Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 12:26 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
He spends too much time criticizing the press. He should be above that.
Do you go around in life letting people say things about you that you know or feel are wrong, being the worlds doormat and not sticking up for yourself? Not "presidential" for one to stick up for oneself, defend oneself, speak what many people see as reality finally being addressed and not the typical political "golly gee" nonsense followed by a fake smile that seems to exist so much today?

Lots of people like being the worlds doormat these days it seems....don't speak up for themselves, are too afraid to speak out/defend themselves, etc. and seem to get uncomfortable around those that do. I personally see it all as a refreshing change for someone who speaks their mind. I can understand that it appears harsh to many who are doormats to the world types though.

Do you also realize the record low confidence the American public have in the media these days?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-med...in-2016-228168

"Americans' trust and confidence in the mass media "to report the news fully, accurately and fairly" has dropped to its lowest level in Gallup polling history, with 32% saying they have a great deal or fair amount of trust in the media. This is down eight percentage points from last year."

And polling shows that most Americans feel the media is biased against trump?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-donald-trump/

I personally think it's great someone finally in power is sticking up for themselves against the media. And most Americans agree. An adult/someone with a pair finally has arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

I am still holding out hope, but did I make a major mistake voting for Trump?

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.
So you like someone's attitude before the election but you don't want that same attitude of that person to exist after they win and get into office? And you have all these prejudgements about a person before they have been sworn into office before even seeing what they will/won't do for the nation? And claim to "feel fooled" on an assumption when someone acts the same throughout the election/primary process, from primary through main election to winning the election? Seriously....is your post an inside joke I'm missing for it frankly sounds completely non-sequitur/makes no sense on many levels.

And you long for the typical "presidential"/politician types where everything has been so pretty and fluffy and running the nation so well under their rule for a long time now is what you now long for? They sure have been doing a great job running our country in regards to serving the people and not the donors, smiling/saying the right words without lying of course, following the rule of law and the Constitution, running a little debt in the neighborhood of 20 trillion now, race relations worse than in decades, a divided nation, trust in government and the press at all times low, etc. and you yearn for all of that again?

A quote by PT Barnum comes to mind.

Last edited by stevek64; 01-12-2017 at 01:09 AM..

Old 01-12-2017, 04:39 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.
Except you're not a Trump supporter:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/46133507-post1.html

Written November 9th, 2016:

Quote:
I am a 30 something year old white guy making a six figure salary. It looks to me like my taxes will be going down under Trump's tax brackets, while those making under $18k will be going up (messed up and should be adjusted). LOL.

Whatever. I don't support Trump, but I will be better off.

I have to say that white males have been getting slammed over the past 8+ years. WTF did we do? I understand the slave masters from 100 years ago, but us 30 something year old white guys? Give me a break.

"Oh poor me. The white guy got the job." F-U!

This will be great for my personal finance and I will spend every cent which will help stimulate our economy.

How will you be off?
Stop with the bull.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:52 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Except you're not a Trump supporter:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/46133507-post1.html

Written November 9th, 2016:

Stop with the bull.
It appears Democrat Hillary lovers lie more than anyone.

Must have learned that skill from Obama.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:13 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Trump was not my first choice and I did not vote for him in the primary.

But when it came to the general election against Hillary, I have no regrets.

And anyone who calls themselves a Republican/ Conservative who even thought about voting for Hillary to keep Trump out needs a good swift kick in the head.

The thought of what that woman would have done to the Supreme Court and the future of America is downright bone chilling.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:14 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies.

He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

If you voted for Trump, then I'm a purple leprechaun.

Way to hit every hack liberal journo talking point a la Buzzfeed. You lost your cover when you became too indulgent with your fake monologue, clutched your pearls, and exclaimed "It's almost like he's working for the elite"!!

I mean Lawdy!!! Gosh. Catch me as I faint!!!

I'm reticent to indulge any point that you tried to make in your post, but:

1. You don't think he should be upset after what was just released? If you don't then you either a. aren't human, b. aren't paying attention or c. are a liberal.

2. The press very much deserves their rebuke. They've long ago discredited themselves as anything but a Neoliberal / neocon propaganda microphone.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:52 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:

Oh wow, a liberal whiner posing as a Donald Trump voter.

Nice try

Old 01-12-2017, 05:55 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I'm willing to bet that Trump was extra feisty today due to the "Golden Showers" report. I can't imagine every press conference will be like this.
President Trump will just not do any press conferences. He has no obligation to speak to reporters. That is why there is a WH spokesperson.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:55 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Didnt vote for him. Actually liking him a bit better. Not for his ridiculous ego or mouth, but apparent deal making.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:57 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
With every other President we have ever elected; they forgot who voted for them the night they were elected. Trump, so far, has given 'Appreciation' rallies and he continually reaffirms his campaign pledges - what isn't to like about him?

As far as reaming out the press: They worked for it and continue to work for it - they deserve what they get. Maybe they will learn their lesson and, once again, give unbiased reports.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:25 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The reality is starting to set in for the president-elect. I give him a year tops before he cracks under the pressure. I wish I could say that I'll enjoy watching the unraveling, but I don't relish the upheaval facing the country as he struggles with the demands of the office. He simply does not have what it takes, and I'm sorry that all of us, him included, are going to learn that the hard way.
I don't relish the thought of Mike Pence taking Trump's place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies