Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Rand Paul's Plan?
YES 20 27.03%
NO 54 72.97%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 03:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Another Ayn Rand. She ended up collecting on all that you know.

All talk.

Typical conservative.
Despicable. You have a problem with someone getting their money back?
Is it because you think government owns you and your money and should be able to do what they want with it? You haven't learned one thing about governments role and the rights of the individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 03:20 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,200,219 times
Pre-existing conditions kills it. Has to be in there. For ALL insurance, gov't or not. Back to the drawing board. I want to hear something about big pharma. Same drug is 1/8 to 1/3 the price outside of the US? Hello!? Alternative treatment regimens where people actually survive, only if you have enough sense to buy an airline ticket! Start there, babe.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And that's what we're going back to. Pure profit because they won't have to cover people who have preexisting conditions, can impose lifetime caps, and can drop anyone who has the audacity to make a claim, even if they have been paying on a plan for years without ever making a claim before. This, folks, is the Republicans' idea of healthcare reform.
Why yes one should always ignore the first rule when purchasing a product. A quality product for a fair price.

Since when does an intelligent customer say "well it's good deal but your making too much so I won't purchase your product".

Old 01-13-2017, 03:25 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why yes one should always ignore the first rule when purchasing a product. A quality product for a fair price.

Since when does an intelligent customer say "well it's good deal but your making too much so I won't purchase your product".
No, a more apt analogy is saying I will purchase your product, and I will pay monthly installments on it, possibly for years. But the minute I try to use it you will take it away from me, while keeping all of the money I've paid in already. That's what the insurance companies pre-ACA were allowed to do. And that's what they'll go back to doing under the GOP.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:26 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Few are saying that.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Few are saying that.
lol Take your blinders off. Look around. People often complain about companies profits while ignoring the value of the product they get.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, a more apt analogy is saying I will purchase your product, and I will pay monthly installments on it, possibly for years. But the minute I try to use it you will take it away from me, while keeping all of the money I've paid in already. That's what the insurance companies pre-ACA were allowed to do. And that's what they'll go back to doing under the GOP.
No, my initial post was spot one. You never mentioned the care that the individual receives. Did it ever occur to you that when companies make money others will get into that field and either drive down prices or increasing quality or both?

Get government out of the healthcare business. What do you think is driving prices up? All the competition? or the free market? Those aren't happening.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:32 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Problem is the market can't and won't solve many issues (HC being one).

I don't see your anti-liberal rant offering anything approaching a workable alternative. Bottom line we have the highest HC costs in the developed world. We pay the most for care and we have (will have again) the largest number of uninsured people in the developed world. This is not a coincidence. The Gov't is the only entity that can solve the problem. Perhaps congress should be mandated to use whatever HC alternative they off to the public.
That is because your premise is flawed. It is not the responsibility of the people to provide health care for individuals. It is the responsibility of the individual to provide for themselves.

This is why no solution will meet your needs as your needs are that of subjugating the masses to pay for the people you deem deserve to have their health care paid for.

This is why I keep saying that there are few people in the US who respect liberty anymore, they all have some convoluted ideal of how they want the government to subjugate others for their benefit. Basically... it is a country filled with lazy moochers all fighting over who gets control over the thugs.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:35 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Medicare premium for the average household income = $125/person, so for a family of 4 that will be $500. That is way cheaper than any existing insurance policy including group policies and ACA exchanges.

Medicare has a deductible of about $1400 which is also way less than most existing deductibles.

Medicare allows you to choose you doctor.

If you want more coverage than what part A/B give you, you can get one of many Medicare supplemental plans, some of which lower the deductible and co-pays to zero!

What's not to like about that????
Medicare is for people over 65. I don't know where you come up with family of 4.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:36 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Another Ayn Rand. She ended up collecting on all that you know.

All talk.

Typical conservative.
Blah blah, typical progressive, all useless commentary and no logical rebuttal.

Go bloviate to someone who is intimidated by your garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies