Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 07:57 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
Its a mixture of both.

And can we remember that much of Europe doesn't have birthright citizenship-- you can be born and bred in France/ 100 years of your family/ and try and assimilate as much as you won't be will never be a citizen-- that breeds resentment--

And sorry, the Irish weren't welcomed in America either.

Groups need time to assimilate.
Ok gotta get out and Live!

Its fun out there, get off the Forum!
Okay, if you were resentful, would you grab an ax and go on a rampage on a train? Would you drive a truck through a crowd of people attending a festival? Would you go to Syria to chop off some heads and enslave a bunch of women with ISIS? I say, if they feel marginalized and turn to that type of behavior, then who needs 'em?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 08:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
If you've ever heard former CIA Interrogator, James Mitchell, speak, or read anything he's written, you'll already know this. He was involved with interrogating Khalid Sheikh Mohammed,the mastermind behind 9/11.

One of Mohammed's quotes from Mitchell:

Quote:
“It would be nice,” [KSM] said, if al-Qa’ida or like-minded Islamists could bring America to its knees with catastrophic attacks, but that was unlikely to happen; “not practical” is the wording he used. … He said the terror attacks were good, but the “practical” way to defeat America was through immigration and by outbreeding non-Muslims. He said jihadi-minded brothers would immigrate into the United States, taking advantage of the welfare system to support themselves while they spread their jihadi message. They will wrap themselves in America’s rights and laws for protection … and then, only when they were strong enough, rise up and … relentlessly continue their attacks and the American people eventually would become so tired, so frightened, and so weary of war that they would just want it to end.

“Eventually,” KSM said, “America will expose her neck to us for slaughter.”
He was successful on 9/11. Why would anyone choose to remain stupid about the intentions they've made clear??

Old 01-11-2017, 05:35 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Why anyone in the US thinks bringing large numbers of Muslim refugees into the US would have different results than Europe has seen is incomprehensible.
AMEN, it seems to me, today in our 2017 world, a whole lot of people refuse to even consider the facts....they are right regardless....and if you disagree with them, your dirt...which brings to mind another much bigger problem, the ability, or lack thereof to learn....you learn and grow until the time you die, and if you refuse to even consider learning anything other then your own personal culture and beliefs, you stagnate yourself.....

Old 01-11-2017, 09:35 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
FEARMONGERING? Have you been reading this thread -

more people are killed by drunk drivers than terrorism in this country--

and yea
just bring our troops home- all for that--

I don't think the Okinawaiins want our presence either.

Arghhh I keep talking to people drinking the Koolaid.
I'm not even a Trump supporter, I'm just affording him the same defense against stupid partisan accusations that I provided when President Obama came into office.

Congrats, I look at you and just see the same wild eyed partisan insanity that I saw in the birthers.

Koolaid lmao.....that's especially rich because the birthers used to call me stuff similar to that like an Obama nut hugger etc etc. because I told them they full of it.

But you keep fighting the good fight he's going to start WW3 and slash social security and eat babies.....lmao.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:38 AM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
The west’s new answer to civil wars and terrorist insurgencies is to throw open the borders and welcome all comers to the social safety net? So what stops the terrorists, because this sounds like a terrorist’s victory: damaging the west by financial and social means, periodic attacks from within the refugee population, and recruiting host-nation citizens locally for the international fight.

Accepting refugees is a stupid, non-solution.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:19 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
A large section of our population do want us to be involved in humanitarian relief, taking in refugees is not a new concept. I will grant you this, a lot of those people myself included live in places where the relocation costs would be prohibitive therefore we don't see refugees, to me that's an abstract concept of helping people but i don't deal with them on my kids school or anything like that.
Yet that section (which is not as large as you would like to pretend) are the biggest "NIMBY's" in this nation. The current administration is dumping unskilled, uneducated "refugees" from a violent, primitive culture incompatible with American cultures and values, specifically religious freedom, respect for women and respect for individual rights. And they are dumping them disproportionately in states that are least able to accommodate them. Those with smaller towns, limited resources, few jobs. And AGAINST the will of the people of those states. Most of the people supporting importing unvetted Islamists are hypocrites when it comes to settling them in their neighborhood. Now, just how many live in Chappaqua, NY, in the gated community where the Clinton's live?

Old 01-11-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Were those Afghans uneducated unskilled refugees? The educated/skilled and moneyed classes are not representative of refugee populations.

A good friend of ours lives up by Lewiston, Maine where a lot of Somali refugees settled. She says some of them literally live like animals, taking the doors off of kitchen cabinets and adding mesh so as to raise chickens in their apartments. Apartments are uninhabitable when they leave. Young Somali males have formed gangs around drug activities, and living on entitlements is a common career choice. Of course there are a few success stories too, but they are not the norm.
I have heard this from a very reputable source....they live in apartments, 5 - 10 families....kids running all around, dirty, no shoes, etc....when the police go out, they say they can hardly enter the apartments b/c of the smell....and yes, they sneak animals in.

awful....and primitive....

Old 01-11-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The west’s new answer to civil wars and terrorist insurgencies is to throw open the borders and welcome all comers to the social safety net? So what stops the terrorists, because this sounds like a terrorist’s victory: damaging the west by financial and social means, periodic attacks from within the refugee population, and recruiting host-nation citizens locally for the international fight.

Accepting refugees is a stupid, non-solution.
I'm so glad SOME people are finally waking up...this is not a racist issue, this is humanitarian and the safety of America.

You want refugees in, let them come and live next to you....awful situation....I explained months ago, how we had one family move next to our community....then another came and another, and they drove thru the community, shooting guns out their car windows....everyone moved out and when they moved out, these Syrians, bought those homes and now house their relative. They hung animals up in their back yards to bleed out for their religious holidays?

Old 01-11-2017, 10:50 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Looks like someone's Facebook post. No name of doctor. No name of hospital.

Not credible.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:54 AM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm so glad SOME people are finally waking up...this is not a racist issue, this is humanitarian and the safety of America.

You want refugees in, let them come and live next to you....awful situation....I explained months ago, how we had one family move next to our community....then another came and another, and they drove thru the community, shooting guns out their car windows....everyone moved out and when they moved out, these Syrians, bought those homes and now house their relative. They hung animals up in their back yards to bleed out for their religious holidays?
yep. agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies