Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 06:40 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Now, before I continue, let me say, I'm not generalizing, nor do I mean that there are not decent adults in the world and everyone had bad parents...they didn't....and most people are good people....

So, here goes...

I read an article today, about how a police officer, went into a Crispy Cream for Donuts, and someone wrote on the box they handed him with the donuts in it, "Black Lives Matter!"

So, Crispy Cream, did not fire the person who did that...and they reported a sort of apology....but didn't take a stand either...

To me and for me, this employee at Crispy Cream should have been fired. But, it's a whole different generation. Here is the article.

Krispy Kreme Gives Cop A Box Of Black Lives Matter Instead of Doughnuts - Blue Lives Matter

and here is my take....

Not only should the employee have been fired, but this raises another, much deeper thought.

When I was growing up, we both respected police and feared them….feared them why?

Because we knew if we did wrong or talked up to them or any adult, we’d be met with punishment/consequences for our actions!

And that is the problem with this world today… “Parenting!”

The way kids speak to their parents, or any adult for that matter, let alone a teacher or police officer, is shameful….and here you have the reason why it's happening. Let alone, our leaders gave them a free get out of jail card, by literally telling them, it's ok to disrespect police officers.

A total turn around has taken place over a span of say, the last 50 years, due to parenting or I should say, the lack thereof. Were our parents hard on us, yes indeed they were…and when I see the children with not only disrespectful attitudes, but how they openly and verbally insult others is deplorable and I’m thinking the people who are now running this chain, are from that generation.

They called our parents abusive, b/c they spanked us….well let me tell you, I’d much rather have had our parents than the parents of today! When we went to a doctor’s office, a restaurant, church, or any public place for that matter, we were taught to whisper. If we had run around a store, the way kids are allowed to today, we’d have gotten our butts smacked hard! Was that abuse, no, it wasn’t…it was parenting responsibly! I’ve seen both sides of the coin, and no thank you to those today who are in their 30’s or younger! And believe me, there are good ones who were raised like we were…but not enough!

And to treat Police officers the way some people do, is a humiliation to our society. The total lack of respect is unthinkable. The way people ignore even our driving practices, is just deplorable. And what is it with this generation, do you have to tail gate to pass your driver’s license.

I hope and pray, things turn around and parents once again, become responsible parents.

I’ve discussed this matter with people who are teachers, and coaches, and they tell horrible stories about the parents, their attitudes adding, do your read online comments, and how they bully others and swear??? When I see people leave the online nasty comments, to news feeds, or on forums, I can’t help but think, “God, I hope you haven’t bred children”.

So, this is what you get, when you don’t parent responsibly…or have children without both parents.

Thank you God for my foster parents, and how they taught us respect for others!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 06:45 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Crispy Cream? Dear God, man, it's spelled out right there in the headline.

Yes, the employee was wrong to have done such a thing. Should it have resulted in a firing? I don't know the entire story, so I'll reserve judgement.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:46 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Another issue is the belief in some communities that the rules of gang law, which promote violence in retaliation for the slightest perception of disrespect, have replaced legislated law.

Legislated law is foreign and incomprehensible to so many.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:49 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
I don't understand why this would be disrespectful. Secondly, he got his doughnuts so whoever wrote this article should perhaps be fired? And lastly, cops maybe should pick something other than doughnuts to complain about.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:50 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times
What seems so ridiculously ironic or hypocritical even is that these blacks who constantly are disrespecting police and shouting BLM are basically generalizing that ALL cops are the same which is the exact problem they are fighting against.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:50 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
I would like to know if this is a Franchise store or a Corporation owned store. This might be a reflection on that particular owner as opposed to the entire company.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:51 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Did they charge him for the doughnuts?

Old 01-13-2017, 06:56 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Its the typical thug mentality. It is a badge of courage to disrespect cops. Whether it be at work, or when being pulled over. Resist, defy, run, fight back. This type of thug behavior is learned through bad examples being taught.. Lack of parenting or no father figure in their lives is the new norm in some cultures. Sad but true. Of course the cop haters will defend these idiots true to form.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't understand why this would be disrespectful. Secondly, he got his doughnuts so whoever wrote this article should perhaps be fired? And lastly, cops maybe should pick something other than doughnuts to complain about.
the cops were not complaining about the donuts!

Old 01-13-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysleysis Rubio View Post
Christie cream is a private company. They can hire and fire whoever they want

The cops can also buy their healthy snacks wherever they want. If you don't like their decisions don't shop there.

If you don't like PC then don't promote it.
You are right in some ways, but in others you are not, I believe there are two ways of looking at this....and I see it in a way that is very sad, b/c society is losing here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies