Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 09:18 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Thank you for bringing real world example instead of hyperbole or flat out lies. Place I worked in college was in the local newspaper with the boss complaining about how ACA would kill his business, yet he only had 6 employees on the books.
My premiums have gone up about 400% in 3 years. I have considered closing in a few years and going to work for a larger company that pays health insurance. So in a round about way it does hurt the self employed and those working for small business, but it doesn't specifically target small business. I for one will be happy when the ACA is repealed. Replace it with either a freer system or a single payer system, I'm not very idealistic, and will be happy either way that reduces my cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But if you are a small business owner who wants to pay a living wage and provide basic medical benefits to your employees then you are absolutely affected by it.

You are simply admitting that more employers will be dropping the coverage and leaving their employees saddled with the burden.

(glad I don't work for you)
Don't pretend like you know others situations. A blanket statement like that is foolish, but that's why half your posts are nonsense.

If a small business is providing health insurance, maybe they will drop their employees. The ACA is not friendly in that regard but that is not what my post was replying to. Multiple previous posters were saying they would be required to give their employees health insurance and I was saying that is not true and it's not.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:47 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
If ZeroHedge says it, it's the truth.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:53 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Smile This election saved small businesses!!!

This is a great thread. Just optimism that the GOP is going to correct the wrongs.

Voters voted for change. Repeal Obamacare and the albatross.

Great time to be American!

Old 01-10-2017, 10:56 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Quote:
LOL. Wall Street Banks universally gave money, Bigly, to Hillary Clinton.
And Trump hired Wall Street fat cats to beg them for money and is rewarding them with the top economic positions in his cabinet. He is also deeply in debt and owned by these banks. Wall Street banks are celebrating and their stocks are doing very well. Privatize the gains and socialize the losses. You will be on the hook.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:30 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Don't pretend like you know others situations. A blanket statement like that is foolish, but that's why half your posts are nonsense.

If a small business is providing health insurance, maybe they will drop their employees. The ACA is not friendly in that regard but that is not what my post was replying to. Multiple previous posters were saying they would be required to give their employees health insurance and I was saying that is not true and it's not.
Calling me names doesn't address the point made.

Furthermore you have only made blanket statements so you lose on that account too. Finally I don't think there are any posts that said small businesses are "required" to provide Obamacare. If there are then maybe you ought to respond to that specific post rather than attack everyone you disagree with.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
And Trump hired Wall Street fat cats to beg them for money and is rewarding them with the top economic positions in his cabinet. He is also deeply in debt and owned by these banks. Wall Street banks are celebrating and their stocks are doing very well. Privatize the gains and socialize the losses. You will be on the hook.
Lots of logical fallacy there.

Trump hired individuals, not banks.

The Trump Corporation borrows money all the time. This is what real estate developers do.

Everyone is celebrating stock gains. Sorry you missed out.

Privatize the gains and socialize the losses is what Obama did with the banking bailout. Not Trump.

Fact of the matter, small business is very happy that Trump, not Hillary, was elected. The links in the OP prove it.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Calling me names doesn't address the point made.

Furthermore you have only made blanket statements so you lose on that account too. Finally I don't think there are any posts that said small businesses are "required" to provide Obamacare. If there are then maybe you ought to respond to that specific post rather than attack everyone you disagree with.
Compression stated he would have to provide health insurance to his 2 employees, it was a very long post, so I did not quote it. But my post was very clear in what it was regarding. Small business are still mostly exempt from ACA rules. Obamacare has seen premiums raise significantly which I said in my post, so that will effect everyone.

You made assumptions about my post. I had one point to make and I clearly made it, it's not my fault if you want to read things that aren't there. You made the assumption that I am a bad employer by your sly remark so getting upset at me calling you names is silly when you started it.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:06 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Smile Trump is ahead in most polls.

Quote:
Lots of logical fallacy there.

Trump hired individuals, not banks.

The Trump Corporation borrows money all the time. This is what real estate developers do.

Everyone is celebrating stock gains. Sorry you missed out.

Privatize the gains and socialize the losses is what Obama did with the banking bailout. Not Trump.

Fact of the matter, small business is very happy that Trump, not Hillary, was elected. The links in the OP prove it.
Forgot about the stock gains. Even Meryl Streep is probably happy that the Dow is up to record levels because of Trump. This is great!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies