Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 09:40 AM

953 posts, read 840,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
... But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.
Rule #1: People do not change. He is what he is ... an old bully losing his grip quickly. As far as tax returns are concerned, I would be far more interested in reading the results of a detailed examination conducted by an independent team of neurologists and psychiatrists. His behavior cannot be described merely as inexplicably unprofessional, dismissive, combative and irrational ... he has now firmly landed in the zone of aberrant, unhinged and potentially dangerous.

Donald Trump: Making America Cringe Again.

Even the Twittersphere is beginning to blush and that is no easy feat.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:55 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,447,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
Rule #1: People do not change. He is what he is ... an old bully losing his grip quickly. As far as tax returns are concerned, I would be far more interested in reading the results of a detailed examination conducted by an independent team of neurologists and psychiatrists. His behavior cannot be described merely as inexplicably unprofessional, dismissive, combative and irrational ... he has now firmly landed in the zone of aberrant, unhinged and potentially dangerous.

Rule #2: Some of the most unstable/dangerous/inept people will look you in the eye, smile, seem extremely nice, speak so kindly, etc. I put more than a few politicians in that category.

I like someone who speaks their mind and isn't the worlds doormat. And it's refreshing to see someone finally standing up and feeling exactly the same way as the vast majority of American's feel about the media and beyond:

Gallup poll: Public confidence in media falls to all-time low - POLITICO

Voters agree media biased against Donald Trump - Washington Times

Though I can understand how doormat type people, people who let everyone walk over them in their own life, get all worked up when someone comes along and stands up for a change to their beliefs and takes off the PC filter.

Given it appears you like the phony smiley/tell me everything is all fine/rose colored glasses type in the face of how messed up and bought and sold our nation is on so many levels and you want to continue the same path we've been on with these types, there are plenty of those type of people and politicians left for you to listen to and admire.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:02 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,927,345 times
When Trump was playing "Lets get the media to give me some attention", I said that he wasn't fit for presidency.

He fed a lot of people with the idea that somehow he was going to bring back manufacturing jobs and pay unskilled labor a middle class wage where a family of 4 could live off of one income. Not going to happen regardless of who is in office. Those days are over. Now it is about who can be competitive in the global marketplace and remain competitive.

The second group of people are the White Nationalist who fear becoming a minority and not being able to have things the way they where for their grandparents, great grandparents and great great grandparents. Those days are over. Many want to take us back but it isn't going to happen.

It is important for us to stop thinking out of emotions and start planning to really hold these people accountable for their actions. We cant be fooled by the media showing us a Trump figure to distract us.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:14 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,447,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
When Trump was playing "Lets get the media to give me some attention", I said that he wasn't fit for presidency.

He fed a lot of people with the idea that somehow he was going to bring back manufacturing jobs and pay unskilled labor a middle class wage where a family of 4 could live off of one income. Not going to happen regardless of who is in office. Those days are over. Now it is about who can be competitive in the global marketplace and remain competitive.

The second group of people are the White Nationalist who fear becoming a minority and not being able to have things the way they where for their grandparents, great grandparents and great great grandparents. Those days are over. Many want to take us back but it isn't going to happen.

It is important for us to stop thinking out of emotions and start planning to really hold these people accountable for their actions. We cant be fooled by the media showing us a Trump figure to distract us.
You should have been planning to "hold these people accountable" decades ago as our country has continued to be run into the ground on so many levels and these types "fed a lot of people" with lots of lies and nonsense decade after decade. The fake smiley/inept/slick types haven't been working out very well.....hopefully you've noticed? And if you have, you favor these inept/bought and sold types and want to keep giving them your support? And btw, trump to many people is a try at something different other than the same old same old. I trust no politician but come on, give the guy a chance before you start prejudging, he's not even in office yet.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:34 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,927,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
You should have been planning to "hold these people accountable" decades ago as our country has continued to be run into the ground on so many levels and these types "fed a lot of people" with lots of lies and nonsense decade after decade. The fake smiley/inept/slick types haven't been working out very well.....hopefully you've noticed? And if you have, you favor these inept/bought and sold types and want to keep giving them your support? And btw, trump to many people is a try at something different other than the same old same old. I trust no politician but come on, give the guy a chance before you start prejudging, he's not even in office yet.
I am willing to give him a try because there is no other choice. If he does something right I will commend him. When he does something wrong I will not.

Trump is going to have to prove to me that he is better than dismantling ACA or building a wall and having Mexico pay for it. He has shown me who he is and it isn't pretty.

I am waiting.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:34 AM

953 posts, read 840,120 times
Quote: Originally Posted by Aura 524

Quote:
Rule #2: Some of the most unstable/dangerous/inept people will look you in the eye, smile, seem extremely nice, speak so kindly, etc. I put more than a few politicians in that category.
As do I.

Quote:
Given it appears you like the phony smiley/tell me everything is all fine/rose colored glasses type in the face of how messed up and bought and sold our nation is on so many levels and you want to continue the same path we've been on with these types, there are plenty of those type of people and politicians left for you to listen to and admire.
That was not what I wrote, but alternative translations are fine.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:38 AM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Yes, you did. Kudos to you for being upfront about it. Please vote in four years and help us remove this nut from the white house.
Oh please. He's already been called out twice with his own words in past posts showing he did not support Trump at all. God some people will believe anything. No wonder libs still believe CNN is legit.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:42 AM

35,568 posts, read 20,909,470 times
Quote:

I like someone who speaks their mind and isn't the worlds doormat. And it's refreshing to see someone finally standing up and feeling exactly the same way as the vast majority of American's feel about the media and beyond:

Gallup poll: Public confidence in media falls to all-time low - POLITICO

Voters agree media biased against Donald Trump - Washington Times

Though I can understand how doormat type people, people who let everyone walk over them in their own life, get all worked up when someone comes along and stands up for a change to their beliefs and takes off the PC filter.

You must have "diplomacy" in the world arena - this is not your back yard with your wife- neighbors-- or coworkers- sorry--
he is being viewed by the world-- and saying the vast majority ?--No- the minority wants to let it all fly and the chips fall where they may -- some of us have some sense.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:50 AM

8,852 posts, read 4,518,436 times
RE: Butt-Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Again I see this phrase. Did you guys all get together and come up with it. Or did you hear it on some conservative radio show. Man, you guys are all in sync. You are like pod people lol None the less, your phrase is getting old. And why are we helping to re elect Trump. Can't you do it on your own

Natalie, God bless your heart, please remember that I'm one of those deplorables, just clinging to my guns and religion. So "butt-hurt" is the most descriptive phrase I know to describe the behavior of the losers in the past election. And if that phrase is getting old, so is your petulant behavior.

One more clue for you: The fact that you can't understand how your continued insulting of the folks who voted for President Trump helps to re-elect him is per se proof of my statement.

Aloha & have a great day!

Old 01-12-2017, 10:53 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,167,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
RE: Butt-Hurt

Natalie, God bless your heart, please remember that I'm one of those deplorables, just clinging to my guns and religion. So "butt-hurt" is the most descriptive phrase I know to describe the behavior of the losers in the past election. And if that phrase is getting old, so is your petulant behavior.

One more clue for you: The fact that you can't understand how your continued insulting of the folks who voted for President Trump helps to re-elect him is per se proof of my statement.

Aloha & have a great day!
He barely won and not all his supporters read internet forums or use social media.

The odds that he'll win again, given his behavior on the news, which many people DO read, is low.

He'll have to do some serious work to hold on to his voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.