Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 08:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Where has freedom broke out anywhere in the world under this administration? What have Biden or Obama done over the last eight years to warrant receiving a medal, much less one with "distinction?"
Not knocking "good old Joe, I'd like to see Joe's list of accomplishments that warrant a medal, I mean other than surviving as a career politician and writing the (dubious) Patriot Act.

In fact, I'd think the left would've been apoplectic about his involvement in that act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 08:48 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It wasn't aimed specifically at you, and I agree with some of what you say above.

It was pointed at those who won't recognize reality.

Although, I'm sure Biden was traumatized by the death of his son, you're talking about a man in his mid 40's; it wasn't a young child at home. It wasn't like he was his only child, he has three others. If it was as traumatic as that, he would have resigned as VP. With less than two years remaining and knowing much of that would be as a lame duck administration, it's not like his resignation would be an issue.

Like I said, I'd bet money he didn't run because the DNC told him not to run.
OMG!!!!! I've seen some really, really strange statements on this forum, but this one takes the cake ! What kind of parent are you, if you are ? My sons are in their mid 40's and, if something happened to one of them today, I would be a basket case. WOW !

I hope none of us ever has to go through what Joe did. I am not sure I could go on.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:56 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Do you have children? Your comment seems very odd to me. I don't know anyone who has ever lost a child who said, "Well, he was an adult and I have some extras."

Surely if the DNC had any influence over the decision Putin would have made that information available.
Yes, I have two children, and I clearly said it would be traumatic.

Reality is that losing your only child would be more traumatic than losing one of your children.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/N.../#!po=0.193798

Quote:
The increased rate of divorce among couples who have lost their only child correlates with a greater sense of guilt.
I can't find anything (quickly) about older children, but I think it makes sense that it's not as hard as a young child.

I just don't believe it was the reason.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:00 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Biden vs Trump debates would have been a hoot. He probably just didn't want the job after seeing how sh**ty it is for 8 years. I wouldn't want the job either, no matter how much you paid me.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
OMG!!!!! I've seen some really, really strange statements on this forum, but this one takes the cake ! What kind of parent are you, if you are ? My sons are in their mid 40's and, if something happened to one of them today, I would be a basket case. WOW !

I hope none of us ever has to go through what Joe did. I am not sure I could go on.
So, you believe he should have stepped down as VP or do you believe it's appropriate to have a basket case in that position only a heartbeat from having his finger on the button?

Why didn't Obama force Biden to resign if he was in such a fragile state?

Old 01-13-2017, 09:01 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
I see Biden was given his consolation gift by Obama.

If Biden had run for POTUS, he would have won.

Why didn't he run? The DNC thought that another "first" would pay off in November. They thought women and moderates would flock to the polls to "make history" like they did with Obama. They also saw Hillary as a cash cow due to her history of generating huge amounts of cash.

The DNC made the executive decision to make Hillary their candidate early on, and no other candidate would be allowed to win. We saw this in those emails.

I'd bet money Biden was told in no uncertain terms that he would be persona non grata if he dared make a run against Hillary.

Obama gave him his "good boy" award for following orders.

If Biden had run, I think he would have beat Trump, and I'm sure Biden feels the same.

I bet his blood will boil whenever he sees that medal.
Yeah, ok.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yeah, ok.
Like I said, it's going to be difficult for many of you to accept that the DNC didn't allow you to choose your candidate.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:06 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default Biden gets medal instead of presidency

Yay everybody get a medal , he also got a gift bag with crayons and bubbles.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:07 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Yes, I have two children, and I clearly said it would be traumatic.

Reality is that losing your only child would be more traumatic than losing one of your children.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/N.../#!po=0.193798

I can't find anything (quickly) about older children, but I think it makes sense that it's not as hard as a young child.

I just don't believe it was the reason.

No, Pedro, you are wrong. It would be JUST as hard losing an adult son or daughter as it would a young child. I worry just as much about my own two today as I did when they were infants. As for having more than one child and losing only one, same deal. Don't care if I had 12 kids, losing one would kill me.

Some parents are just more bonded to their offspring than others, I guess.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:08 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, Pedro, you are wrong. It would be JUST as hard losing an adult son or daughter as it would a young child. I worry just as much about my own two today as I did when they were infants. As for having more than one child and losing only one, same deal. Don't care if I had 12 kids, losing one would kill me.

Some parents are just more bonded to their offspring than others, I guess.
Yes, not even sure trump would notice if anything happened to Tiffany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies