Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 04:02 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
I just thought of this...

Trump essentially OWNS the weed states.

At the turn of a hand he can have Sessions and the rest of the wonderful team he established shut down the weed shops, taking away a major revenue source for blue states (which they use to fund their handout programs to turn themselves blue in the first place.)

I wouldn't be surprised if weed-legal states become a thing of the past by the end of January.
Don't care, and I live in one of those states. Weed. No weed. Matters not to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 04:02 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
At one time everyone was in favor of this, only recently has it been some state's decisions to go against this. I'm all for state's rights, I'm just saying that Trump has some major leverage over the weed states.
I wuz fur it before I were again it...

Old 01-10-2017, 04:03 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
At one time everyone was in favor of this, only recently has it been some state's decisions to go against this. I'm all for state's rights, I'm just saying that Trump has some major leverage over the weed states.

This is not like the slamming down our throats of gay marriage legalization, where some states were opposed to it prior to the decision.

What's the Constitutional basis for not allowing gay marriage?

And neither smoking weed nor gay marriage affect those who choose not to participate.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:04 PM

626 posts, read 380,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I wuz fur it before I were again it...
Some extraordinary intelligence and thoughtful insight from a snowflake liberal on display right here folks!

Old 01-10-2017, 04:04 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if weed-legal states become a thing of the past by the end of January.
I'll take that bet.

I wouldn't be surprised if weed is legal in all 50 states within a year now that we have drug warrior Obama out of the way.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I'll take that bet.

I wouldn't be surprised if weed is legal in all 50 states within a year now that we have drug warrior Obama out of the way.
Do you seriously believe Trump is more sympathetic to weed smokers?

Old 01-10-2017, 04:06 PM

626 posts, read 380,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What's the Constitutional basis for not allowing gay marriage?

And neither smoking weed nor gay marriage affect those who choose not to participate.
Year after year people in most states rejected same-sex marriages prior to the Supreme Court decision. But no... the Supreme Court made a blanket decision.

Yea... good job buddy! It doesn't affect people who chose to not participate. Groundbreaking...

Old 01-10-2017, 04:07 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Some extraordinary intelligence and thoughtful insight from a snowflake liberal on display right here folks!
I'm a liberal living in a weed state, and I don't care either way. You wanna do away with alcohol and cigarettes at the same time? Feel free. Matters not to me.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:08 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
I just thought of this...

Trump essentially OWNS the weed states.

At the turn of a hand he can have Sessions and the rest of the wonderful team he established shut down the weed shops, taking away a major revenue source for blue states (which they use to fund their handout programs to turn themselves blue in the first place.)

Why?

Trump has been against drug possession laws. i.e. He favors legalization.

Did you simply assume that he is anti-Pot based on some sort of obsolete left vs right paradigm?

Old 01-10-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Year after year people in most states rejected same-sex marriages prior to the Supreme Court decision. But no... the Supreme Court made a blanket decision.

Yea... good job buddy! It doesn't affect people who chose to not participate. Groundbreaking...
And Constitutional decisions shouldn't be nationwide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies