more government Subsidies to (predomintely white industries), no more restrictions on allowing other groups to fairly compete with you. Lets see what happens if we could only break down the public education sector and get a hold on that, so everyone could get a decent education lets see how the chips would fall. Lets see what happens to the white lower and middle class over the next 50 years. You guys for the first time in history are now open to all sorts of competition from blacks, asians, and hispanics and you're scared to death.

Yea, i'm a liberatarian because it is fair and just to up hold the consistution and allow for free trade amongst everyone! No one should be protected by the government. You all have been protected the longest by any other group and you continue to stand at the government front and back door asking for handouts. I could go through a list of anti-competitive policies, that benefited unskilled white labor at the expense of non-white labor etc. You really do not want to go down the benefits of a freely competitive economy with me. You're luckly after 1870 the government did not up hold its main tenant and responsible to black citzens. It did not protect their rights to freedom and it did not protect their right to freely pursue whatever they wanted to do. It did not protect property rights and a host of other rights it protected for the unskilled white labor. In 1980+ on is the first time all blacks truly got a chance to fairly compete and the gains are tremendous and will continue. The real quesiton is how you're going to compete going into the future without government protectionist measures or bail outs? You should be less worried about 8 million poor undeducated black folks and more worried about the 20% of blacks folks that have gone to college.

Last edited by truthhurts; 03-03-2008 at 11:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies