Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 07:11 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,604,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
I think it's anyone who didn't vote in this election tbh but that's kinda irrelevant.

The only thing that would restrict this is that I know that the high schools and middle schools are much more diverse than other generations...
I'm a younger Republican, yet I've been surprised by how many Hispanic Trump supporters there are on Conservative Instagram pages. I think Hispanics are more socially and fiscally Conservative than most Democrats perceive them to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 07:12 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,117,963 times
I think the only reason Republicans don't have more backing among Millenials is because the party has been hijacked by bible thumpers our whole lives. The next generation is the least religious ever in our society. Republicans beating people's heads with the Bible will only alienate them as they did us.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:15 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,117,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I'm a younger Republican, yet I've been surprised by how many Hispanic Trump supporters there are on Conservative Instagram pages. I think Hispanics are more socially and fiscally Conservative than most Democrats perceive them to be.
No they aren't. They are the most socially liberal group in our country. Fiscally they lean more to the left than most.

And Trump is not a victory for social conservatives. I'm a young dem but kind of excited to have a non-bible thumping Republican in the White House for a change.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:17 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Only if a person doesnt care at all about economic issues affecting their lives.

Why would the younger generation be submissive to the big money donor class that buy their politician and rig the economy? That doesnt make sense. Of course the special interests and their stooges can hide behind silly talking points about "fiscal conservative", "dont be jealous", "states rights" and other meaningless slogans, but with the democratization of media, people are seeing right through that nonsense.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:23 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Gen Z'ers would be in about middle school right now.
I understand that, and it doesn't change what I wrote. These kids are liberal.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:01 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,967 times
What's conservative and what's liberal changes from generation to generation. Conservatism will look different in 20-30 years especially regarding social issues.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:39 AM

7 posts, read 5,317 times
Millennials are the 80's babies, born through 1995. People born after '95 are considered Gen Z.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:55 AM

900 posts, read 375,428 times
This is a survey of young people in the UK. ..and everyone knows that a lot of them are muslim so yes the future of the uk is more conservative, so conservative it will make the middle ages feel liberal.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:06 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
No they aren't. They are the most socially liberal group in our country. Fiscally they lean more to the left than most.

And Trump is not a victory for social conservatives. I'm a young dem but kind of excited to have a non-bible thumping Republican in the White House for a change.
Trump is no Bible thumper, but Mike Pence certainly is.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:09 AM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:

It is funny how insular , and naive the typical urban liberal is. I mingle with the imported labor more than they do. I am the one sitting at the table with Vietnamese and Indians. Some of our common ground is how appalled we are at American food. One Vietnamese fellow was partially keen what I could forage from the park or the lawn.

Meanwhile I was in Panama city airport the other day and saw a magnificent nativity scene and a Catholic shrine. The only thing they like from the liberals is the transfer payments. White liberals are also too stupid to know who killed gay marriage in California . It was blacks . Homosexuals are now starting to revolt because of Islam which has given rise Milo and Douglas Murray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies