Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 06:56 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Think what you like. I know it makes you feel good to play gotcha instead of being mature.
Saying something is a typo when it obviously isn't is dishonest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 06:57 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
There was no insult, and you did get what I was saying.
Think what you like. I know it makes you feel good to play gotcha instead of being mature.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Saying something is a typo when it obviously isn't is dishonest.
It was a typo.

Why would I say "bland and white" when it was obvious I was going for black and white? It had nothing to do with people anyway. I was obviously talking about ideas that are overly simplified without shades of gray. Like I said twice now: Think what you like. I know it makes you feel good to play gotcha instead of being mature.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:59 AM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Keep adding on to previous posts in order to prove yourself "right." This is tiresome and its intellectually lazy. I think I'm done here. I'm good to debate but when you start moving goal posts, changing original premises of posts, etc. I'm done.

dont leave yet Magritte 25, I just woke up! see my post #269

Old 01-14-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Both are federal offenses, and justice is blind. Now what?
Quote:
Now what? Is this a street fight? LOLOL

Yes both are federal offenses. I guess things are easier when you look at issues in a juvenile, pedantic, black and white manner. I'd probably save myself a ton of stress if I adopted a lower level intellectual attitude toward the world.
Oh, so now "bland" is "black."

That's fine.

But there's still the matter of you referring to InformedConsent as "juvenile" and "pedantic."

As I said, you can dish out the insults, but get all huffy when someone returns the favor.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
dont leave yet Magritte 25, I just woke up!
LOL It was probably an empty promise anyway as I'm addicted to these boards. Its just tiresome to have people add on to posts, change what they originally meant etc. instead of just having a respectful, honest conversation.

BTW, good morning!!

Old 01-14-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Oh, so now "bland" is "black."

That's fine.

But there's still the matter of you referring to InformedConsent as juvenile and pedantic.

As I said, you can dish out the insults, but get all huffy when someone returns the favor.
The argument is juvenile and pedantic. I don't think IC is but think what you like. I know it makes you feel good to play gotcha instead of being mature.

Quote:
Last edited by Magritte25; Today at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Changed bland to black since it was an obv typo that some people like to pick on

Old 01-14-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
It was a typo.

Why would I say "bland and white" when it was obvious I was going for black and white?
Why would it be obvious?

White and bland are often associated.

Quote:
It had nothing to do with people anyway. I was obviously talking about ideas that are overly simplified without shades of gray. Like I said twice now: Think what you like. I know it makes you feel good to play gotcha instead of being mature.
"It had nothing to do with people," other than the fact that you dismissed InformedConsent's reasonable and polite post as "juvenile" and "pedantic."

Maybe you should apologize to him.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
The argument is juvenile and pedantic.
How so?

Are you going to move beyond name-calling?

Old 01-14-2017, 07:05 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
While I certainly don't disagree with any of this, if people are so worried about the environment why aren't those issues treated seriously? We only discuss the environment and poor Americans when it comes to illegal immigration. Otherwise, you try to talk about these issues and people start bitching about regulations, how humans don't impact the environment etc.

You are saying we can't have it both ways and I throw that right back to your side.
On this issue of 'over population' there is not one 'right' side. It is a humanity issue and I do not see us coming together to discus the real issues: Euthanasia, Birth control, One-Child policies. These are subjects that none will touch and especially the church. China just dropped their one-child policy which will even speed up the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies