Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 10:45 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The solution is unisex RRs for all, all built with stalls, with dressing and locker rooms based on current physical biology.
LGBT SJWs refuse to accept the latter. Now what?

Old 02-19-2017, 11:14 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
I never got a clear answer from the poster talking about how having a trans in the RR with him would make him uncomfortable was going to be able to know this. Did he make it a habit to try and see other mens penises when in the RR? Did he peek into the stalls to look at those choosing to go more privately? How exactly is this figured out?
It seems really odd. Most likely the ones against transgendered people living their lives are straight (gays tend to stick up for their own group except for asking the bisexuals to pick a side) so why would you want to look at other men's genitalia? Why would you even be thinking about it?

I wouldn't think men would be so nitpicky about it because they don't care about RR courtesy anyway. Many men don't even wash their hands and also leave the seat up when going in a regular toilet.
So it's obviously not a question of them needing courtesy (unless you are the rare man that washes their hands and doesn't leave the seat up in which case ignore this part)

I'm a bit picky about the smell of the bathroom but I couldn't care less about who's in there. I'm just there to pee wash my hands and get out. As far as I'm concerned crap and pee are all the same whether it's a lady or a guy (we try to pretend we're more fresh as ladies and we try but the bodily functions smell just as bad esp when you add in menstruation)

Old 02-19-2017, 11:16 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

That's the problem. LGBT SJWs have yet to offer a solution to that problem.
No, the problem is that they fail to see any problem, allowing emotion to blind them to reality.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:20 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
LGBT SJWs refuse to accept the latter. Now what?

Who knows? Im just giving my opinion on the logical way to handle it. But THIS issue doesnt conflate with letting the trans live their lives in all other aspects without abuse and harassment. It is not necessary to harass them because you disagree with the stupidity of allowing them in locker rooms.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:09 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Who knows? Im just giving my opinion on the logical way to handle it. But THIS issue doesnt conflate with letting the trans live their lives in all other aspects without abuse and harassment. It is not necessary to harass them because you disagree with the stupidity of allowing them in locker rooms.
They consider asking them for proof that they're actually transgender before allowing them access to the opposite anatomical sex's multiple occupancy changing/locker/shower rooms to be harassment. So, now what?

Old 02-19-2017, 02:57 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pLZwUSDtYU

Wayne Fontana settled this 50 years ago. Nothing new has been added since.

"The purpose of a man is to love a woman and the purpose of a woman is to love a man.."

Old 02-19-2017, 03:01 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Perhaps they do, but the question is whether or not they are a man or a woman. A child may want to be a police officer (or a unicorn) but that does not mean she can walk into a police station and start handing out tickets. If an adult man wants to be a woman and gets the surgery and the hormones and changes his birth certificate then okay, he can use the women's bathroom. But not until then.
I would not require him to change his birth certificate. I don't even think that can be done.

Frankly, if it takes actually examining his genitalia to figure out if he's not a woman, that's acceptable to me for his use of the women's room. Nobody that serious about being a woman is going to menace them any more than outdressing them.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:47 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
We all have rights..
You don't have the right to commit Fraud and misrepresent yourself.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:52 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I would not require him to change his birth certificate. I don't even think that can be done.

Frankly, if it takes actually examining his genitalia to figure out if he's not a woman, that's acceptable to me for his use of the women's room. Nobody that serious about being a woman is going to menace them any more than outdressing them.
It can be done, my transsexual relative got a new birth certificate after sex reassignment surgery.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:53 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You don't have the right to commit Fraud and misrepresent yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies