Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 09:29 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,333,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

I am still holding out hope, but did I make a major mistake voting for Trump?

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.

You kidding? This is F*cking AWESOME!!!

Old 01-11-2017, 09:31 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,747,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Those people in Kentucky, who have probably benefited from the ACA more than those in any other state, should have expected this when they voted for Trump.

They WILL lose their healthcare and many of them WILL NOT be able to afford to put money away in an HSA, or whatever nonsense replacement the GOP has planned, or DOESN'T HAVE PLANNED, as it were.
Kentucky uninsured rate went from 8.3 to 6 percent and this is WITH the individual mandate... somehow I see a lot of deceit in the plight of imaginary people...

31,285 posts, read 20,623,627 times
Quote:
I'm Beginning to Regret Voting for Trump. You?.
No

2,294 posts, read 2,644,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is too early to say.

I think Gen. Mattis is a good choice.
I agree.

He agrees with Obama on Israel:

Quote:
Mattis supports a two-state solution model for Israel-Palestinian peace. He says the current situation in Israel is "unsustainable" and argues that the settlements harm prospects for peace and could theoretically lead to an apartheid-like situation in the West Bank.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:34 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,003,266 times
Geez folks....let the guy get in office first. Do we have to start ripping the guy before he has the chance to screw up? SMH

Old 01-11-2017, 09:34 PM

26,750 posts, read 22,265,185 times
Quote:
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.
Apparently you didn't take Trump's "F-You attitude" seriously enough, or didn't realize the full extent of it)))

P.S. I chose NOT to vote this year at all))))

Old 01-11-2017, 09:35 PM

31,285 posts, read 20,623,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Geez folks....let the guy get in office first. Do we have to start ripping the guy before he has the chance to screw up? SMH

Old 01-11-2017, 09:38 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,644,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Kentucky uninsured rate went from 8.3 to 6 percent and this is WITH the individual mandate... somehow I see a lot of deceit in the plight of imaginary people...
Their Tea Party governor, Matt Bevin, who campaigned on destroying Obamacare, now says he does not want repeal before replacement. I'm guessing he sees some value in the current plan for the citizens of his state.

Also, this for Kentucky:

Obamacare repeal could cost Kentucky 45,000 jobs | Lexington Herald-Leader

Old 01-11-2017, 09:40 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,716,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I think a lot of people are realizing that they don't like Trump. But I think very very few people who supported Trump, would now prefer Hillary to Trump.
It would be like a pepsi employee who says they like pepsi, but secretly likes coke.

I'm still glad Hillary lost. We dodged a major bullet, the size of a nuclear missile.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:41 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,192,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbostons7489 View Post
Lol George Soros runs the democrats you can have that Nazi who enjoyed killing his own jews and bankrupting countries. Soros isn't stupid. Soros will stop at nothing to get rid of Trump.
I think Soros is paying or someone else has some dirt on a few Republicans too (Rubio, McCain, Graham, Flake). I suspect many of our elected officials have been compromised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies