Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:23 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Putting aside my and my generations's diseases, I have seen Shingles, both with my husband who HAD a Shingles vaccination and my 32 SIL who I DIAGNOSED having seen it with my husband. My SIL would not have been given that vaccination because he was TOO YOUNG. I suppose you think it should be required for everyone who has ever had chicken pox regardless of age? Both my husband and my SIL were in such "pain" that they both went to work for a work before ever going to a doctor. Does that sound what like your TV Ad's say? Frankly, in just my own circle, I have heard of far more YOUNG Adults getting Shingles than Seniors, vaccinations or not. Adults are not getting their Chicken Pox "boosters" from their own children and grandkids not getting Chicken Pox because of vaccination. Creating a disease from a vaccination requiring another vaccine.

I suppose Trump and I were rare and SO LUCKY to have escaped Polio in NYC by the time we were school age before that vaccine came out? Millions of us? As I said, we probably WERE exposed to it and never developed any symptoms. Not EVERYONE did, anymore than EVERYONE is going to die without a Flu Shot.

As for whooping cough, and mumps now it seems, that depends on Adults getting more and more boosters, which cannot be legislated. As I said about the flu, if someone doesn't have the disease, they cannot give it to anybody else. When you start demanding ADULT boosters, unlike children who you can keep out of school, you are going to run into big time problems. I have two grandkids ages 1 and almost 3. I do not have WHOOPING COUGH so how am I going to give it to them????? Every other disease, I had as a child and have LIFETIME IMMUNITY from those diseases, so I won't be giving them to anyone. My generation paid our "dues" with these diseases and now are reaping the BENEFITS (unlike questionable vaccines). Mumps outbreaks. Does 2 shots work or maybe we need 3 SHOTS? Big Pharms love this. More is better. Having Mumps itself gives LIFETIME IMMUNITY. If it hasn't been pulled in today's world, go watch an old Leave it Beaver when Beav got the Mumps and see what the reaction was to that. Or when Marsha got Chicken Pox. Their parents laughed about it, as did the general public. It would be similar today about someone getting the FLU, much to the chagrin of the vaccine pushers.

While I'm glad your husband and SIL had mild shingles reaction, that's not at all common among those I know, myself included, who have had it. I couldn't wear clothes for over a week even while on medication for it because even a light skirt brushing on the rash that extended from my hip to knee on my outer thigh made me scream. Yes, scream. Out loud. With tears. It was the worst pain I've ever experienced, and I had a bone marrow biopsy without sedation. Numerous doctors (and tattoo artists!) have commented on my high pain tolerance. And yet shingles pain made me virtually suicidal and took over a month to resolve. Almost 6 years later, I still get intermittent severe pain in the area (the rest of the time it is completely numb). Another friend developed shingles on her face in her 20s and is now mostly blind in one eye.

The chickenpox vaccine makes it so that you do not develop shingles later on in life. Because I had chickenpox, that virus can be reactivated in my body at any time and I can develop shingles again. The vaccine became common after I had the disease, and I so wish I had the opportunity to avoid shingles and the severe pain I live with due to it. I'm sure my friend would, you know, rather not have vision loss. And because we've had shingles, the likelihood of developing it again is high.

Does my uncle reap the benefits of the brain damage from measles he got as a kid? What about men who are infertile due to mumps? People who can't walk due to polio? Infants dying to pneumonia due to measles or whooping cough because they weren't old enough to be vaccinated? Or college kids dropping dead from meningitis?

Old 01-13-2017, 07:30 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
While I'm glad your husband and SIL had mild shingles reaction, that's not at all common among those I know, myself included, who have had it. I couldn't wear clothes for over a week even while on medication for it because even a light skirt brushing on the rash that extended from my hip to knee on my outer thigh made me scream. Yes, scream. Out loud. With tears. It was the worst pain I've ever experienced, and I had a bone marrow biopsy without sedation. Numerous doctors (and tattoo artists!) have commented on my high pain tolerance. And yet shingles pain made me virtually suicidal and took over a month to resolve. Almost 6 years later, I still get intermittent severe pain in the area (the rest of the time it is completely numb). Another friend developed shingles on her face in her 20s and is now mostly blind in one eye.

The chickenpox vaccine makes it so that you do not develop shingles later on in life. Because I had chickenpox, that virus can be reactivated in my body at any time and I can develop shingles again. The vaccine became common after I had the disease, and I so wish I had the opportunity to avoid shingles and the severe pain I live with due to it. I'm sure my friend would, you know, rather not have vision loss. And because we've had shingles, the likelihood of developing it again is high.

Does my uncle reap the benefits of the brain damage from measles he got as a kid? What about men who are infertile due to mumps? People who can't walk due to polio? Infants dying to pneumonia due to measles or whooping cough because they weren't old enough to be vaccinated? Or college kids dropping dead from meningitis?
Yep. My best friend developed shingles two years ago. Her experience was very similar to what you describe. She said nothing helped moderate the pain. She literally wanted to die, and she is terrified of experiencing another attack.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:59 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
I would like to point out that people can still get shingles after chickenpox vaccination, but it is much, much, much less common than after chickenpox disease. Just saying that to be on the up and up about vaccines.
Can the Chickenpox Vaccine Cause Shingles Later in Life?

Old 01-13-2017, 12:05 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
That's caused by punctures.

That's why I avoid shots.

Stainless steel is a productive and comfortable surface for bacteria. Copper, zinc and silver kill bacteria.

"Tetanus is caused by an infection with the bacterium Clostridium tetani, which is commonly found in soil, saliva, dust, and manure."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetanu...alized_tetanus
Now, see, that mercury kills pathogens right at the site.

I don't think that's ever been explained as to its major use.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:07 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
I bring this up because this hysteria started in 1998 with this man. This is what caused everything. Yet now it's had a snowball effect and the Anti-Vaxxers deliberately ignore this. The original study was discredited. The author of the study manipulated the results to achieve a conclusion.

"An investigation published by the British medical journal BMJ concludes the study's author, Dr. Andrew Wakefield, misrepresented or altered the medical histories of all 12 of the patients whose cases formed the basis of the 1998 study -- and that there was "no doubt" Wakefield was responsible.

According to BMJ, Wakefield received more than 435,000 pounds ($674,000) from the lawyers. Godlee said the study shows that of the 12 cases Wakefield examined in his paper, five showed developmental problems before receiving the MMR vaccine and three never had autism."

Wakefield has been unable to reproduce his results in the face of criticism, and other researchers have been unable to match them. Most of his co-authors withdrew their names from the study in 2004 after learning he had had been paid by a law firm that intended to sue vaccine manufacturers -- a serious conflict of interest he failed to disclose. After years on controversy, the Lancet, the prestigious journal that originally published the research, retracted Wakefield's paper last February."

Retracted autism study an 'elaborate fraud,' British journal finds - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies