Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 01:11 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Trump is going to have a miserable 4 years. Will he handle it with as much dignity as his predecessor?
Heh that is pretty much a given for any President. Why anyone would want that miserable job is beyond me.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:13 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I think Trump Should Pull CNN's FCC License. They're not a news organization but a propaganda organization.
Why would CNN have or need an FCC license? It's not an over-the-air broadcaster.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:17 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
CNN did not release anything. They simply said that Trump had been briefed on dirt that Russia had on him. Then, Buzzfeed and a half dozen other organizations obliged by making what is purported to be said dirt public. It is interesting that all these news orgs had this dirt for months but never told the voters about it while they put every leak from Assange under the bright lights.
That's because they couldn't then and still can't now verify if it's true but it isn't stopping them and you guys from running with it. Just gobbling up that fake news eh?

Old 01-11-2017, 01:17 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Thats not nice thing to say about Hillary.
I recall Trump telling Romney to question Obama's birth certificate back in 2012, Romney indicated that there was no proof but Trump said it doesn't matter, people will still question his status. Then there was the Trump team in Hawaii that were finding "unbelievable things". So it's quite hypocritical for him to be throwing a fit over CNN releasing this story although they did qualify it as unsubstantiated.

I do agree that they should have waited but for Trump of all people to be complaining about innuendo takes some really large stones.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:20 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
I think...

Old 01-11-2017, 01:22 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
NO..

Do NOT set precedents as such. CNN is an idiot source, filled with very stupid and biased people. Let thier actions sink them, there is no legal or just means to using government and law to silence them.

Time to start acting like free people and realize that you have NO right to dictate to people how they should be, act, or think. Let the reality of a free market sink them as if you use force of law and government, you are NO different than the progressives and you feed the very chains that will be used to bind you in the future.

So no... let CNN waller in its own excrement.
Agreed. Let ratings determine if they survive or not.

We need more info not less. Most of us are adults enough to decide what we believe or not.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:31 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The actual time line was...that dossier has been floating around for months. Trump has seen it unless the intelligence agencies are lying to us. Anyways Buzzfeed decided to provide their readers a link to the actual dossier. They reported it was not verified information or from a verified source. Cnn reported that BuzzFeed had leaked the dossier and also added it was unverified source and content. It is what it is. Those are the facts...there is a dossier out there that nobody can verify but it exists. It's not fake...the content of the dossier may be fake but -- the existence of the dossier isn't. That's a little twist on the fake news controversey which is writing a completely made up story and saying it is a fact. Might be too complicated for some to understand.
Here's what you're overlooking. There are two categories of fake news. First, there are stories that, if true, would be newsworthy, but the content is false. It's something newsworthy but fake. Second, there are things that are true, but not newsworthy, such as the claim that DNC or Clinton put together a dossier of unsubstantiated assertions regarding Trump. The existence of the dossier is true, but the fact that Democratic sources put together a bunch of dubious claims about Trump is not newsworthy. This type of fake news is published to lend credence to the accusations.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The OP is fine with Trump lying and lying and lying. But he's not fine with any news agency reporting on Trump's continual and never-ending lies. THAT must END! Just shut down all media that doesn't play along with the orange buffoon's lies. That's what the OP is advocating here, and I'm certain the cult agrees with him.
What about all the claims on this forum insisting there's "no evidence" when we often have audio and video tapes? Whether we're talking about mocking a reporter or assaulting women, it's all there for us to hear & see, but none of it seems to matter. As Trump said during his campaign, he could shoot someone and his supporters wouldn't care, but now he's going to be the United States President, so he shouldn't be able to walk away from questions he doesn't like and he needs to stop attacking the people who want answers.

I'm not sure what was in the latest report we're learning about this week and will wait until there's additional information, but there WAS a report from U.S. Intelligence that, although unsubstantiated, states the Russians possibly collected damaging material on President-Elect Trump. Everything else is hearsay IMO.

I'm concerned that Trump will do his best to revamp top security agencies like the CIA and FBI because he doesn't like what they're telling him. He might also try to limit press conferences and block reporters who criticize him. He is much more concerned about his image than the security of our country. The Founding Fathers put "Freedom of the Press" in the Bill of Rights for a reason. It is astounding and troubling to me that so many people rant and rave about their 2nd Amendment rights while trying to take away the 1st.

Last edited by justNancy; 01-11-2017 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: shorten post - too long

Old 01-11-2017, 03:19 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Does CNN (or FNC, BSNBC, etc) even have FCC licenses? To the best of my knowledge, only broadcast (over the air) stations are licensed, not cable-only ones. If a few people want to watch fake news sites such as CNN, I don't know that it's the government's purpose to protect them from looking stupid.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:48 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
I think Trump Should Pull CNN's FCC License. They're not a news organization but a propaganda organization.
We have a little thing called freedom of the press in this country, ever heard of it? Yep, the press in this country is despicable, yes they are liars, yes, they are Leftist shills. It's not necessarily the media's responsibility to give you true information, that's what it means to be "free".... it's YOUR responsibility to inform yourself and make your own decisions about what's credible and what isn't.

If Trump and his Kool-Aid swallowers had their way, they'd turn this country in to North Korea with a state run media. If you'd asked me a year ago, I would have said that the Left is the biggest threat to our Constitution and freedoms enshrined within it, but a new strain of Republicans have popped up as of late that seems to be just as dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies