Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2017, 06:41 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Prior convictions under the espionage act were less than 3 years going back decades, she has served 7 years. Granted Manning released classified information in bulk but no one has served 35 years, also attempted suicide.

How do you feel about General Cartwright's pardon, no jail time at all.
He shouldn't have been either. I actually agree with some of Obama's commutations of drug offenders serving life, though I wish I knew more about their actions instead of just what they were charged with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 06:42 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I held a Top Secret/SCI clearance for 5 years and my wife still holds one (20 years now for her).

When we first heard about the commutation for Manning, we both disagreed with it.

Once I really researched it today, however, I decided I agree with the commutation. Manning never disclosed anything above a "Secret" classification, and she served a longer term than most people convicted of the same crime.

Manning also stood trial and expressed remorse for her crimes.

Snowden is still a POS traitor and his crimes are nothing like Manning's, IMO.
The old "Clinton" defense. "They can't be that guilty because nobody actually used the information anyway".

It doesn't matter what level of CLASSIFIED it was. He was a soldier that used his position to steal and release classified material. Period.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:43 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
So what does this do about the Governments case against Asange? Can they successfully prosecute the guy for sharing information while releasing the person who stole it in the first place????

Old 01-18-2017, 06:44 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
So what does this do about the Governments case against Asange? Can they successfully prosecute the guy for sharing information while releasing the person who stole it in the first place????
yes

the question is will they?

Old 01-18-2017, 07:14 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He shouldn't have been either. I actually agree with some of Obama's commutations of drug offenders serving life, though I wish I knew more about their actions instead of just what they were charged with.
If you went through the history you would see that 7 years is unusual and no one serves the 35 years. Manning certainly has some extenuating circumstances, I don't see any benefit in keeping her incarcerated for another 30 years. Even General Petraeus go a suspended sentence for trading secret information.

Last edited by Goodnight; 01-18-2017 at 07:49 AM..

Old 01-18-2017, 07:29 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Well, there must be some reason the Obama commuted his/her sentence.
We know obama has a reason and that reason is left to speculation as obama knows his overt intentions would be soundly rejected and his goals revealed.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:36 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
So Bradley Manning is a woman now? lol

Well, I guess she's quite a catch...

Old 01-18-2017, 07:38 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Bradley Manning is getting sex change surgery/treatment on the taxpayers dime, now Obama wants to set him free? What is the point of having laws anymore? Let's just let everyone do what they want and then bring on the sob stories on how their lives are now ruined and so forth because they have been caught, tried and sentenced.
They have to free Manning because of the Russian Hacking and Wiki-Leaks. The Leftists are very concerned about Wiki-Leaks and the Russians are hiding under all beds and desks.

Democrats/Leftists claim to be concerned about hacking and security --- and yet Obama pardons person who actually did leak classified documents to Wikileaks.
And that information was actually used by the Taliban.
And people actually died.

And the traitor Manning is going FREEEE
Who is really surprised by all this?

Old 01-18-2017, 07:50 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
They have to free Manning because of the Russian Hacking and Wiki-Leaks. The Leftists are very concerned about Wiki-Leaks and the Russians are hiding under all beds and desks.

Democrats/Leftists claim to be concerned about hacking and security --- and yet Obama pardons person who actually did leak classified documents to Wikileaks.
And that information was actually used by the Taliban.
And people actually died.

And the traitor Manning is going FREEEE
Who is really surprised by all this?
General Cartwright also went free as did Petraeus, they were also traitors.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Do you really think the Trump administration is going to prosecute a case against Assange??
Trump has been very specific in that he trusts Assange more than he trusts his own CIA.

He should be SO HAPPY about Manning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies