Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 04:21 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
But the point is that Trump set the tone without having anyone removed. You claim that bullies usually shut people down. That doesn't mean Trump was the only bully, however. He was just louder and had the name calling ready.

I wonder why Trump didn't just have the reporter removed for disruption.
CNN will remove him, or won't have White House access. Nothing personal, just business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 04:32 AM

282 posts, read 297,953 times
In the past, I had that notion about America of laws and rights bla bal bal. but nowadays, that idea has changed (why), because of the increase of people killing on the street by policemen. I am not going to mention those victims from American themselves regardless of their background ...etc. you got some good activist who campaigned for them. but I can not understand why cop killed a man from United Arab Emirates ? that is smth I can not understand do not tell me that the poor Emirati did not stop or whatsoever!

Old 01-12-2017, 06:09 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
In the end-- last night Kelyanne had to back down to CNNs Anderson Cooper-- facts: the other news people came up with a story of fake news but they linked CNN with it. NOW it was if 2 had the same story---
CNN said it did NOT confirm story-as part of their piece- - so then EL TRUMP and his people really went OFF on wrong assumptions-- or not verified facts.... CNN was actually clean in what they reported- small details --but clean

SO__In the next 4 years-will it go like this?
Mr Pres, Mr pres- I heard China dispatched a missile !-- Mr.T: what ?really?? no way--Bomb them back!! --
oh oh-- sorry- it was they buried a missile--- too late-

Old 01-12-2017, 06:25 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Hmm. I trust Michael Moore about as far as I could throw him, which wouldn't be very far. There is always some ulterior motive. In this case, maybe it's just to get his two cents in and get some attention.

Why he gets any attention at all is beyond me. He is nothing more than a liberal activist with bad personal hygiene that makes crappy movies.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:42 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
In the end-- last night Kelyanne had to back down to CNNs Anderson Cooper-- facts: the other news people came up with a story of fake news but they linked CNN with it. NOW it was if 2 had the same story---
CNN said it did NOT confirm story-as part of their piece- - so then EL TRUMP and his people really went OFF on wrong assumptions-- or not verified facts.... CNN was actually clean in what they reported- small details --but clean

SO__In the next 4 years-will it go like this?
Mr Pres, Mr pres- I heard China dispatched a missile !-- Mr.T: what ?really?? no way--Bomb them back!! --
oh oh-- sorry- it was they buried a missile--- too late-
What struck me is that this dossier has been circulated to media outlets for months and they have all passed on it because they couldn't verify any of the allegations. The only thing they could verify were several untruths. Why would they do it now? Don't they realize that every time they post obvious BS with an agenda, they make it harder on themselves down the road when they may have something really newsworthy to report? People have lost trust in these institutions completely.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:48 AM

1,160 posts, read 712,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What struck me is that this dossier has been circulated to media outlets for months and they have all passed on it because they couldn't verify any of the allegations. The only thing they could verify were several untruths. Why would they do it now? Don't they realize that every time they post obvious BS with an agenda, they make it harder on themselves down the road when they may have something really newsworthy to report? People have lost trust in these institutions completely.
yep. but see, no one actually READS anymore - they just read the headline and let some talking head tell them what it means.

The media is doing everything it can to undermine trump and it's sad.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:27 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,221,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I watched it live too.
The lawyer/accountant who talked about his business interests did a terrific job because even I understood her. No legal gobbledygook. I thought she was really interesting.
Two lawyers - Richard W. Painter and Norm Eisen would disagree.
Recent Video | PBS NewsHour

Old 01-12-2017, 09:28 AM

572 posts, read 435,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I agree with him. He said it should be sobering for anti Trump people because he commanded the room and calling CNN fake news he pulled off perfectly.

So don't hold your breath if you think this Trump Train will be derailed.
Perfection.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Michael Moore has this love/hate thing going on with Trump. I can't really figure it out. Maybe he just understands the blue-collar voter more than most other Liberals.
It's about Moore observing and telling the truth on what he sees. Unbiased. I enjoy listening to him even when I don't agree with what he says.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:40 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im getting pretty sick of this particular peice of nonsense.

Nate Silver is in my mind the most accurate, and he gave Trump a 30% chance. And guess what? Thats a pretty darn good probability. Having 30% when your opponent has 70% doesnt mean you are going to lose. It means you have a 30% chance.

Even the 98% nonsense means-YOU HAVE A CHANCE.

The media and people who understand statistics dont judge polls by a single result. Gah!
So Hill's approval rating was 70% and Trumps was 30%.

I guess I understand your frustration
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies